Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

VINE VOICEon November 11, 2003
I already owned a 55 Rancher and the Husqvarna arborist chain saws, when I purchased this saw. It is a very powerful saw. The de-compression feature does make starting easier. It is a high quality saw with significant improvements over earlier models. The chain/bar tension control is much easier to adjust on my 18" 55. The 359 has a new metal chain guard (for safety when a chain jumps off of the bar). The metal guard has one drawback. I had a chain jump and it severly chaffed the chain (metal on metal) resulting in a damaged and therefore lost chain. The older design (with plastic) was less damaging to chains (but probably not as safe). Still like all Husqvarna saws, a reliable and powerful tool.
on August 21, 2005
The Husqvarna 359 was first chainsaw I learned to operate. While working for an outdoor and wilderness program, I used this saw exclusively (we had several of them).

The layout and ergonomics are good. Picking the saw up, it is well balanced and comfortable. I like the suspension on both the control handle and wrap around handle. The wrap around handle allows for many cutting angles and positions.

The 359 starts reliably. The decompression valve helps with this. Under the extremely heavy use of the outdoor program, these saws were sometimes running all day for days on end and I rarely had any mechanical problems. Overheating was never an issue. Even though the engine sometimes was incredibly hot, it ran smoothly and continuously.

Power is ample for forestry and professional applications. After using a similar Stihl model (440), I discovered how I like the positive response of the Husky's clutch. The single cylinder engine has loads of torque. Even in the middle of some very large trees, this saw would not quit under load.

Unless this is simply more saw than you need for your application, I recommend it. For tree work professionals looking for a good felling and limbing saw, this fits the bill.
on September 8, 2005
Great saw, but buy from your local Husky dealer. If you have any problems you will be very happy you did.
on June 6, 2013
I have owned my 359 for 10 years and it has proven itself to be a very dependable and rugged saw. I use this saw extensively every year to cut firewood and I use approximately six cords of wood per year. The only maintenance I have had to perform on this saw in ten years is to replace the fuel line once. I have absolutely no complaints about this saw.
on April 5, 2011
Nice saw right out of the box, three pulls and saw was running. Have left saw idle for extended times with no problems. Plenty of power for a saw this size. I don't know what else to say, runs great, cuts great. After cutting with this saw for an hour or two stop and look around, you won't believe the amount of wood you have cut up!
on May 3, 2011
I've run quite a few chainsaws in the past, but this one blows the others away. I picked up an almost new one at a pawn shop for less than half the cost of a new one, and it has kept my back woods cleared and my fire place full. The bar and chain had to be replaced on it when I bought it. I'm not sure that the previous owner knew how to sharpen it, because it was very dull and had heated up to the point of warping the bar. Once they were swapped out it tore through oak like butter. Once in a while it is a little hard to start, but once it's going it delivers more power than I expected. The weight is amazingly light for the amount of power that it has. I can run this saw all day and not feel wore out before quitting time.
on December 21, 2006
I have had my 359 about a year and have used it little. It is now back at my dealers for the third time because it just will not keep running. The first time he found a hole in the fuel line. It dies both while idling and while cutting and then is hard to start. I am about ready to declare it a lemon and try to get a refund.