5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Saw - Best One I've Owned
Published on May 21, 2011 by Brent

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed
Published on December 14, 2010 by waterdog

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Saw - Best One I've Owned, May 21, 2011
This review is from: Husqvarna 435 16-Inch 40.9cc 2 Stroke Gas Powered Chain Saw (Lawn & Patio)
I have a number of good chain saws of various sizes and brands, but the smaller 16" gets the most use for felling even rather large trees and cutting firewood simply because it's lighter and easier to maneuver than the larger saws. After my 39year old Homelite finally wore completely out, I was spooked away from a new one by many not-so-whoopee product reviews of later models. By the same product reviews, I was drawn to the Husqvarna 435 that was generally rated pretty good across the board in all categories. It tried to start on the first pull in choked position, and instantly lit up on the next pull after choke was opened to normal position. After normal warm-up time, it runs and idles perfectly while showing plenty of torque during my past two weeks of using it to drop and cut-up a number of both live and dead/seasoned-out oak trees that were up to 18" in diameter. It quickly cuts through live wood and hardened dead wood like hot butter. Quickly starts either from cold or hot restart and runs/cuts beautifully in any position. Great saw - I couldn't be happier with anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Chainsaw!, December 7, 2012
1. Lightweight ... only 9.2lbs!
2. Easy Starting
3. Good Power
4. Great price ... $248 new w/ free shipping (... wow ... has the price dropped since it purchase mine ... oh well ... nothing I can do about that now.)

Excellent power and light enough to use for limbing trees without wearing youself out! Very simple to use and maintain. Great chainsaw for the beginner.

Interesting start switch ... it's always in the "ON" position. Guess this is the idiot-proof way of making sure you don't accidently flood it when trying to start it.

Priming the carb was easy for the first time start and fired right up after two pulls with the choke and another two without (4 pull attempts). Starts on a single pull once primed.

Manual is super easy to understand and loaded with plenty of pictures to make it idiot-proof.

My only cons are the following ...

The carburator needs minor adjustment ... the idle out of the box is a little rough and the low speed needle settings aren't quite right either because if you stab the throttle it stalls a little bit meaning it's to lean and needs to be richened up a bit. The high speed setting is a bit lean too. Come to think of it, all these CARB compliant chainsaws come out of the box on the lean side and need to be richened up so you don't burn the saw up!

*** Tuning Tip -The low speed carb setting should be slightly on the rich side so when you stab the throttle it's primed with a little extra fuel mixture so it doesn't bog. The high speed carb setting needs to be set to where the chainsaw is slightly "four-stroking" when the throttle is wide open. This means the chainsaw is running a little rich under no load conditions but when cutting wood it will lean out a little and run at peak power without leaning out to much and bogging down or burning the chainsaw up! The only true way to adjust the high speed carb setting is while putting the chainsaw to work in some wood ... no other good way to do it unless you have some sort of chainsaw dyno in which case you won't be reading this review anyway because you're a professional and not a beginner! Let your chainsaw warm-up for a minute or two before you start making carb adjustment. If you find that you need more help ... check out the video on YouTube titled "Davidsfarm 0953 LhXGWF B hs SQ how to adjust carbs on 2 stroke weedeaters and chainsaws" ... this is to my knowledge to only carb adjustment video on YouTube that correctly explains how to tune a 2-stroke carb! ***

The idle can be adjusted with a small regular flat-tip screwdriver. The High/Low settings need a special carb screwdriver to make adjustments and that tool is the following - Genuine Poulan Weedeater Part # 530035560 Carb Adjusting Tool.

The chainsaw oiler isn't adjustable. It seems to function just fine but it would've been nice to have the ability to adjust the flowrate. Also remember to flip the bar over at the end of the day so that the bar will wear evenly and last a lot longer. Clean the bar guide free of saw dust so that your chainsaw gets plenty of bar oil and doesn't wear out prematurely too.

The only other chainsaw I would even consider buying is made by Efco (MT-4100) ... it's a little more expensive but it's build quality is much better than any Husqvarna homeowner series chainsaw and the low end torque of the Efco's are amazing to say the least! Just something to think about :O)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Saw, April 17, 2011
Campin' Cowpoke (Allen, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This is my first chainsaw, and I am glad I went with Husqvarna after having such a great experience with one of their weedeaters.

I got the 435 over the 235/40 for the bigger engine with 3 piece crank. I also did not want the toolless chain tensioning, as I saw too many negative comments on it on the web. Not much to go wrong with the simple bolt on the 435. The engine idles and runs like a champ and with very little vibration transmitted to the user. No problems starting cold or hot. Hot simply required one pull with no choke. It has plenty of power to take down the 8-10" limbs that I cut during my first use with it. The factory supplied chain cuts great and i didn't need to adjust it during or after the first use. I am very satisfied with the 435 and look forward to many years of service from it!

5.0 out of 5 stars great saw, February 11, 2009
I bought this saw to clean up storm damage and take down a fairly large tree. It worked great. It is not a pro saw, but it is a high quality saw that should last the average homeowner years. I would highly recomend this saw.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing power, November 12, 2011
If you haven't had a chainsaw for awhile, you are in for a suprise when using the husqvarna 435 with 16 inch chain. I wanted a saw that is comfortable for limbing, falling trees, and firewood. At under 10 lbs, the 435 is perfect. It cut through a tree with a circumfrence of 55 inches in a few seconds with no stalling or bogging down. Startup is 2-5 pulls when cold, and 1 pull (without choke) when hot. After 2 weeks of heavy cutting, the chain it came with out of the box was still sharp as day 1. The husqvarna 435 is a quality semi-pro saw at a fair price. When purchased with the no hassle 4 year warranty at lowes, you can't go wrong. I have beat the heck out of this saw for 6 months now, and it still runs like new. It has been in freezing temperatures, sunk in mudpuddles, twisted and dropped... still, it comes roaring back to life. If you get this saw, the days of cursing the ill-tempered, hard to start, 'saws of yesterday' are gone forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great saw, November 22, 2011
Katya (New England) - See all my reviews
After Snowpocalypse, my neighbor and I had almost a dozen trees and large limbs to buck up (varying in size from 12" to 30" diameter). This saw readily cut through the maple, cherry, red oak, and pine. Having used older Huskys and Stihls, I was pleasantly surprised how (relatively) low-vibration this saw was compared to older models.

I know a couple of people have complained that this saw is hard to start. I'm a pretty small female (5'2") and I have been able to start the saw readily. In the past I have had to drop start saws, but I can start this one just by pulling the cord. If you are having trouble starting it, make sure you follow the instructions exactly. Engage the chain brake before starting the saw. Flip the choke up, prime the saw (pressing the fuel bubble 6 times), pull 2-4 times until the saw catches, release the choke and the saw should start up in a pull or two.

Also make sure you fill the bar oil every time you fill the gas!

5.0 out of 5 stars bingo, December 7, 2011
I hit the nail on the head in buying this saw.I read the hard to start in the reviews and as I thought, the people that had starting problems would be happy if they would go find out how to properly start a chainsaw at the authorized chainsaw shop.This saw is perfact in size and power for limbing and cutting trees 6 or 8 inch. I have cut up a 12 in tree with this saw but I like to use a larger saw for trees larger than 8 inch.It will cut larger trees if you don't work it to hard but I wouldn't recomend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the saw to buy!, April 12, 2013
Earle Bubar (Northern Maine) - See all my reviews
I recently left a review on here for a new Model 240 that works nice and is a great homeowners saw. I recently had a chance to compare both this 435 and a new 445 saw against the 240. After using them I have to say the 435 is basically the old model 340 and if you look only at the specs this is only 2cc larger than the 240 saw................. well let me tell you there is more difference than that in your hands. My wife paid $240 for the model 240 and the 435 is on here at the moment for $250................ this is a no brainer just buy the 435 it really did everything the 445 did and for some reason the 445 isnt as much more saw than the 435 was as I would have thought but the 435 is well worth the small extra it costs over the 240! So in this case the numbers dont tell the whole story the 435 has considerable more low in torque than the 240 does and will keep on cutting when the 240 wont so for the small amount of extra money your comparing [$25-40] the 435 is the best bang for the buck in a Husky as far as I could see.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, December 14, 2010
First day out of the box and about 20 minutes into cutting and it started to sputter and stall, eventually would not run. Next day same thing all over again. Seemed to lack power for it's size as well. My prior experience several years ago with Husqvarna was very positive. Since I purchased this chainsaw I have heard of the identical experience from mulitple sources. My impression is that they are not what they once were. I plan on buying a Stihl. If you do decide to purchase this chainsaw I highly recommendd that you do so from a shop that also does service/repairs. Mine may just need a simple adjustment but I purchased it from a large chain hardware store and it will not be a simple process.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chainsaw exceeded my high expectations, May 13, 2013
The saw starts easily and preformed well with no adjustments to the way it was delivered. Small changes to the design make it a more customer frindly saw. The change of the location of the chain tension adjustment is a great improvement.

Rate and Discover Movies