Published on February 15, 2006 by Devolutionist

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars not enough excavators, June 20, 2006
E. Gross (Skokie, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Dig Dirt (DVD)
My son likes basic construction trucks: excavators, bulldozers, front end loaders. This DVD focuses on several exotic, extremely large machines found at a coal mine: a large shovel that looks like Mary Anne in Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel, a huge dump truck, and another shovel on a cable. If you want to see normal construction vehicles, get I Love Big Machines parts 1 & 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have for your video collection (um, your KIDS video collection I mean), February 15, 2006
This review is from: I Dig Dirt (DVD)
I have the VHS version of this that I bought back around 2000. We got it for our first child, who loved playing in the dirt, and he was immediately hooked on it. Now, six years and 3 more kids later, I'm watching it for the 4000th time with my littlest one (2 years) and it's still great. We have boys and girls and it's one of two videos we own (the others are our Thomas the Tank Engine videos) that they've *ALL* loved. The songs are great and there's no actors or silly characters (unless you count Tim Roybell, the truck mechanic)... the people are just ordinary folks giving us a tour of the Jacob's Ranch and Black Thunder Mines in Wyoming.

As for the parents that are concerned about showing their kids videos of little guys playing around a backhoe, A) the kids read off a warning at the beginning of the video saying you should NEVER go around big machines without your parents, B) any time you see a child sitting on a machine they're with an adult, and C) you guys are being a *little* overprotective. From a guy who's around a lot of kids and have raised my fair share, here's a little advice: teach your kids to have some common sense, supervise them when necesary, and most importantly let them be kids.

Hearing my little guy sing "I dig dirt" while he's in the sandbox playing with his dump truck is priceless to me!

5.0 out of 5 stars I dig dirt, yes I do!, May 11, 2005
This review is from: I Dig Dirt (DVD)
We loved this video so much, we wore it out. We found it on DVD and watch it every night.My sons are five and 19 months and they both love it. Many of these videos can be cheezy and untolerable, but not this one. This is a great video and I would recommend it to all the little truck fans out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, June 4, 2004
This review is from: i dig dirt [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This video on "diggers" (small and very large construction excavators... including the largest excavator in the U.S.... called Ursa Major... "The Big Dipper") is pretty good for toddlers. It features a nice little song, "I dig dirt" sung to the tune of "Frere Jacques" which is very cute, especially if your toddler starts singing it. I really like that there are both boys and girls (and men and women equipment drivers) in the video, while most other construction videos tend to only show men and boys. My 2-year-old (boy) likes it a lot. However, he more often asks for "Road Construction Ahead" which is a video about how roads are built and has a wider variety of construction equipment (diggers, rollers, graders, etc.). And he even more asks for "Farm Country Ahead" which he calls "the tractor movie" and is in a series with the "Road Construction Ahead" video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson can't get enough, October 23, 2004
This review is from: I Dig Dirt (DVD)
My two year old grandson watches this over and over...absolutely enthralled. I love watching this heavy equipment DVD with him as he waves," Bye-bye tractor". I'm just sorry I wasn't the one that found this for him. I highly recommmend this. WARNING: DVD is addicting!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have!, October 26, 2005
This review is from: I Dig Dirt (DVD)
We borrowed this DVD from a friend, not knowing how great it really was. We liked it so much we purchased it, and have subsequently purchased many copies for our friends with kids. My boys (3yrs and 11mos) are enamored with this movie! The songs are fun and easy to remember; my toddler now sings the theme song while playing in our backyard. The movie is fun for even the adults to watch (which is really saying something when talking about kids' videos)! An educational tractor / earth mover video that is totally entertaining. This is a definite must-have in every household.

4.0 out of 5 stars And a spell-like trance fell upon the two year old..., December 30, 2002
This review is from: i dig dirt [VHS] (VHS Tape)
My kid loves big trucks, backhoes, cement mixers, etc. One of his first words was backhoe ("Ba-choe"). This video meets his exacting criteria. ;-)
It's definately a bit different than I was expecting. A lot of sing-alongs about dirt. A lot of rolling around in dirt. A lot of interludes with kids skipping around heavy machinery. Worth the money, but I'd recommend "Road Construction Ahead" over this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Son can't get enough, September 28, 2005
Rural Betty (Northern, Utah) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Dig Dirt (DVD)
My son absolutely LOVES this DVD. I now have to "sneak" his other abc and 123 educational DVD's in when I can but if he had his way, he'd simply watch I Dig Dirt over and over and over. It is educational, but only about the earth moving equimpent in the show (which is pretty impressive). I wish there were more like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars We dig I Dig Dirt!, January 11, 2004
K. Delatorre (North Andover, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Dig Dirt (DVD)
We bought the VHS I Dig Dirt in 1999 for our son who was 18 months old. He watched it nearly every day, sometimes multiple times. We had to bring it with us on vacation or whenever we visited Grandma. Now, our second son, 2 years old, is addicted. Both boys love to sing along to the music and play with their toy trucks while watching the video. We have an extensive video/DVD collection for our children, but none have been viewed as often as this one. Today I am ordering the DVD version in case something should happen to the tape. I would highly recommend this title for young children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back for more, August 2, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: i dig dirt [VHS] (VHS Tape)
We "lost" this video over a month ago and our 2 1/2 YO boy still isn't over it. So, I am purchasing our second copy. We sing the theme song together many times a day and it is a ritual at bedtime. I have a hunch that our 3 1/2 YO girl has hidden it due to the number of times she was subjected to its run. The video is full of tractors in action and explainations about what these heavy machines do. There is no story line or furry animation in this show. In short, we highly encourage you to purchase this video.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

I Dig Dirt
I Dig Dirt by Stirlin Harris (DVD - 2003)
$14.95
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.