on May 7, 2012
Verified Purchase
The installation was real simple. Have noticed a 1-2 mph gain in my 2005 4.8 Silverado. Will pay for itself in the long run so i'm happy.
on May 29, 2013
Verified Purchase
To start with, let me say that I am a mileage "nut". I drive primarily for mileage, and learned from the best...my dad. Among the things he taught me was the habit of keeping track of every gallon of fuel I put into my vehicle and tracking the fuel mileage with (nearly) every tank. Back in the days of points/condenser ignition, that was the best way to know when it was time for a tune up. Nowadays, we go much further before needing any engine service, but it is still a good way to tell if something is wrong.

That said, pulling a 5th wheel trailer requires a lot of power, but I still drive to conserve as much as possible under those conditions. The promises made for this controller were focused on improving mileage while adding some power. I have only used the lower power setting, but I have definitely noticed the increase in available power. However, I maintain my standard driving style to keep getting the best mileage I can, and still have not seen a significant increase. Because I pull the 5th wheel about 8-10,000 miles each year, and only drive the truck about 5,000 miles solo, I waited for several months before writing this review. Also, sometimes it is difficult to get exact fuel mileage for towing/solo miles because I have done both on a single tank of fuel. However, after this much time (about 10,000 miles total), I can be fairly confident that my numbers are close to accurate. So here is the before/after comparison:

2001 Chevrolet Duramax with new injectors in early 2012
Solo driving:
Before - 19-20 mpg (18 mpg driving around L.A. for two weeks)
After - 19-21 mpg (18 mpg in L.A. as before)

Towing (GCW 22,000 lbs, which is the maximum rated GCW for my truck)
Before - 9 - 11 mpg
After - 9.5 - 11 mpg

When pulling the trailer over high, steep mountain passes, I actually get less mpg, but get to the top quicker so I'm still not terribly upset about having this, I just wish it would have given me a good solid 1-2 mpg (10%) increase.
on February 12, 2013
Verified Purchase
All it does is adjust the amount of air in causing your truck to run lean, 350 bucks for that? Go get a 30 dollar chip from any performance website to adjust your fuel air curve and you'll do the exact same thing.

Just another piece of junk from hypertech.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations