Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Board book|Change

VINE VOICEon October 23, 2007
Between our daughter and son's enthusiasm for this book, it only held itself together for a few days. The book has thick, high quality paper for its pages, but the binding is simply too week. If you purchase this book, be ready for repairs.
on March 26, 2015
My 9-month old LOVES this book. His dad uses heavy equipment like this every day for work and our son loves trucks and equipment like this. From the moment I took it out of the box my son had it in his hands and wouldn't stop smiling. He loves having it read to him but also loves to sit and turn the pages himself. The book is actually in the shape of the truck, so it's not square, and the pages are all different shapes/sizes which means he has to use his noggin to figure out how to turn them, which I like a lot. The wording in the book is very simple, "I am a bulldozer. See me push the dirt." so it may not be as engaging for older kids but it is perfect for my 9-month-old.

Note from my husband: The backhoe in this book is actually a trackhoe. (Uses tracks instead of tires.) :-)

UPDATED 4/30/15: We just received our second copy of this book. The downside to having s house rabbit is that board books look a lot like cardboard to bunnies and our first copy got chewed and as a result fell apart. It doesn't help that the binding on the book is only about 2 1/2 inches long. Doesn't matter to us, our little guy, now 11-months-old, still loves this book.
review image
on July 5, 2015
Cute book, my son loves it! The downside is that the spine is coming apart after only a few months. I have another book in this series as well, and it had the same problem. Toddlers are rough on books, obviously, but most of our other books do not have this issue. Pictures attached.
review image review image
on July 15, 2015
A great book for little boys, especially those that love all things truck. Sturdy wood board construction to hold up to the beating a toddler would give it. Not to long and perfect for bedtime. Great pictures.
This line of books is absolutely amazing, and my toddler just loves them. The simple language is great for a beginning reader, the things they say are very straightforward and to the point, and my toddler loves talking about all the things that dump truck does. However, the binding on these is ridiculously weak. He broke this one within a couple hours of receiving it. We have a lot of board books around the house and none of them have proven this flimsy. The publisher has done a terrible disservice to this author, putting such wonderful books such a terrible weak binding. My toddler loves them so I keep repairing them with tape and glue.
on September 16, 2015
This book is great and is in the shape of the truck you see in the picture. I bought this book as a party favor for my one year old's birthday party. He got one too but has torn it in half easily. While it is a board book, I found that because the binding is along the end of the truck it is easily tore apart. The book has pictures of the many different types of equipment and a line or two about their job on the construction site. My boy loved the colors and the trucks in the book.
on June 22, 2015
Fun book, it doesn't show in the picture but it is cut out in the shape of the truck with different pages contributing to different layers of the image. The story itself is cute and my son likes to read it.
on February 28, 2015
Love it , not complicated, very short. I think shape books are exciting for a toddler. I see this as being one they will be happy to look at on their own. Note that fire truck book in this series has been discontinued. I had to get it from a book dealer.
on July 20, 2013
My 2-year-old boys love these books, but they tear them apart in days. I was very surprised because they seem durable. The story is lacking, but what little boy isn't excited for pictures of various trucks working? If your kid isn't destructive, then these are a decent buy. "Roadwork" and "Demolition" are the biggest hits in our house and both are still in one piece!
on December 26, 2011
This is a very simply worded book and easily followed by younger children. This is my son's favorite board book, but he is obsessed with dump trucks. I am going to have to buy a new copy because ours has gotten so much love! Very simple and to the point book, with cute illustrations!