Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
Questions & Answers
Hyperkin RetroN 5 Retro Video Gaming System - Gray
by Hyperkin Inc
3.4 out of 5 stars (257)
$139.93
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 35 questions
votes
With the unit that I ordered in December 2014, it did seem a lot better than other previous Retron5 models. It does hold onto the cartridges a bit more than the original console, but it isn't to the point it worries me, like I have seen on other models. The tightest slot on my console is the Genesis, but it's not to the point where it's going to rip the pins out.
Jan 13, 2015 by Bryan Dugan
votes
They've been very good about patching games when they find out about compatibility issues. Nearly everything I have works. My first Retron 5 had faulty Nintendo pins, but they sent me a new one and it's been great since. They've actually expanded the functionality with the ability to use translation and Rom hack patches. As for the save data, I never ran into the the erasing data issue, but I had heard that they fixed that issue.
Jan 2, 2015 by Stephen Seals
votes
It does still have a deth grip on the game cards but the GBA port is just fine and I have not and any damage done to my game cards sofar as long as your not constantly puting them in and taking them out you should be ok
Mar 6, 2015 by Parker
vote
You must hold the power button in for about 5 seconds to power the device on, much like you would with many cell phones out there. If the device does not power on after holding the button in for more than 15 seconds, there is likely something wrong with the device, power cable, or outlet.
Aug 16, 2014 by Seig
vote
Hyperkin put a video up that shows how to remove the cartridge to overcome the 'death grip' they have on them. If you do as that video shows you'll be fine.
Feb 27, 2015 by Dave from Seattle
vote
Yes, (at least SNES) you can set the buttons up from the settings menu on the system. It's very easy to do. The only reason you wouldn't be able to use the regular NES is because it has too little amount of buttons, at least for GBA.
Feb 16, 2015 by Beezy
vote
When is it coming? May 12, 2014
welll it was supposed to come out in april so all i can say is that it is coming out this year
May 12, 2014 by Duncan
votes
It's under system settings from what I remeber. You can also insert a sd card and under system settings load your specific system info on to the card. Once you do that you'll be prompted to use a pc and and go to the hyperkin Website. There is software there that will auto down load the latest system update specific to your system. You can also find how to and help videos on you tube. GL!
Jun 2, 2015 by Jason Foster
votes
I don't know for certain but I think there were more gray made than black and I think that black is the more desirable color. I would have gone with the black but didn't want to spend the extra $$$.
Apr 26, 2015 by Daniel
votes
There is a workaround to play Roms right from an SD card that involves IPS patching. It's not hard to do and there are plenty of tutorials on the internet.
Mar 19, 2015 by Gena
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers