4.0 out of 5 stars good movie based on true story
I Accuse is a film that started off rather shaky, and gradually won me over as I kept watching and paying more and more attention to the storyline.

Published on March 17, 2010 by B. E Jackson

3.0 out of 5 stars True Story
Published on June 12, 2007 by Deirdre L Fagan

3.0 out of 5 stars True Story, June 12, 2007
Deirdre L Fagan (a place where you get whacked) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Accuse (DVD)
Disturbing thing about this movie that its based on a true story and the real doctors name is Dr John Schneeberger from South Africa i believe. In real life he continuinly(sp.) raped his 15yr old stepdaughter with that same sedative he used on Estella Warren's character. Ofcourse they don't show that in the movie. Its a decent movie some scenes were a little overacted but still enjoyable.

4.0 out of 5 stars good movie based on true story, March 17, 2010
This review is from: I Accuse (DVD)

Now, Estella Warren is a great actress and a beautiful woman, but her acting skills are a bit off the mark at times. Just SOME of the time. I've seen her in other films however, and I believe her acting skills were an improvement in those ones. Despite that, for the most part she's right on the money in her role as a determined rape victim looking for revenge throughout the movie.

Actually acting improves all around after the first 15 minutes of film. The movie had trouble getting started thanks to the unacceptable acting skills in the beginning, but once the story heats up, you begin to figure out how the rape took place, and everything seems to click.

You really feel for Estella's character because NO ONE around town believes her when she tells them she was in fact raped. This was because the doctor who rapes her has a history of being a friendly family doctor. Eventually she got fed up with everyone and took action herself.

Going to the town cops for help initially didn't help, however over time the truth slowly unravels. The cops eventually believe her story as more unexplainable things start happening, so the cops then go to the doctor and do everything in their power to try and bring the guy down. However, the doctor has plenty of evil schemes up his sleeve (literally) that enable him to outsmart the cops and his rape victims.

Somewhat weak acting in the beginning, but a film that will certainly win you over by the end.

3.0 out of 5 stars Feels like a made for tv special, September 15, 2005
chicoer2003 "chicoer2003" (Fresno, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Accuse (DVD)
I Accuse is about a accusation of rape against a doctor by a patient. The movie suffers from an after school, lifetime movie of the week, which doesnt mean it was bad. It's just not that great, but it still manages to hold your attention. As far as Canadian films are concerned, I Accuse is not great.

3.0 out of 5 stars I Accuse, June 11, 2013
This review is from: I Accuse (DVD)
It had a good story to it, but there was very little nudity, which I expected. All in all, a good movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, November 17, 2014
Basil Kanavaros (Sydney, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
Great movie Thank You

I Accuse
I Accuse by John Ketcham (DVD - 2005)
$9.98 $7.99