Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Color: Black|Change

on June 3, 2014
 Hey guys! Just got this headset and wanted to do a video review. I used OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) to record this review. Hope you guys enjoy :) If you have trouble seeing this video review, click on the title to view it!
4343 comments|682 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2014
I read so many reviews based on specs and stats and blah blah. For me as a live streamer on Twitch.tv I need two things for long gaming sessions headset wise: Comfort and Quality.

These are by far the most comfortable headset I have ever worn. The design is sleek and it is WELL made. Most headsets nowadays come with leatherette ear cups and I CAN'T STAND IT. So I was happy to see the HyperX Cloud had replaceable Velour Ear Cushions. (the cloth ones) That was a huge plus for me.

The soft leather band on the headset makes your skull feel like you are in HEAVEN. Too many headset makers don't care much for the pressure a headset puts on your noggin. HyperX does. I have had these 2 months prior to the recent release and not one sign of wear, and trust me I have a HUGE head.

Now for sound. 53MM Drivers. This is better then most out there. And it is obvious in the sound. I play World of Warcraft and other MMO's, and let me tell you the sounds I can now hear that I couldn't before. The sound is so much clearer you wonder how the hell you tolerated your previous headset.

The Aluminum build gives the Cloud a great shape and shows that HyperX cares about the longevity of their products.

If you want comfort and quality sound this is your headset. And at $99? Yeah it's worth it.
1010 comments|355 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2015
amazing headphones. great sound and awesome bass. super comfortable faux lather feel on cups and head bad. quality construction. blown away by the quality. they feel solid and great on your head. comes with a plethora of attachments. detachable mic, airplane adapter, standard extension cable. cable with control box for mute and volume control, also doubles as extension cable. and a 2-1 cable to combine the sound and voice channel. also comes with extra cup pad made of velour. they seem soft. cant comment on sound as the preinstalled ones are perfect.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
22 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2014
So I thought it was worth writing a review on the headset because I think this headset needs more attention than it gets. It usually takes new products some time, but I like these so much that I'm actually writing my first review on any product on any website, ever.

I've owned a few different headsets over the years and I think by far this has been the most comfortable headset I've owned yet. I've gone through the Razer Carcharias, the Steelseries Siberia V2's in heat orange, and the Logitech g430's all in the last year or so (except for the Carcharias, which I've had for slightly longer). In this review, I plan on comparing my experience with all of my other headsets. If you'd just like to read about my experience with the HyperX Cloud, scroll to the bottom.

My first gaming headset were my Carcharias. They weren't terribly uncomfortable, but the fabric always caught on my ear. Most of the time, I would wear the ear piece on my cheek. The sound quality and microphone were garbage, though. They felt very cheaply made and honestly, I regretted getting them immediately after receiving them in the mail, but I was too unmotivated to want to return them. I ended up giving them away to make way for headset #2, my Siberias.

The least comfortable headset I've owned so far have been the Steelseries Siberias. I have numerous cartilage piercings on my ears which are VERY temperamental and I've historically looked at certain headsets based largely on how they will affect my piercings. I got my Siberias at PAX Prime last year and at first glance they seemed like what I wanted -- they had USB surround sound cheaper than Astros, cool lighting, relatively comfortable, etc. However, I never anticipated how horribly uncomfortable they would be. My cartilage literally would swell from all of the crushing on my ears and cause my ears to weep pus (gross I know). I wore them because I had given away my alternative and after time, my ear situation got progressively worse. My earrings literally got embedded into my ears from the swelling and I had to go to the piercing shop to get the jewelry removed by a professional. I ended up selling those to my brother because he thought they were cool looking, but I almost feel guilty. Sounds great, looks cool, feels terrible.

The g430's were an improvement from the Siberias in terms of comfort. However, the mic is not nearly as good and the sound quality is OKAY. I wasn't so much of a fan of the mesh ear pieces. They didn't come with much and they felt flimsy, but not as flimsy as the Carcharias. I've actually had a lot of problems with the mic on these.

I've had my HyperX Cloud headset for over a month now and it has been a godsend. Seriously. I have minimal discomfort from wearing them for 6+ hours w/ gunnars and they sound so good. I can comfortably wear them with all of my piercings without any issues. When I got the box, it screamed quality. I actually ended up keeping the box because I liked the packaging so much. The leather is soft and buttery and the aluminum construction is excellent. I actually dropped them, detaching the earcup from the headband, and they popped right back together without issue. 2 things I'd really like to highlight is the sound quality from the ear pieces as well as the microphone. I didn't expect them to be so noise cancelling. So much so, that when at LAN parties, I have to wear one ear cup on my cheek because I can't hear my friends sitting next to me. I've heard that people do not like the mic, but I seriously don't understand why. I owned a Blue Ball for podcasts and they sound about equal (blueball picks up a bit of background noise, even with special conditions). It's not like studio-quality, but I'll be damned if it's not the best gaming headset mic I've owned.

The best part about these headphones is the price. They are probably the best bang-for-your-buck headset out there. I'm not even going to rattle on about this. Just get them, trust me.

My only gripe is that they do not have swiveling ear cups, but it's really not a huge deal. I prefer the swiveling ear cups so it's easier for me to keep one ear off.

tl;dr
Pros:
Pretty noise-cancelling
Good, detachable mic
Super comfy
Comes with velour ear cups, adapters, and stuff
Stupidly good price

Cons:
No swiveling ear cups
11 comment|139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2014
As an audiophile of well over a decade, I'm quite used to high end Sennheisers and studio grade Koss phones, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Knowing HyperX is a sister to Kingston I took the gamble based on the incredible price and the seemingly pleasing aesthetics. I also liked the detachable microphone as I use my pre-amp and voiceover equipment for my recording device(s).

Imagine my delight in seeing an incredibly solid piece of hardware with two sets of interchangeable ear cups; either faux leather or soft fabric, coupled with lightweight but extremely strong aluminum throughout the unit. It's got 53mm hifi capable drivers with 15-25khz frequency response power which is unorthodox for a price this good. I went with the black one as the white model seemed to be the type to become a storm of dust, followed by an entirely different colour than the original.

What can I say, I've been using 300-500 dollar headphones for years and for the first time I truly feel like I made a guilty little discovery that caused me some very unexpected joy. Go Kingston!
88 comments|99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2014
The headphones are super comfortable and sound great. The most comfortable headphones I've ever used in fact. Haven't tested the mic too much yet, but even without that, I'm happy with it and the price is worth it for good headphones. It comes in a super fancy box with all the cables and accessories you could possibly need including alternate fabric ear cushions. I wanted to write this to tell of my awesome experience with Kingston. I couldn't figure out how replace the ear cushions, and couldn't find any manual on how to do it. (It's actually pretty simple, you just have to pinch the foam part and then gently pull till it comes off.) I wrote Kingston asking for instructions on how to do that. They did, with pictures the guy took himself of him doing it so I could follow along. But I ended up ripping mine figuring out how to put it back on (which is much more difficult. I asked if I could order replacement cushions and they offered to send me some free of charge. Now that's customer service!
22 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2014
Like a fleshlight for your ears.
on December 31, 2014
As far as budget headsets go, the HyperX Cloud (HXC) is hands down the best headset I own currently and will probably remain to be my go-to option on PS4.

For starters, this headset oozes high quality from the Apple-esque packaging / un-boxing to the sturdy build of the headset overall; not only that, but the leather used on the ear cups feels near-perfect on the ears when combined with its light weight form factor. This headset really does feel like a cloud, pun intended, wrapped around your head as it causes nearly no strain.

In comparison to my 2 other headsets, the Sony Gold Wireless and the Razer Kraken 7.1, the HXC managed to cause minimal strain/fatigue on my ears after a long session of 6+ hours playing Destiny and Battlefield 4. No lower jaw pressure was felt from the headset squeezing too hard either, as my Kraken 7.1 can do that sometimes and it's truly a pain.

That said, as the product claims this will be one of the most comfortable sets you have ever worn. I have a big head and Incan vouch for this claim personally. It may not be the same for everyone, but this outclasses my other two headsets in the comfort department by a wide margin.

Sound performance is astonishingly good seeing how it is powered through the Dualshock 4 controller via the headphone jack in the underside portion. Smooth bass, distinct clarity, and a spatial awareness that sounds to be more on than the Sony Golds or Kraken 7.1. The Krakens in particular drown you out with quoted volume and too much bass, with the HXC you are getting the best of both worlds as the bass is just right here; much akin to the Sony Golds but even better.

The inline volume controller works wonders as well, as the HXC does not have buttons on either ear cup, so you are left to use a little volume turner and a mute switch as well that works easily enough. This feature right here is a big one as the Sony Holds have an onboard mute button that comes in handy whereas the Kraken 7.1 have one on its digital boom mic, but due to a lack of firmware updates on Ps4 it shuts down chat functions altogether, thus requiring you to re-plug the USB back into your Ps4. So, in this regard, the HXC is better than the Kraken due to have a mute button that works and is comparable to the Sony Golds. The only trade off is that you are tethered to your controller due to the HXC not being a wireless set. No worries though as you are given ample cord slack, so there are not pull and tug issues going on.

To close this out, my biggest concern going into this purchase was that the HXC would not be loud enough. Other reviews had mentioned this and cited the game controller you plug this set into as being the culprit due to not powering them enough. I'll lay that to rest here, as the Dualshock 4 powers the HXC efficiently and the volume is more than loud enough.

This review was a little all over the place, but in closing I give the HXC my highest recommendation for a budget headset that doesn't suck and actually manages to convey a quality, both tangibly and aurally that is absent is other options at this price tier.

Kingston will most certainly be receiving my business when future iterations of this product are released if this i rial impression has any clout to go off of.

Pros:
* Excellent aluminum build, interchangeable leather ear cups with a cloth pair, and a premium feel that is noticeable all throughout the product.
* Nearly zero ear strain after 6+ hours of play
* Sound quality that outshines other options that I own
~This includes bass that is just right
*A microphone that is clear enough and audible by teammates on the PSN with no complaints thus far.
* Inline control for volume and muting others; this is fantastic as you won't have to use the PS4 dashboard to manually adjust the volume bars. Just leave the set at max volume within the PS4 and use the volume wheel from there on.

Cons:
* Not wireless - this is minor and does not bother me at all, but for some the excessive cord slack may be a mark against this set.
* Detachable microphone - concerns that this could bust at some point or get lost if utter carelessness befalls me.
* For very large heads this could still be a strain on your cranium, but take it from me, my dome is huge and this fits like a weightless glove.
on August 21, 2015
The headset itself is great. Audio quality is clear, and it is the most comfortable headset that I've ever owned. The ear cups do a good job of canceling noise out as well. The microphone works great also, however a plastic piece broke off of it, leaving an exposed wire and a shaky, unstable mic. Take a look at the attached picture if you want to see exactly what I'm talking about. I have contacted Kingston customer service asking them to replace the mic since this headset comes with a 2 year warranty and am currently waiting to hear back from them. I will update my review, and depending on how they handle this issue change my rating to either 1 or 5 stars.

Update: Kingston replaced the mic for free under warranty. They sent it with 2 day shipping and didn't even require me to send the broken part back. This was an example of great customer service and I can say that I am now very pleased overall with this purchase.
review image
on February 13, 2015
Plastic clip that holds together the removable mic fell out within 24 hrs of use. Contacted customer support and they immediately sent me a replacement. Good thing the mic is removable. It now works as intended.

My only complaint is the cable. Its too damn long, and touches the floor. I'm in constant danger of rolling over it with my chair. Not too big of an issue I suppose.

Sound quality is great. Mic sound quality is also good. Headphones themselvs feel nice and sturdy. More so than my Logitech G930s.
review image
44 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse