4.0 out of 5 stars Convicting
Published on August 20, 2012 by Cindy Sproles

3.0 out of 5 stars Sure to Inspire!
This is new territory for me but I thought it would be interesting and helpful to review some faith based films. Special thanks a. larry ross communications for the opportunity to review I Am. . .Gabriel and providing a copy of the movie.

Published on November 10, 2012 by Dineen A. Miller

4.0 out of 5 stars Convicting, August 20, 2012
This review is from: I Am Gabriel (DVD)
Echolight Studios brings to life an interpretation of the God-sent archangel, Gabriel. Mentioned in the Old Testament, Gabriel spoke to Daniel and again his presence was shown in the New Testament as the bearer of the "Good News" to Zechariah, his barren wife Elizabeth and the virgin Mary. The angel announces himself to them as "I am Gabriel" and so, he follows suit in his introduction to Promise, Texas.

This larger-than-life angelic being is sent to earth to the town of Promise, Texas - a town whose hope is gone. The loss of a baby triggers a series of events in the town that spur the question, "Why do bad things happen to good people?"

Gabe appears out of nowhere with nothing but the clothes on his back and his prayer mat. Taken in by the family who'd lost their baby years earlier, they simply trust in the presence of this child. Gabe reignites the desire to talk with the Father, the God of all, and reminds the people of Promise, God loves them and hears them when they come before Him with a sincere prayer. Miracles begin to happen as Gabe sees into the hearts of those who've grown bitter through their brokenness and as a result, healing begins.

Though the movie ties it's ending up with a bow, it is successful to touch your heart and remind the Christian of the importance of an intimate relationship with Christ. For the non-believer...I Am Gabriel may seem a little unbelievable by assuming even unbelievers understand what an intimate relationship and prayer life with God is. Even so, there are very touching moments in the movie which convicts us of our failure to "just talk to God. We're stirred to once again hope...and we know, hope is the beginning.

I Am Gabriel, is laced with ex-Superman, Dean Cain and also, Smallville's John Scheidner. Overall, a good movie that left me convicted in my heart. - Cindy Sproles, ChristianDevotions.us Editor

5.0 out of 5 stars God can do it., January 23, 2013
This review is from: I Am Gabriel (DVD)
We showed it to our 5 and 7 year old grandchildren. The 7 year old just sat and watched and the 5 year old (boy) rolled on the floor playing most of the time. Afterward they asked to watch it again because they didn't like it---they loved it. We watched it the next night with their dad and the 5 year old kept telling him what was happening in the story. And we didn't think he had been paying attention because he was playing with toys through the whole thing the night before. We watched it for 5 nights in a row because they wanted to and then decided to give it to them. We could always buy ourselves another one. I guess we never know, when they're really paying attention. We found out it's good for all ages. It reminds us what God can do, if we just let him and pray.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hope is available, August 27, 2012
This review is from: I Am Gabriel (DVD)
Whenever I watch movies I'm not sure what to think. It's not my normal go-to genre to watch drama as I'm more of an action and adventure with big special effects type of movie watcher. However this one is worthy. When it comes to Christian films there seems to be a big line with some being overly cheesy and some being really quite good. This one was really pretty good in an unbelievable way. What I mean is that here we have Gabriel, as in the angel Gabriel that comes to a town on the edge of failure and hopelessness with a message and a gift from God. It is not something you see every day and this was not a big budget film, but it was well done. The scenes were real and in small town life rather easy to see and imagine, no matter how unbelievable our minds think miracles may be.

I knew going in that I would probably be a fan as I have enjoyed many things from Mike Norris over the year, even if they do usually have action, this was more a drama - well definitely a drama. That and being the Superman fan that I am I have always liked Dean Cain and Jonathan Schneider. There were many unknown-to-me names in this film, but overall I enjoyed it and wouldn't mind looking at Echo Light again for more films. All of the previews were enticing as well. It's about time we have more family friendly with wonderful messages to fill our TV screens.

God has a message for you and he wants to hear from you.

*Thanks to the publicist for providing a copy for review.*

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie/great new talent, September 2, 2012
This review is from: I Am Gabriel (DVD)
This movie is a great reminder to all Christians to talk daily to God. It is also an affirmation of His goodness and His desire to bless us. It opens with 2 Chronicles 7:14. That is a message all of America needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tear-jerker, February 12, 2013
This review is from: I Am Gabriel (DVD)
This is a story of a heart-stopping handsome boy, known simply as Gabe. He has an important message for the small town of Promise, Texas, and more. The acting is good, not great, but the message is what tjis is all about. The movie is all clean, noe bad language, nudity depicted violence. This is a Christian movie and message. Very much worth the viewing. I gave it five stars and recommend it to everyone, een non-Christains. It is moving, whether you are a beliver or not.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sure to Inspire!, November 10, 2012
This review is from: I Am Gabriel (DVD)

What originally drew me to watch the movie was the cast. I've always appreciated John Schneider's work (Smallville, etc.) and have always been a fan of Dean Cain (Lois & Clark). The film was directed by Mike Norris and does a pretty good job of telling a universal story. As God's creatures we long to see the presence of God at work in our lives, especially when things are rough. I Am. . .Gabriel shoots out the gate with a very intense first scene and sets the stage for this "withering" town. From then on though the movie slows to a pace that would be great for a book but tends to drag a bit for a movie. The characters are good though at times the acting is stilted.

Faith based films are definitely improving and I see that trend even in I Am. . .Gabriel. The story makes it worth watching and overlooking some of its less than stellar aspects. And it's a good family movie for sure. I can see children enjoying this film as long as Mom and Dad are aware that it does deal with some difficult areas pretty openly (death, suicide), so older kids perhaps. One of my favorite parts of the story is the message that "Gabe" brings with his prayer mat that God just wants us to talk to Him. So true!

Theologically, I'm sure there could be some arguments, but again, the premise of the story and the message of God's love is really what shines through in this movie. And I so appreciate actors like Schneider and Cain who step out of the Hollywood glitz to give their talents for the kingdom of God.

I Am. . .Gabriel is sure to inspire you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting and inspirational, October 13, 2012
This review is from: I Am Gabriel (DVD)
Although there are two "big-name" actors in the movie, the rest of the cast seems to be made up of "ordinary folk". If you're expecting an A-list performance, you will be somewhat disappointed. Knowing it was a mostly unknown cast I wasn't expecting academy award winning performances. That having been said, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, and will watch again.

In the hustle and bustle of today's world, I (we) tend to put God on a "back-burner". Watching this movie reminded me that I need to keep God in a more prominent place in my life, no matter how "busy" or "complicated" it may become.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, September 18, 2013
This review is from: I Am Gabriel (DVD)
An interesting premiss but a little slow. The acting was a bit contrived at times and the action a touch bland. Would have liked a bit more zip in the script

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and motivational message...:)), October 9, 2012
This review is from: I Am Gabriel (DVD)
I found this movie to be metaphorical marvel for the mysterious ways in which God moves us toward the changes he seeks for our lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart Warming, September 24, 2012
I just received "I Am Gabriel" from Amazon. One of the best movies I've come
across, ever. Acting was good, story line - not predictable. This movie should
have received three or more OSCARS. I've told several friends about this movie.
They are wanting to borrow my copy. I told 'em all to go ahead and buy their own,
cause after viewing mine, they will want their own copy anyways. This movie is
about a town that has lost "Hope, Faith, and their Trust in GOD". When an unlikely
Angel comes to town, things begin to turn around. And who could not like this
Gabriel character. With old and new faces alike, a great film to watch, get it.

I Am Gabriel
I Am Gabriel by Mike Norris (DVD - 2012)
$22.98 $11.21
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.