Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on May 19, 2011
This was the least expensive 16" I could find. Also the build quality gets cheaper and cheaper every time I buy a new chain saw. I had a WoodShark that was as cheap as I would put up with and did not want to replace it with the newer Poulan model. Husqvarna's build quality is decent so it has sufficed in that department. This saw ran perfectly out of the box but needed to have the low fuel adjustment altered in warmer temperatures. You need a special splined screwdriver to do this or there is the hack of tapping a piece of 1/4 inch steel tubing over it.The later method worked well enough. The choke is designed to shut off by squeezing the throttle so you can't accidentally leave it on. If the carb is adjusted perfectly this is not a problem but allowing to leave the choke on is better. Leave it to the EPA to make a chainsaw harder to use. It does not have the tool-less tension adjuster but I don't believe that it is a deal breaker. I did not experience any chain oiling problems that other purchasers have stated. The oil tank is a little too small so you just have to not completely fill the fuel tank so the fuel ends up running out before the oil. This saw has about the same power as the poulan I replaced it with. If you want a inexpensive 16" saw of acceptable build quality you should be satisfied.
on April 9, 2012
I have read some of the reviews of this saw and I am left scratching my head at some of them. First of all, a 34.4cc saw is only designed for smaller jobs. I purchased this saw for my girlfriend for Valentines Day. I'm romantic that way. Anyway, I used it to cut some trees down that were around 30 inches in diameter, with no problems whatsoever. You must blast it full throttle before going in, um like the directions say. I also cut up a dead fall that was huge, again with no problem at all.

As for the oiling problems: again, the directions will tell you to look for oil being finely flung off the tip of the saw. If it doesn't do this, then don't use it! Check the tank to be sure there's oil in it. If you're using it in cold weather, the bar oil will thicken, making the bar oil pretty much worthless. Use a thicker motor oil in cold weather. If I'm not mistaken, the directions will say just that! Look at me...I can read, huh?

Husqvarna's are far and away the best equipment you can get for the price. I have husqvarna everything: riding mower, push mower (Honda engine), blower, weed whacker, and the saw that I got myself, er, my girlfriend for Valentines. She had an old Poulan Pro with a 42cc that I took for myself. It had very little hours on it, but a jacked up carburetor and auto-oiler with a leaky tube. Anyway, Husqvarna makes the best 2 cycle in the world. That's not just my opinion either. Furthermore, they are built in the good ol' USA. However it is a ritual with starting them. But the end result speaks for itself: a beautiful yard.
on June 30, 2014
Cuts great if you don't push it. Much lighter than my son's Sachs Dollmer. Terrible hard to start- I'm 65 yrs old and by time I get the saw started I'm almost to tired from pulling the starter to use the saw.
Other than that it's great
on April 22, 2015
I've had this Husquvarna 235 chain saw for over two years and use it and then it sits in my garage for 8 or 9 months then I pull it out and use it again. It starts right up every time and works good. It's a small saw and if you have a big job you should get a bigger one. Otherwise it works as advertised and I am quite happy with it.
After we decided on the Husqvarna and the 16" chain bar, we still had two choices: The Husqvarna 235 and the 435. The 435 has a bigger engine than the 235: 40.9 cc (horsepower / size of engine) compared to 34.4 cc. As we are not the most muscular people, we finally went with the lighter-weight of the two. This 235 weighs just over 10 pounds.

We like this one, and we are happy with it: So what if we lost a little power by not choosing the 435? We gained better control and don't feel overly fatigued when we are done with our work. We feel safer, too.

We have many (15, actually) century-old oak and pecan trees on our property. We all joke about the pecan trees being "self-pruning" (their limbs are always falling), but the limbs on the oaks are tenacious. We used to hire tree trimmers but as their prices increased over the years, their safety procedures decreased. So we started doing the work ourselves: One tree a week when the weather is pleasant. Then we start over. And now we've got it under control. But we didn't have the proper size chainsaw to deal with large limbs.

We decided on a 16" chain bar because we already have a Stihl telescoping pole saw/pruner and a 12" McCulloch Mini-Mac (can't get parts for it any longer, but it still works great). We really like the Stihl brand and own several of their products. But we decided to try Husqvarna because several of our neighbors were patting themselves on their backs for their decisions.

We didn't have any trouble starting up this baby; maybe because we are familiar with and have a lot of experience with chain saws? So, we were surprised to see so many reviews that complained about difficulties. Good thing I came to check out the Amazon reviews after we bought our saw locally.... So far we've only had trouble pronouncing "Husqvarna". (Just joking!) Actually, we've been pleased with our choice, and just wanted to add our two cents to the opinion pool.
on September 14, 2012
I don't know why people gave this chain saw such horrible reviews. What do you want for $199? Right out of the box it starts right up, I use mine for household stuff and other misc
Work. I cut up a old storage shed's base that was 3/4 plywood, and soaked 2x8 pressure treated cross beams and the saw ripped right through that wet hard stuff. I previously had a "wild-thing"
from poulain and well it never ran, so i took it back to tractor supply. I have to give this chain-saw 5 stars, its made in the USA and does it job, with a great price.
on November 29, 2014
Don't be fooled by the brand name, as I was. They use the same inferior fuel line material as the lower end brands. Save yourself some money and purchase the most economical chainsaw you can find. You'll feel better knowing you are having the same problems as the person who bought the more expensive Husqvarna!
on June 29, 2015
The Husqvarna 235x torx saw rocks! As suggested by the Arborist forum, buy a couple 22 ga. wire connectors and affix to the h&l carb screws, (as shown in the picture). Insert a small screwdiver and set the L idle speed to 3000. The high idle should be set at 12000.
review image
on November 1, 2011
I purchased the 235 a few months back and used it twice in the 3 months I've had it. Both times didn't end well. The clutch cover on the saw is very poorly designed!! Both times I used it the clutch cover broke, specifically the screw that holds tension on the bar!! Good luck noticing the little plastic piece that holds the screw in place is missing!! This caused the chain to fly off the bar without any warning!! Secondly it is very under powered, the saw looks like it should be able to do a lot more than it actually can. Anything over a medium sized branch gave the saw trouble! I returned it and got a Husky 455 Rancher! So far so good!! Husky defiantly makes a good product, however the design on the 235 is just poor! Spend the extra money on a higher grade Husky saw, the 455 Rancher seems to be the way to go!
on November 29, 2011
A few months ago we had some major storms and I needed something to cut up trees that needed to be hauled away. Thanks to Amazon Prime I got the saw the next day for just a few dollars and was able to get to work. I found this saw to be strong enough to cut through fallen limbs up to about 12 inches thick with ease. It started easily, idled well and was easy to control. I have found over time though that it leaks oil very slowly. I think it's the chain and bar oil so it's not a huge deal. I recommend storing it with a rag or something else under it to keep it from making a mess. Bottom line: if you're a homeowner or landlord with a few properties you can't go wrong with this chainsaw.

See 1 answered question