5.0 out of 5 stars buy this cd and save rock music
three words: this is superb.
i don't know where my original review from 4 months ago went but i'm happy to reiterate everything i said before...
Published on January 11, 2000 by Force Majeure

3.0 out of 5 stars If you've heard and loved 'Lucky'...
When I first bought this album I was a little disappointed- the only Bif Naked song I had heard was 'Lucky', and I was hoping for more of the same. So people who are only familiar with Bif from the Buffy soundtrack will be in for a surprise- 'Lucky' has a totally different vibe to the other songs on the album. But 'I Bificus' is still worth a look. They're the kind of...
Published on July 13, 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars buy this cd and save rock music, January 11, 2000
This review is from: I Bificus (Audio CD)
three words: this is superb.
1) re: no doubt's evil twin. both gwen and bif are charismatic frontwomen for energetic rock bands that sometimes delve into ska/punk, but let's not get all americentric here. bif has a style all her own (much more diverse than no doubt in my opinion) and unapologetic lyrics that range from heartbreaking to giddy.
2) that voice! mama mia! it goes from piercing and edgy to sultry and soothing at the drop of a hat, yet always natural.
3) the songs: diverse. some energetic. ("twitch") some brooding. ("lucky") some funky. ("spaceman") some punky. ("moment of weakness") all excellent. very few albums can be played all the way through without skipping tracks. this is one of the few.
4) anyone who is judgmental about her moniker (namely the addition of "naked") or her tattoos... please remove the rod from your bums immediately. from reading the liner notes you will see she's a happy healthy intelligent funny woman who stresses non-violence and self-improvement. anyone who is still judgmental after reading this review, it's your loss. so BUY IT NOW! you won't regret it.
p.s. if you can get your hands on her three canadian cd's you should do that as well. i personally like the canadian version of "i bificus" better, but this still gets five stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Bif, September 18, 1999
This review is from: I Bificus (Audio CD)
So sue me, I'm a late bloomer. I've heard smatterings about Bif Naked for the last year or so, living in the Metro Detroit area (where the best radio station is a Canadian one, CIMX 88.7, a.k.a. 89X), and being receptive to bands from our neighbor to the south (yes, that's right, Detroit is north of Windsor). There's a pure soulfulness to Bif's music that's hard to find these days. Bif isn't the latest prepackaged "thang" from the MTV network; instead, she's a sincere, brutally honest, and truly talented musician that I'm sure makes Winnipegers proud. Whether you believe that she's "Gwen Stefani's evil twin" or you realize that in between the smatterings of No Doubt, Alanis, Ska, etc. influences there's a sound here that's all Bif's own, and it's more than striking. Since I've bought this album I can't get it out of my CD player or my head, and it gets better with every listen. I keep singing along to "Any Day Now," perhaps one of the best ballads I've ever heard--Bif has this amazing talent for combining musical genres and making them work together. This young woman is the real deal! I may have gotten on the bandwagon as a "Johnny-come-lately," but I'm here to stay. In my vast collection, Bif is right up there with Kid Rock, Moby, The Tragically Hip, and Oasis--absolutely astounding. Buy this CD! NOW! If not from Amazon, go to your record store and get it! You heard me! Go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bif Naked Rocks!, July 26, 2000
This review is from: I Bificus (Audio CD)
This is my favorite CD! It's the best rock music I've heard in a long time. Even better? She writes all her lyrics and some of the music. She's not fake either. She knows who she is and isn't afraid to spew it in your face. This is my review of the songs.
1. I DIED- Great song with a great intro. I especially like it after the "I hereby" part.
2.ANY DAY NOW- Very pretty ballad. Can't wait for the video for this one.Gets a little repetitive in the end.
3. SPACEMAN- Another great song. Gets repetitive in the end as well.
4. MOMENT OF WEAKNESS- Hyper song! Gets ya movin' and energetic! Bif's humorous way of telling off a lazy boyfriend makes for a great song. Love the "Word I Saids" at the end.
5.LUCKY- Beautiful song about being in love. But in the lyrics (in the book) there's an extra verse that's not in the song! What's up with that? That also happens in "ANYTHING"
6. SOPHIA- Pretty good song. She's talking about her bisexuality in this song.
7. CHOTEE- Great song! The "So Long, my babys" in the end is cool.So is the Hindu interval. But if you read the lyrics, it's a said song about her baby she had to give up for adoption.
8. VIOLENCE- Probably my least favorite song. Good message though. "Violence Lies." So true, Bif.
9. THE PEACOCK SONG- Weeeeiiiiiirrrrddddd song. Don't get me wrong though, it's great! It's just sort of strange. I can't explain it. You'll have to listen to it to understand me.
10. ANYTHING- A cute song about a first love. This is a good song.
11. ONLY THE GIRL- A smart, snappy song about a jerky boyfriend. It's sort of cute too "I won't go near yer locker..." Very loud guitar. Easily one of the best.
12. TWITCH- Really funny. She sort of talks the verses, which is cool. I like the little part in the middle "My boyfriends back and you're gonna be in trouble" An element from that 50's song.
All in all a great CD. Bif has a great voice. I wish they would play her on TRL.... Ciao!

5.0 out of 5 stars Definate great buy!, December 27, 1999
"themelaciousmel" (Divaishness, Pesky Girl Mind) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Bificus (Audio CD)
I had first heard of Bif on Buffy (my fav. television show) and absolutely loved her! When MTV picked up her song 'Moment of Weakness' I was estatic! Then I brought the BtVS soundtrack and her love ballad 'Lucky' was featured on there. Awesome song! So my sister who figured I liked her got it for me for Christmas. At first my judgemental father wouldn't let me open it because of what she looked like. My sister then showed her lyrics for "Violence", and my dad changed his mind. What really got him was the picture under the CD with the "Non-violence, righteousness, love, peace" encirlced. Get the CD! It's excellent! I Died is a great song! Biffy seems to bear her soul wonderfully to such great music. It's not bubblegum like the rest of the radio (Down with Britney!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply great, December 3, 2002
This review is from: I Bificus (Audio CD)
I Bificus is my favorite album from Bif Naked and one of the best albums I own. Bif is incredible, writing songs that delve into her personal life and comment on society yet remain musically interesting. The more you listen the more you want to know who this woman is and where her divine inspiration comes from. The music is at moments catchy and uplifting and at others somber and hauntingly beautiful. These moments aren't always where you'd expect them either. "Chotee" is a song about the regret she feels for a baby she gave up for adoption. It is also one of the more upbeat rock songs I've heard. Stand out moments include I Died, Spaceman, Lucky (which some people may recognize from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer soundtrack), Sophia, which has one of my favorite choruses ever, and Only the Girl. Bif is greatest when belting it out into the microphone, showing off some amazing talent. Buy this CD and support one of the greatest artists around.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Complete Impression, April 29, 2003
This review is from: I Bificus (Audio CD)
From "Moment of Truth" to "Lucky" Bif Naked exemplifies every possible genre. Bif Naked is vivacious, sultry, Respectable and extremely attractive not to mention her impressive talent. Her range compliments every song and leaves you wondering if there is anything she can't do. I have been listening to Bif Naked for three years now and I believe there isn't. Upon hearing "I bificuc" I didn't think there was much more left to accomplished but I was proven wrong when I brought "Purge". Needless to say I was not disappointed. I would recommend any one of the serveral albums, reguardless of what style of music captivates you. There is something for everyone. If her looks don't stimulate you the music surely will. The only aspect left is a live show! WHEN WILL BIF NAKED TOUR IN NEW JERSEY?

5.0 out of 5 stars All Hail Her Majesty!, August 17, 2000
This review is from: I Bificus (Audio CD)
To "A Music Fan" Who tried to analyze all the tracks on the CD...Get it right before you start spouting off about stuff like that. Here's a couple corrections for you.... 1. CHOTEE: this song is about her short marriage to her old drummer. Bif got pregnant and wrote the song after she had to terminate her pregnancy. Not give a baby up for adoption.
2. SOPHIA. This is a song about a dog that bif picked up on the New Jersey Turnpike. I don't know where you get "A song about her bisexuality" from...? LISTEN to the words.
That's all for now...

4.0 out of 5 stars smooth and melodious, April 14, 2003
This review is from: I Bificus (Audio CD)
bif naked comes out with some great melodies. she has such a soulful smooth and beautiful voice and she has good range. the lyrics are both juvenille at times and clever at others. she does sound like no doubt's gwen stefani at times but with my collection of 600 cd's how can you not cross old territory?
bif's strengths lie in the fact that she comes across as innocent and worldly at the same time. her voice is soulful, genuine and passionate and her songs rock. this is defineitely something different from the norm that is pretty damn good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bif Naked is the most original female artist of the 90s, August 16, 1999
This review is from: I Bificus (Audio CD)
I think this album is one of the best albums ever to be released, Bif Naked has been making music for over 10 years and has worked hard to get where she is. She ranges from punk-pop, to ballads, to heavy guitar rock. I don't think the fact that one song MAY sound like a certain band should go against her that much, her music is so diverse and fresh, her songs don't even sound the same at all. People who say Bif is a rip off of any band has obviously not heard any of her whole albums, she is orginal and amazing, and full of talent, and it's finally available in the US. I recommend this album to anyone who enjoys just to rock out and have fun. And also, try to catch the live show!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest CD of the CENTURY!, November 10, 1999
This review is from: I Bificus (Audio CD)
You have not lived until you have listened to this cd in its entirety.
BiF Naked is one of the coolest, honest and mesmerizing female artist that I have heard in a very long time.
Every single track on this CD is a "gooder". This cd is also a HyperCD so you can watch BiF's video for Chotee realtime.
This cd and BiF rock!

I Bificus
I Bificus by Bif Naked (Audio CD - 1999)
Rate and Discover Movies