Hydrofarm MT10006 9-by-19-1/2-Inch Seedling Heat Mat
|Price:||$24.47 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$0.48 (2%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Seedling heat mat is the new, stronger heating wire and thicker multi-layer construction
- Increases success of seedlings and cuttings
- Light, watering and planting information on mat
- Warms root area 10-20 degree fahrenheit over ambient temperature to improve germination
- Waterproof construction; 6-foot power cord
- Seedling heat mat for better veggie, herb, and flower seed germination
- Warms root area 10 to 20 degrees over ambient temperature
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: 9 inches x 19.5 inches
From the Manufacturer
Hydrofarm - Tools for growing
Hydrofarm is the nation’s oldest wholesaler and leading manufacturer of hydroponics equipment and high-intensity grow lights.
Our products incorporate only premium quality components, and our professional-grade hydroponics and UL-listed lighting fixtures give you years of dependable service.
Hydrofarm Seedling Heat Mats
Bottom heat is one of the most important and effective ways to improve germination and rooting. The seedling heat mats have been re-engineered for better performance and greater durability! The new, stronger heating wire and thicker multi-layer construction offer more uniform heating and the durability to withstand rugged greenhouse environments.
- Available in a variety of sizes to fit your needs
- Increases success of seedlings and cuttings
- Warms root area 10-20˚F over ambient temperature to improve germination
- Lighting, watering, and planting information printed on mat
- Waterproof construction
- 6 foot power cord
- The only UL-listed seedling heat mats on the market!
- 50% thicker construction
Hydrofarm Heat Mats Work Great for Many Things
Hydrofarm heat mats are perfect for veteran growers, beginners, and children too. They improves germination by warming the root area 10-20°F over ambient temperature. By warming the roots, you increase your growing success!
Heat mats are not just for gardening anymore! They are very useful for providing consistent, controllable heating for other hobbies, including homebrewing. Hydrofarm heat mats allow you to maintain desired fermentation temperatures in carboys, especially when used with the Jump Start Heat Mat Thermostat MTPRTC.
Another application for Hydrofarm heat mats is heating for pet enclosures and terrariums, such as those used in reptile, rodent and arachnid keeping. When used with the Jump Start Heat Mat Thermostat MTPRTC, heat mats can be controlled to provide the precise level of warmth your pets require to flourish.
Top Customer Reviews
A few things some people would like to know:
- These are set it and forget it thermostats. You put in the maximum temp (i.e, 90 or 92) degrees and this thermostat will automatically kick on if the temp gets 2 degrees less (88 or 90 degrees respectively). This means you are not going to get too much variation in the warm spot hide which is a great thing but you CAN NOT change this variance. I don't see a real reason you need to though.
- The probe cables are perfect length and since they are designed for soil applications, they can be buried in substrate. They also have a suction cup if you need to monitor ambient air instead.
- TIP: Though some people say you should bury the probe and it should make have DIRECT contact with the UTH, I tried this out and I didn't like it. I am more concerned with the overall micro-climate in the hide or on the surface of the substrate so I just let it lay level with the substrate. That way, if the snake is colder than usual, they will coil in the hide and will give the thermostats a reading that is cooler than the actual temperature. This means the UTH will kick on a little longer than normal and warm the snake back up to a nice temperature.
- These thermostats are very heavy duty and can handle a large electrical load (1000 watts). Since most undertank heaters are 24 watts or less, you can definitely use this stat with multiple tank heaters. It has a three-prong connector on it and heavy-duty power cords/connectors.Read more ›
Connect the Heat Mat monitor's power cord into the wall, then connect the seedling heat mat's power cord into the monitor.
To set the degrees is very easy. Hold down the button "SET" until the numbers are blinking. Then using the up and down arrows, set the desired temperature then press the "SET" button again to stop the blinking. Also press down the "UP" button for 6 seconds for readings in Fahrenheit or hold down the "DOWN" button for 6 seconds for readings in Celsius.
There is a little wire with a plastic white tip that hangs from the monitor.
Push the white part into the soil for temperature reading.(Once temperature is set, do not be alarmed when your heat mat reaches its maximum temperature you set it to then the Heat Mat monitor temperature will go up and down 3 degrees to prevent over heating)
This is very helpful for starting seeds.
It didn't get too hot and I was able to keep it right on my countertop. My only problem was I should have had a light to put over my seedlings once they sprouted. It's very easy to use as you just plug it in and put your tray on top. The instructions are even written right on the mat itself.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The product performs it's duty, I believe i purchased 3 of them, one of which had a display issue. It wouldn't show the current temperature correctly some of the lights just... Read morePublished 1 hour ago by Peter
This is an excellent thermostat for the price. I have very little to no issues with temperature fluctuation.Published 5 hours ago by Michelle
Great little heating tray here. Does the job well. Keeps everything warm and toasty, the way it should be for your seedlings or clones to grow.Published 15 hours ago by Amazon Customer
I've used this heavily over the last year and have had great success. You can fit two trays on it. It's durable and quality. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Ryan S.
Works as stated. Turns on at about 3 degrees below set them and shuts off at about 3 degrees above set temp.Published 1 day ago by KenD
I have had this item for a month. I am 6 days past the return date and the item will no longer turns my heat mat on. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Rose V.
Was exactly what I was expecting but shipping took a little longer than expected.Published 4 days ago by Joseph Lazenby