Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 1, 2006 5:12:04 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 1, 2006 5:34:10 AM PDT]

Posted on Mar 3, 2009 11:12:20 PM PST
Jeanne says:
some people seem to think everytime someone proclaims a faith in God or Christ they have to be a hypocrite. Not everyone is. I wish all could see that so that they might believe too.

Posted on Mar 4, 2009 4:41:20 AM PST
It's a Movie, you don't have to watch it if religion (or someone else's) bothers you, I myself am an Agnostic Jew (what a rarity) I could care less about the meaning of all of them, but I read about all of them.

Posted on Mar 6, 2009 6:42:24 AM PST
D. Brown says:
No doubt there are hypocrites. Christians, just like Moslems, Jews, Buddhists, etc. are doing the best they can. Some people think that because a religious person isn't perfect, their flaws make them hypocrites.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2009 9:07:31 PM PDT
G. Garner says:
If you have high standards, you will fall short of them upon occasion. I certainly prefer that to the alternative. If I recall correctly, even the Apostle Paul was plagued by a 'besetting' sin or temptation of some sort. But the people who are most prone to point out all the 'hypocrisy' are usually so inadequate that they really have no room to attack anyone else.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2009 1:02:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 5, 2009 1:04:42 PM PDT
JohnG says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 5, 2009 2:06:25 AM PDT
compsciguy says:
Some religious people are hyprocrites. Some non believers are hyprocites. Everyone makes mistakes.
Why bash someone for being human and error prone?

Posted on Jun 25, 2009 12:34:15 AM PDT
M. Nunez says:
We are humans beings, we're not perfect. By the way, are the Jews perfect? I don't think so

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 8:33:48 AM PDT
compsciguy says:
Everyone makes mistakes. Except Martha Stewart. She is the poser woman for perfection and idealism and utopian existence.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2009 12:54:18 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 22, 2009 12:54:51 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 30, 2009 3:00:38 PM PST
Padrina says:
We're ALL hypocrites, to some degree, which we realize if we're truly honest with ourselves. Unfortunately, it's simply part of the human condition. Cultivating a little personal humility will go a long way towards curing it, however! :-)

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 9:29:47 AM PST
lisarenee62 says:
We all sin and fall short, but I do not think that makes all Christians hypocrites. What makes you a hypocrite is living one life in front of others and professing to be Christ like, and living the life of the world and leave God out of it. Just my thoughts on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 11:50:35 PM PST
Anthony mays says:
@lisarenee62, I agree, and that's EXACTLY why people find Christians hypocritical because there are so many that are just like that. I would be here all day (make that all year) if I brought up all the preachers, priests, reverends and ministers that have been busted for doing ungodly things. there are ALOT of Christian hypocrites. that is a fact.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2013 9:11:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 2, 2013 9:35:30 AM PDT
Response to another post: Pull the sword from your heart and with an open mind give the word a chance to speak to you. Man throughout history has displayed incredible evils to each other, at times hiding behind religion. For some reason God is blamed for this. God is not a hypocrite. God tells us that of all things we should "love each other as we love ourselves" - Are we doing this when we offend believers about their beliefs?

Every human, with the exception of Jesus' time on Earth, is flawed and makes mistakes throughout their lives, myself included. Our Lord gives us free will and allows us to act on it. God was not part of the inquisition. - That was man. God was not part of the Holocaust. - Again, man. History shows humans love to dominate just about anything and anyone.

Many can't resist the siren song of pushing agendas - so convinced that THEY are right and others are just uneducated or unable to grasp their reality. These folks manage to score a place with some authority, whether it be in schools, business, politics, and yes, religion, so they can impose their agenda on others. None of this is God. All of it is human.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Aug 1, 2006
Latest post:  Jun 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Passion of the Christ [VHS]
The Passion of the Christ [VHS] by Jim Caviezel (VHS Tape)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (2,758)