Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on February 4, 2014
I am diagnosed with Panic Disorder so I have some experience with anxiety. If you name a pharmaceutical drug out there for anxiety, I've probably been on it at some point. Things I've tried in the past: the benzos (Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin, Valium, etc.), SSRIs (Zoloft and Paxil), BuSpar, Temazepam, etc. These worked. Unfortunately, you often build up a tolerance to the medication (hence my switching so often) or they're very addicting. Recently my doctor discovered we are having some problems with my liver. I have no doubt my decade-long drug use had something to do with that, so I am trying to get off all pharmaceutical drugs to relieve the stress on my liver.

I went to an organic shop and a woman recommended these tablets to me when I asked her what helps for nervousness and anxiety. I had never even heard the term "homeopathic" before and had to ask her what it meant.

When I got home, I read all the reviews on here, including the one written by the man who says none of these ingredients are drugs and this produces nothing more than a placebo effect. I figured oh well. If it doesn't work, at least I tried it. So I waited for the next time I was feeling anxious or stressed and took them. I'd had a poor night's sleep the night before thanks to a barking dog and this always sets my anxiety off. I'd been feeling "off" all day and popped the two dissolvable tablets into my mouth. Within two hours I noticed I was no longer feeling bad. And this was after dealing with anxiety all day.

I've been on benzos. I know what something like Xanax feels like. I also know it works. So I know my way around anti-anxiety treatments. This does not produce that kind of effect. You won't feel "drugged." If you're thinking these tablets are going to get you high, think again. I simply noticed I was no longer anxious after dealing with a horrible day after taking them. It was almost just like a moment of clarity where you suddenly forget that you were feeling bad earlier.

I took the tablets once more under similar circumstances and had the same results. I can only assume they work. I know when I'm feeling well and when I'm not. And after dealing with Panic Disorder for years, I know a thing or two about anxiety. All I can say is that this worked for me. I have never taken it during an actual panic attack but to relieve my daily anxiety it has been effective. My advice? Just try it. I have no other experience with homeopathy and have done no research on this topic but I know my body and I know when I'm feeling good and when I'm not. And after taking drugs like Xanax, I doubt I'd be susceptible to much of a placebo effect since half the time I had to take more Xanax than I was prescribed to get relief from my anxiety. I'm thankful for my trip to the organic store and I'm sure my liver is thanking me.
0Comment29 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2009
I have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety ever since my hysterectomy. Only a few products really help. This is one of them! I will never be without Nerve Tonic, in fact, I keep a bottle in my vehicle just in case I need it since it works in less than 10 minutes. Thanks Hylands!
0Comment39 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2012
Before you start on any other medications, try this product it helps with occasion panic attacks and stress. If you feel yourself starting to lose it, just take some and you WILL calm down..... Doctors should prescribe this stuff because it's amazing!! It even helps my husbands, he is shocked that it worked!
0Comment29 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2014
Hello all, I suffer from clinical depression, generalized anxiety disorder, panic attacks, seasonal affective disorder, and ocd. I have been hospitalized and put on all kinds of prescription drugs which I eventually stopped taking because they turned me into a zombie. So, for about 4 years, I was not taking any drugs and feeling my depression and anxiety taking control of me to the point where I was scared of being hospitalized. I went to this all natural health food store looking for GABA, but instead found these Nerve Tonic dissolving tablets by Hyland's. So, I bought them and started my first dose right away, in the car before leaving the store, actually. I noticed that I was feeling better that night before going to sleep. I took another dose right before bedtime and I have to say that was the calmest I have been in a very long time! They help me fall asleep and stay asleep. I was surprised that they work! It is a mild effect, which is great because I don't like feeling drugged at all. These simply make you feel at ease, no other side effects. Please try them if you want to calm down.
on July 30, 2010
For me this works better than Hyland's Forte Calm to help me relax & go to sleep.
66 comments27 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2013
I've been anxious for months and couldn't get relief from prescription meds. I waa miserable and to the point I thought there was no hope. At drug store one day looking for something that may provide some relief. I felt betting after first dose! Thought maybe it was a fluke or a placebo affect.

That was a couple of months ago and I still get massive relief from Nerve Tonic. I've had 3 life impacting experiences during this time and have been able to get thru it much better than I would have 3 months ago. I'm not at all against pharmaceuticals and have taken various meds for depression and anxiety. Unfortunately it's a genetic problem my family suffers from. So I've never been embarrassed by taking meds to help. I am a VP in my company and I just want to function "normally". I work in health care and again believe that if something helps then take it.

Problem is nothing was helping until I bought this product. It may not work for everyone but it has changed how i function in my world. I am sold on this product!

I paid $6 for 32 pills at the drug store so this is a great deal!
on January 12, 2009
I have a nervous condition and Hylands Nerve Tonic really helps without nasty drug side effects.
0Comment24 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 1, 2013
I would recommend this product to anyone that needs a little help with relaxing..Works quickly with no after effect. Good price.
on May 8, 2013
I had sinus/ear issues for about a month, and was dealing with alot of built up work related stress as well. In addition, some of the meds I was prescribed for my sinus/ear issue(Prednisone 6 day dose / Sudafed PE) caused sudden/severe anxiety. It is something I have never dealt with before & it was very scary as I didn't understand what was happening to me and why. This is how bad it got: I had a hospital bag packed and ready, just in case I needed to be rushed to emergency. I called my Dr. and she perscribed Buspar for anxiety. I took 1 Buspar pill on a particularly bad night, but I didn't want to start taking anxiety meds - i just wanted to be myself again. I came across Hyland's Nerve Tonic and decided to give it a try. THANK GOODNESS I DID. It wasn't all easy going from there, but I must say -these little pills have helped me get back to myself again - without the heavy anxiety perscription meds. I started with 2 pills - 3 times a day...and now I just take them as needed. Im amazed and grateful...and feeling almost like the old me again.
0Comment18 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2011
I'm a teacher, wife, and mother of four young children- sometimes my nerves need a little help. I take a few of these and maybe it's a placebo affect but these help me.