Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "HyLoft 00720 36- by 36-Inch Overhead Storage Syste...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 60% off the $79.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
- Working on a home project? Need some help? Check out Amazon Home Services and get a $20 Amazon Gift Card when you book your first service. Learn more
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $8.99 shipping
HyLoft 00720 36- by 36-Inch Overhead Storage System, White
|Price:||$46.43 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$33.56 (42%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Overhead storage system
- For use in mudrooms, laundry rooms, basements, and garages
- Easy to install, and is height adjustable from 16- to 28-inches
- Stores large and odd shaped items not ideal for cabinets
- Steel construction with scratch-resistant finish; 36-by-36 inches
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The HyLoft Jr 36-by36-inch unit is made of strong, durable steel with a scratch resistant finish, and each unit holds up to 150 pounds. The height is adjustable from 16 to 28 inches so you can custom fit it to a variety of spaces, and multiple units can be connected to create a contiguous storage area. The open grate design allows you to see what's stored above. Installation is simple-you can do it by yourself in about 15 minutes. Lifetime warranty.--Josh Dettweiler
What's in the Box
Storage system, mounting hardware
Package Quantity: 1 | Style Name: White
Top Customer Reviews
1. Installing the top bracket is more difficult since instead of installing a small bracket you have the bracket and the rod which are one piece now. Getting the first screw in is hard with the rod that keeps floating around as you turn the screw.
2. The square tube steal frame rods are not tubes but U rods instead, which make the whole loft less able to hold a load. They could greatly increase the rod strength by welding even a small steal plate in the center of the rod since this is the weakest point. Looks like the old design was a mini version of the full sized but this new model is not and will not handle half the load.
3. The Jr when fully extended drops lower than the full sized by about an inch or so. This is annoying since I have a full sized and a Jr side by side and they do not line up. Seems like this would be an easy thing for the manufacturer to do and something they would have thought about since they seem to be a pretty detail oriented company.
Overall a good product but not for really heavy loads its rated at 150 lbs which seems accurate. Its a shame since this could be made to handle twice the load, I bet the old Jr design could have done that. I am sure they changed it to save money but I would have paid $5 or $10 more just to have the heavy duty design. Since the old design was literally a mini full sized unit that was more what I was expecting. Maybe they could release a Heavy Duty version of the Jr. I would buy it.
When designning the layout and area where you want to install this, know where the ceiling beams (studs) are. Don't assume all the beams are the same length. While the beams are 2ft apart, some extended from the wall in different length, some were horizontal and some were vertical. In my case, the beams at the corner of the ceiling "fanned" out in a square". Moving further from the wall they were horizontal and went across the entire ceiling. The direction of the beam (north south vs east west) will dictate the direction of the shelving.
Bottom line is make sure the beams accomodate the design layout you are trying to achieve. And lastly, due to not knowing this earlier on, the installation took much longer than anticipated. As I had to relocate them to a different part of the garage ceiling. Tip: Drill in the (2) ceiling bolts ONLY when you have all the hangers as you like them and test fit the shelves and clearance. This was one thing I did correctly, otherwise it would have been a nightmare to relocate to a different spot. I also used screws rather than the provided nails to "loose" fit the hangers. It was much easier to install and in my case uninstall.
By the way, I got the 36" system and with 24" beams you think multiple shelves would fit next to each other in a continuos piece. they do not, there is about a 4"-6" gap. So I may have considered the 45" system if I had known that ahead of time.
As for the product it is OK. It is your standard shelving. The hangers are a little wabbly but will hold.
The first unit is going to the hardest to put up. Afterwords, the rest of the units go up fairly quickly because you know what you're doing and you get used to working on the ceiling.
Everything doesn't have to be perfect aligned and it can still be put together.
I think the toughest part of the install was finding the two studs within the allowed distance 24"~36".
Just like other reviewer has mentioned, the rack will wobble in one direction. It isn't really an issue though.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Just finished hanging this rack in my attic. I plan on storing rugs on it. It is a good strong unit. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Denise L. Keefe
Was looking for a way to store our rooftop carrier overhead in our garage to provide more floorspace.. This unit served this purpose perfectly. Fairly easy to install. Read morePublished 2 months ago by kessleda
The overhead storage units purchased met my expectations. However, when I contacted HyLoft to request purchase of additional parts to add an additional shelf they declined.Published 15 months ago by mike hampton