5.0 out of 5 stars Dang Bliggity Blang Awesome
Okay that title is a bit much. But this lamp makes me happy. At only 125 watts, I finally have something that works, unlike those lights which call themselves the sun then fail to make my plants want to do anything other than shrivel up and die.

It turns out that, for me, I can't use just LEDs and had to supplement them with 100-watt equivalent flouros I'd...
Published on May 14, 2011 by John Allen Browning

3.0 out of 5 stars 4 months later
4 months into using this product
The price is still right compared to other higher end similar products.
The housing does not reflect much light outward to the sides.
The bulb it came with seems to be beginning to separate the lower tubes appear to be pointing downward at about 10-15 degrees and the top half of tubes have simply stopped working. its been on...
Published on May 27, 2012 by Ray

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 422 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't be beat for the price!, July 26, 2013
This review is from: Hydrofarm FLCDG125D Fluorowing Compact Fluorescent System (Lawn & Patio)
I've had this light burning not stop for the past 5-6 months and it is still as bright as ever. I decided to write my review after returning to buy a SECOND Hydrofarm 125W to fill out the other half of my grow tent. Yes it is a little small but when used in the proper amount of space (especially a grow tent or near reflective walls) this light get the job done. For a first time grower or someone wanting to find a cheap solution to supplement light on their plants this is a great buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars ordered two of theses..., July 11, 2012
These lights are bright! i just got two of them,it would have been 5 stars,but one of the bulbs was damaged on one,but,i contacted amazon and i already have a new one on its way,if you do decide to order these try to make it seperate shipping because my order was all lumped together in a big box so it was just rattling around in there....it might cost more to seperate it but WELL worth it if you dont like dealing with "customer service"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, May 22, 2012
Perfect light for seedlings, lettuce, and other plants of similar size. Great price for what you get. If you were to purchase the bulb and a bare socket set, it would cost more than the price of this unit. Best coverage inside a 2x2 ft area. My bulb arrived intact, but despite careful packaging, I can see how it could break in shipping due to its fragile nature.

5.0 out of 5 stars best bang for your buck. bright light with no heat!, May 26, 2011
just like is says above. it does the job with a bright light and no heat and the price is the best i have seen

4.0 out of 5 stars Helps Plants With High Light Requirements Thrive, December 8, 2012
MyBeesWax "A Music Fan" (The Heart of the Golden State) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I use this grow light for growing basil this winter season. I had never used a grow light before and was pleasantly surprised that it actually works very well.

My 10 basil plants, which I started from cuttings I made from basil I bought from the supermarket, are thriving with 8 hours a day under this grow light. They are very prolific and provide me with roughly two cups of basil leaves (loosely packed) every 3-4 weeks. The basil leaves are dark green and very pungent. I have already made two batches of really yummy pesto sauce from this homegrown basil.

The grow light measures 18" x 10" x 3-1/2". It provides sufficient illumination for roughly a 3' x 3' area for plants with very high light requirements (e.g. basil and tomatoes). For maximum efficiency, you might want to consider using the grow light in a Grow Tent. You can make your own by lining the walls of your grow space with mylar (I use Mylar Blankets). I have also hooked this light up to an Intermatic Timer, so the grow light turns on and turns off at preset times of the day.

I'm so stoked about the results I'm even feeling a bit adventuresome. I plan on trying my hand at (i) growing some cherry tomatoes as well as (ii) building my own hydroponics system. We'll see how that goes...

Now, on to what I dislike about this grow light. (1) It doesn't have an on-off switch (Not a big problem since I'm using the Intermatic Timer, which turns the light on/off automatically. The timer also has an on-off switch, so I can manually turn the light on or off). (2) The light socket sags under the weight of the fluorescent light. As a result, the fluorescent light slopes downward and reduces the vertical clearance. (In other respects, the build quality is really quite good.)

---
The Bottom Line: Despite a couple of drawbacks, this grow light works very well, even for plants with very high light requirements.

5.0 out of 5 stars 125 watt flouro, February 19, 2011
Great light i am using this to veg my plants and they are looking awesome. I can put this light within inches of my plants. Shipped fast, packed great, I was worried that the bulb might brake during shipping, but I was wrong. Light was in cherry condition. The hood gets hot, but with a fan blowing on the reflector it stays cool. I can put my finger on the 125 watt bulb and it doesn't burn. The only downfall is that it needs to hang which could also be a positive thing depends on what your want. I am trying to bust our my inner Ma-giver to rig a stand to this. HOPE THIS HELPS, OH WELL, THAT'S ALL FOLKS

5.0 out of 5 stars Well packaged and built, August 24, 2013
First of all, 125W is really ridiculously bright for a CFC. I use this for small seedling gardens and the plants just shoot up.

Good:
-Really bright
-The bulb was packaged well and arrived working in one piece!

Bad:
-Kind of heavy
-No place to mount a fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Price is right for what you get, December 24, 2012
Plants respond well, lots of light. Great for a 2x2 or 2x3 foot area. Genovese basil is growing like a champ under it. I would buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars great light over all, November 21, 2012
the light works as described. very bright. about three months into usage now and i can attest as someone did before me that the bulb is now angled slightly downward and the upper tubes have stopped working... i've been on a 24hr light schedule and i dont know if that has anything to do with it. very little heat build up which is a plus. plant look great. lotsa green foliage;)

5.0 out of 5 stars My Review on Hydrofarm 125W cfl light system with dew guard, October 15, 2012
I ordered this on Oct 10th,got it the 15th.Perfect for starting seedings & vegging stage of plants.Working very well & bright,I'm using two currantly in a 24x48 area with very low temps inside the grow area.Great product overall I would recommend this too anyone on a budget.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 422 | Next ›