Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on June 1, 2008
Purchased husqvarna 137 saw to supplment my older stihl 018c with 16" bar. This particular saw is basically a poulan/ craftsman saw in a orange casing costing quite a bit more money. Perfotmance is average in tne low price class bar and chain setup is a 3/8" picco chain pitch (small 3/8) and has thinner .043 gauge bar instead of more typical poulan .050 bar thickness, engine is in 30-35 cc class. Nothing really makes this saw stand out in this class. So far this saw has been easy to start cold but vapour-locks when hot making restarts almost impossible, chain requires tools to adjust, the stihl 018/ms180 has no tool chain adjusting, just loosen bar with handwheel and tighten with thumbwheel. Cutting performance is good will cut logs up to 12" (softer woods) with relative ease (thicker gauge bar works better on harder woods) This saw is best used for brush clearing and limbing. Parts avaibility is a little spotty common wear items are sprokets/air filters and spark plugs, while just about any shop has these items for stihl husqvarna is a different story. I also own a husquvarna 460 24" chain saw which is made in sweeden this is a real husquvarna. On the lower price range (under 225.00) if you want a small lower priced gas chain saw and since husquvarna/electrolux and riobi now own most of the low price brands the same saw as thw 137 can be had as a poulan or craftsman for less money and are pretty much the same mechanically, or if want convient tooless chain adjustment with slightly more engine power and guaranteed parts availability for a few dollsrs more the stihl ms 180 is excellent choice.
on April 15, 2012
i had a few cheap bigger saws. more advertised power bigger bar etc. and some stihl saws. a friend that works for a tree service told me this was the saw to get. he was right. i often cut with people who are running bigger stihl and echo saws. i have yet to have anyone keep up with me. i always take spare sharp chains when i cut. i cut 30" hardwood trees often (yes 16" bar) and the friend that recommended it to me has fell a 59" tree with his. cons: i had to adjust the carb at first, but have had no trouble with it since. this saw needs to be used differently than most saws. with the 137 you bring the chain up to speed before contacting the wood and you dont just run the body against the wood (it doesnt even have bucking teeth and isnt designed to run that way). i grew up with stihl and i think they are great too but this 137 is my favorite saw. bottom line if it doesnt say stihl or Husqvarna its probably junk, and the 137 is a great little saw.
on December 6, 2011
I used to have a Husqvarna Rancher but it died after many years of use. I decided I didn't need such a large saw so I bought the Husqvarna 137. All I can say is this saw is not worth the money. It starts fairly easily but after a few cuts it chokes out and is impossible to start until it's cold. For the short amount of time it's running I have no problem downing 12 standing dead trees and cutting them to firewood length but I'm lucky if I can get 15 minutes of work out of the saw for every hour in the forest.

I'm now looking at Stihl or another brand as this Husqy has given me a really bad experience.