4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !
It just sits on the bedstand, and with the right software you can keep it lit very dimly all night. Use as a soft clock or such.

Published on February 29, 2012 by aceducy

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice dock, once you figure out how to use it!
Published on September 13, 2012 by Dependable 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !, February 29, 2012
This review is from: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy Note Dual Phone + Battery Dock (Compatible with At&t Samsung Galaxy Note i717, and international Galaxy Note Models N7000 and i9220). **Retail Packaging** (Wireless Phone Accessory)

The unit does indeed charge BOTH the phone and a battery at the same time at the normal rate. The trick is, you've GOT to use the wall wart that comes with it. A standard USB charger will not give enough power to charge both (or either), and the supplied charger will output the 1 full amp that this unit needs. I believe the USB spec for run of the mill chargers is 750ma, or 3/4 the power of this one. Now, if the Chinese engineers that designed this thing would have allowed full flow to just one side of the charger (either the phone or the external battery bay) using a standard 750ma charger, then this would have been a perfect unit. But it's really no big thing, just use the charger that comes with it and that's that. Using the supplied charger, you can charge one at a time or both at the same time with no problem. (Some wall outlets nowadays have built-in USB chargers that will NOT work with this device).

You learn pretty quick how to pop it in and out with just one hand. Build quality is surprisingly good. Solid, well built. The only thing it's missing is a separate status LED for the phone - the only LED on the unit (there's only one) just monitors the external batt charger, which works fine. But no LED status for the phone. Then again, the phone will tell you on the opening screen when it's being charged.

Samsung gladly added a mandatory battery-full alert to the latest version of Android OS, so when the battery tops off in the middle of the night it'll sound alarms and go to full bright, thus waking up you, the dog and possibly the War Dept. This was removed going from 2.2 to 2.3 to protect us from ourselves I'm sure. If you want to kill this stupid Samsung oversight, download "Battery Charged Silencer" from the market, then you can sleep all night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Note Docking Charger, January 31, 2012
Comes in a nice little box with 3 pieces:

Connector Data Cable
Wall adapter
Docking Station

All worked as they claimed and charged the phone fine with no issue. The back side as shown in the picture does have a placement spot for another battery if you are the type of user who needs multiples this seems like useful concept. Charges upright due to the connection point on the phone but stays sturdy and doesn't get wobbly and unstable which is nice for evenings on the dresser.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is intended to do., January 20, 2012
Shipping was good on this. It arrived a week before the expected date. Everything arrived just fine. The only thing that would make this better is if you could set the galaxy note in the cradle on its side while charging. I use my phone as an alarm and setting it on the side would have a better feel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Using it with US Samsung Galaxy Note, February 16, 2012
I've purchased and received this in preparation for my purchase of the Samsung Galaxy Note here in the US - AT&T branded. I am hoping that there were no design changes to the body that prevent it from working with this dock - I will provide an update on February 19th.

Update 1: Form factor. I was able to take this dock to Best Buy and they had a working Note available. I seated the Note with no problem into the dock, so my assumption about no change in the Note's US form factor from the non-Us one held true. On Sunday, I will report on functionality.

Update 2: Power. I plugged in the supplied power adapter, and the blue LED did come on, and the phone does charge. I tried it with a USB extender cable to connect the short USB to microUSB cable with the plug, but the dock treats this connection as a data connection. The phone does not power off completely to facilitate charging, and the charge is a trickle. I also tried it with just a regular extension cord and the result was the same. I'll try other configurations later this week - right now I have the phone directly plugged into the cable with nothing between.

Minor update - used the extension cord/Samsung USB power/dock combination after I fully charged the phone above, and it maintained a charge. I may look at the official dock since it has an AC adapter, but this will definitely do for now, especially when I travel, which is often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dock Station, February 12, 2012
Using a dock like this type is my personal preference rather than messing with having 10 batteries and a charger or even doubling the size of my phone with an extended battery. The Dock works as it should and does not inhibit any function of my phone so far and does in fact charge upright like the picture.

Also side note the slot is pretty thin and although I do not have an extended battery I am going to say this dock will not allow any thing to slide in and connect for a charge that is thicker than a case made of either soft or had rubber ( like tpu, or silicone ) due to the thin nature of the holster station for charge connection. Again I have not used it with one but really do not think it will fit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice dock, once you figure out how to use it!, September 13, 2012
I would have given this 4 stars, if it came with any instructions whatsoever. BUT IT DOESNT. I kept trying to charge my batteries thinking that the blue light meant it was charging. WRONG. Only after reading a helpful review did I learn that the charging pins didn't always line up, and that you needed to adjust the battery in the dock until the RED light comes on, which apparently indicates that the battery pins are lined up and it is indeed charging. I went for 2 weeks without a proper charge on my extra battery. Secondly, there should be an instruction that you must use the original wall wart in order to properly juice the dock. I got this right, but I can see where it could be an issue for some customers. Finally the marking on the back for the computer connection is tiny. I didn't even see it until I read a review that pointed it out. All these issues could have been addressed with 3 lines of instructions. Instead you have to read several reviews to learn how to operate the dock. It's a nice dock.... you just have to learn its quirks on your own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Now it my Samsung Note II, May 16, 2013
I initially ordered this unit for my Samsung Note and I got what I ordered. BUT it didn't fit my Note II, my fault.

Yet as I pondered my ineptitude, Hyperion wrote me an Email asking how I like the unit that I bought. Well I told them that I bought the wrong one, and they acknowledged that I should have bought the unit for the Note II. Now here's the good part. The sent me the correct unit and a return pre-paid label to send the old one ( my fault unit ) back.

I really like these guys at Hyperion....

3.0 out of 5 stars Has connectivity problems, April 9, 2012
You really need such a dock and a spare battery when you have a Samsung Galaxy Note. I bought this one from Amazon. It is working fine for charging my spare battery, but it has connectivity problems when charging my phone. It often stops and restarts charging and mostly I have to play with it to make it restart charging. So, not so good as a phone dock, but still you can use it as a charger for your spare battery and a second charger for your phone by connecting the charger cable directly to your phone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable, September 17, 2012
I purchased this docking station because as a prior Iphone owner, I was use to having one. I like this product a lot because it is compact and not too overwhelming on my night stand. There are only two downsides in my eyes:

1) It has an awful blue light that stays on all the time when plugged in...as a person that must sleep in a pitch black room, this is rather annoying.
2) I cannot put my Samsung Note on the dock with the case on it. Which drives me nuts to take it off and put in on all day long.

But overall I would recommend it and I do like it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Short cut, August 1, 2012
This product sucks, after just one month it has a shortcut and can not charge my batteries, the usb port is not making contact all the time, very cheap materials, all my other accesories are samsung and work just perfect, saving a few bucks for this generic accesories can go very wrong.