I Am...Milking My Fans!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 1, 2009 6:10:47 PM PDT
LuKasAV6 says:
This is shameful! 1st there was the regular release and the deluxe edition. Now there's the platinum edition then I guess the diamond edition coming out in winter 2009. B, please. I am losing respect...fast!

Posted on Sep 30, 2009 12:32:29 PM PDT
MELISASource says:
I TOTALLY agree!! !st the regular edition, then the deluxe, then there was the remix cd/dvd (where the remixes sounded like they were just thrown together for the product release), and now THIS??!! What's the point of buying this--the extra songs that I can probably find online somewhere?? GET REAL!! I am a BIG Beyonce fan-respect her for her hard work-but I'm now losing respect as well.

Posted on Sep 30, 2009 12:33:53 PM PDT
MELISASource says:
I TOTALLY agree!! !st the regular edition, then the deluxe, then there was the remix cd/dvd (where the remixes sounded like they were just thrown together for the product release), and now THIS??!! What's the point of buying this--the extra songs that I can probably find online somewhere?? GET REAL!! I am a BIG Beyonce fan-respect her for her hard work-but I'm now losing respect as well.

Posted on Oct 4, 2009 3:14:38 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 4, 2009 3:15:03 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 9, 2009 3:00:33 AM PDT
It makes you wonder who's driving this greed. The record company or Beyonce? Some poor (or stupid) fans will end up shelling out 3 times for almost the same product. But record companies have no heart and the honest people pay. A big fat get stuft to the record companies.

Posted on Oct 25, 2009 8:25:14 PM PDT
R. Young says:
I still haven't bought the "I Am... Sasha Fierce" album since I sorta knew this would happen. When the album was officially released in my country, the only version that was readily available through our shops was the original 11 track 2CD set. When I queried about the availability of the Deluxe, I was told that it was only available through 'special order', which made it almost sound like it was a 'special import'. Then, a few months ago, the 16 track 2CD set became officially available here, becoming the 'normal' version to buy. THEN what seems like less than 2 months later after that release, the Platinum version has come out here. I'm wondering if Beyonce has a real say over the matter since her Manager/Father's original statement about release stated that "...She has complete creative control-about dividing her songs. She felt she couldn't mix the songs together." I still haven't brought myself to buy her CD because I want to get the 'best' version out there so that I don't 'double up'. Same goes with the Lady Gaga CD. A few months ago I spoke to my sister because we were so eager to get "The Fame" but I sorta knew that with her popularity sky-rocketing, a Deluxe version would be inevitable so we decided to wait on it. Sure enough, "The Fame Monster" is due out soon...

Posted on Nov 4, 2009 1:22:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2009 1:23:35 PM PST
mattyp4 says:
There's also another "deluxe edition" that's going to be released on 11/23 (the same day as her live CD/DVD). This looks to be a "deluxe" edition of the original 1-disc version, not to be confused with the 2-disc "deluxe edition" that was released from the get-go last year.

So we current have:

I Am...Sasha Fierce
I Am...Sasha Fierce (Deluxe Edition) (double disc)
I Am...Sasha Fierce (Platinum Edition) (Incl. Bonus Tracks and Music Videos)
I Am...Sasha Fierce (single disc)

Not to mention the countless tour editions that are typically seen in European countries. And yes, there's that remix CD (Above and Beyoncé: Video Collection & Dance Mixes) and that live CD/DVD I previously mentioned (I Am...Yours. An Intimate Performance at Wynn Las Vegas(2CD/1DVD))

WHEW! I love my Beyonce & all, but good grief!

Posted on Nov 20, 2009 12:29:18 PM PST
Dang it! I had a feeling there was going to be another edition since the deluxe and the regular edition were out around the same time. I really like Beyonce, but I took alot of the extra songs off my player anyway (I got the deluxe), so I probably won't get this. But geez, how many times are they going to put this album out with a couple of new songs thrown in?

Posted on Dec 4, 2009 9:31:59 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 9, 2010 7:05:56 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Sep 1, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
I Am: Sasha Fierce
I Am: Sasha Fierce by Beyonce (Audio CD - 2008)
3.6 out of 5 stars   (470)