Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 3, 2010
Thank you God for this. I am a african american woman who tends to get really severe boils under and around my large breasts and arms for the last 5 years. I go to the hospital like 5 times a year because they become so big. I just had to take a week off of work because I couldnt stand up straight and it would not come to a head so I had to go to the emergency room because I had a fever too. I HAVE BEEN TO MANY DOCTORS, DERMOTOLOGISTS, AND SPECIALISTS OVER THE YEARS and NONE have ever prescribed this product to me. I was presribed hibeclens which I use in the shower and countless antibiotics but they never help. The boils continue to reoccur. The doctors can not tell my why and I tested negative for MRSA or Staph infection. Anyway, this time I actually told a co-worker who badgered me until I told her what was wrong. She told me to pick up some prid and that I will not regret it. I went to Walmart and picked one up for less than $5. Fastforward a week later and I have combated 3 of those suckers within 24 hours of them feeling hard!!!! HOOOORRAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! Can this really be true? It is NOT PAINFUL! Follow the instructions. WHY HAVE THE DOCTORS NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT THIS?! I feel like I have been given a gift. This is a must have and I had to share my experience with you. THIS STUFF WORKS
3434 comments| 460 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2015
Works great. I get what is called "blind acne" it a cyst that has no head. They are very deep and if you try pooping them it leads to scaring. When one comes up at night I put this on. In no time the swelling and redness are gone and sometime the whole thing disappears over night. I definitely recommend this product.
on November 12, 2013
I bought this stuff a few years ago for an infected in-grown toenail my son had. Nothing was working. My husband said "You need a drawing salve." Huh? I looked on Amazon and found Smile's Prid Drawing Salve. This stuff is amazing! No doctors tell you about drawing salves. This works on any kind of infection and is absolutely amazing.
on March 17, 2014
Most amazing thing ever!

I had a boil on my butt that became so painful that i could not sit or walk. Got PRID and thought i would give it a shot. I was in so much pain, i was willing to try anything.

When i got it, i cleaned the boil and put a very generous amount on. I also put some on a gaze pad and put it on the boil and taped it on. For about 30 minutes my pain was minimum, then it started coming back, so i went to bed. When i woke up, i felt very little to no pain. Then i noticed things were stinky, so i took off the bandage. THE BOIL BUSTED OVER NIGHT! I was so relieved. I cleaned it and repeated what i did the night before. After 4 hours the boil was next to gone.

It's still draining, but i have no pain what so ever. This stuff is amazing!
VINE VOICEon May 25, 2011
Have used it on a small splinter and on fire ant bites. Drawing salve is a must-have in any first aid kit, and the PRID version of it works great. Just not so sure you need to buy a six-pack, since once little can will probably last you for years.
on June 5, 2016
I've never had use for a drawing a salve until 3 days ago. Three days ago my body betrayed me in the worst possible way. I'm a woman and our bodies are complicated and after 4 babies often times disrespectful but it works. I'm thankful. But 3 days ago I developed a Bartholins Gland Cyst. I had never heard of such thing and wouldn't wish it my worst enemy. If you don't know what that is be grateful. If you have experience with one then you have my sympathies. I have never felt pain so intense. It was horrific. Not even 4 caesareans. I tried everything and I just when I was considering a sex change I limped over to this on Walmart. It was the last one and I said why not. I didn't even know if it was made for the purpose I needed it for but by this point I didn't care. I hestitated using it because I was sure this didn't go where I needed to put it but late in the midnight hour I couldn't take it anymore. It burned like fire which still wasn't worst than what I was already experiencing and I fell asleep. When I woke up that morning the first thing I noticed is that I had been asleep and that I wasn't in pain. This stuff works. I would give it 10 stars if I could. I saved my life. I can remain a woman. My husband is thankful.
on December 8, 2014
An oldie but a goodie. I infrequently get boils on my inner thighs, most likely due to the fact that I smoke, have a bad diet, and sit on my ass and fix computers all day for a living. I had been fighting a losing battle for months with a boil in my trouble spot, using Epsom salt baths (which work wonders for achy joints), hot compresses, even lancing it from time to time out of desperation.

Finally, I consulted the great and powerful Google for some advice, and had come across several treatments available from Tumeric, to Garlic, to water cleansing, along with about 50 natural remedy ingredients. 13 of them can be found in Prid, which is most likely why it seems to work so well at drawing out pretty much anything that shouldn't be embedded in skin to begin with.

I had to use something sharp and sterile to dig it out of the tin, then spread it on a bandage and applied it to my trouble area, along with any other smaller trouble areas I could find while I was at it. It dulls the pain, and pulls out the offending infections a lot quicker and almost painlessly in comparison to just using hot compresses, salts, or poking and prodding your skin.

Needless to say, the higher to the surface of the skin your infection is, the quicker this stuff pulls it out. It took over a week to pull the junk out of my subcutaneous infection on my inner thigh, but I was really thinking I was going to have to go to the doctor over that one. The smaller, less deep trouble areas were gone either overnight or in a couple of days.

People wonder why doctors don't recommend this stuff, and my best guess is that if they did, they would lose out on all those antibiotic prescription sales and lancing procedures they get to sell. I'm also guessing that depending on the type of skin you have, it may not work quite as well, but it works great for mine.
on January 17, 2012
i had an open wound on the bottom of my foot for several days. couldn't figure out what it was. i put prid on it several times a day for about 4 days. lo and behold, i was changing the bandage one day and i saw something shiny sticking out of my foot. the prid salve actually helped draw the piece of glass out of my foot.
11 comment| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2016
I actually bought this over half a year ago when I was looking for solutions to cystic acne. The reviews made the product seem like a godsend and it was cheap too, so it was a no brainer for me. When I received it I didn't have any cystic acne to try it on so I left it on my drawer unopened, and forgot about it. Fast forward six months, I got a cystic acne bump on my chin a couple of days ago and it just would not come to a head. Out of exasperation, I applied a bit of PRID on to my chin last night before bed and left it there overnight. This morning, the bump had come to a head and was ripe. This has never happened before in all my experiences of cystic acne. I don't know what properties PRID has that makes it work so miraculously but if you have cystic acne that has trouble coming to the surface, you should definitely try PRID.

I took off one star because it did stain my duvet cover; the substance is dark brown, sticky and smells a little.
Next time I use it, I'll put a bandaid over it so it won't stain anything.
review image review image
on March 13, 2015
It seems to bring down some of the swelling of my cystic acne but the cystic pimples still run their normal course. My best friend suggested massaging the prid in then putting more on a bandaid, I feel like that helped the process along a little quicker.