- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
** ADDENDUM **
Angels & Airwaves' new album, LOVE, is already available as a FREE download. Just head over to the band's web site now!
I was a fan from their first cd "We Don't Need To Whisper" with "I-Empire" the guys have firmly established themselves in this music industry and can/will only go up from here. As this cd is one that can't be ignored by folks at all. Loving the cd from beginning to end it flows from one track to the next with an ease that you seldom experience.
First one was all that...2nd one is all that and so much more!!
My most moving tracks:
Call to Arms
But just like their first album, every track is good, some are better than others, but every track is good, which is a rarity these days. Plus, why so many critics pan AVA because they have simple and inspiring, uplifting lyrics...is beyond me. It's a throwback to the old school days of U2, The Cure, Pink Floyd, New Wave and early punk rock pop....all mixed in with some great electronic synth sounds.
Point blank: Angels and Airwaves are AWESOME!
probably no-one! They are quite unique. Very unlike most of the new stuff coming out. If you liked their first album, you will certainley like this album. (maybe even better). Great Job Angels and Airwaves!
1) Call To Arms (5/5)- Wow, what a way to start off the album... and without the two minute intro that came along with Valkyrie. This song is an incredible lift off with amazing vocals that have been shockingly sang to perfection by Tom during live performances.
2) Everything's Magic (5/5)- The obvious single, I haven't stopped listening to this one since it leaked oh so many months ago. Does it sound like Anthem Pt. 2? A little bit. Does it sound like "Close to Me" by the Cure, a little bit. Are those bad things? I don't think so. Perfect single.
3) Breathe (3/5)- I find this to be a poor placement track wise on the album, but lots of fans love it so it's just my opinion. To me, it's something of a bland song that is really repetitive and doesn't truly kick in until about 4 minutes in, at which point it becomes brilliant. You probably really have to be truly in love to enjoy this one as much as Tom does. Oh yea, musically it's got a Phil Collins/Peter Gabriel sound to it.
4) Love Like Rockets (4/5)- A cool little song with an Eisenhower speech at the beginning that as a history teacher I can't get enough of. This one is hard to describe (other than it being very "outer-spacey") and doesn't really stand out.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
been a fan of this band since day one and I'm very proud to say that they've reached the peak of their musical career. great band, great record!Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
This album is one of the best things that has happened to this world.
I usually only listen to metal, by the way. But this was a recommendation from a friend.
Great 2nd album followup from Angels and Airwaves. This album is even better than We Don't Need to Whisper, with songs like Breathe, Secret Crowds and Heaven.Published 7 months ago by Steve Sotomayor
a nice tom delogne fallback band. his new sound may not be identical to that of the Blink 182 sound, but his voice will forever carry the identity of his former band. nice recordPublished 8 months ago by roy marvin
I love how Tom Delonge was able to create a distinct sound that detached him from the punk rock sound of blink. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Audrey Teston
In comparison to the previous effort of AA which is 'We don't need to whisper', I'm quite impressed on the evolution of this band! Read morePublished 10 months ago by Bruno Bryant
Delonge's experimental band achieved commercial success because of this great album! Call to arms and rite of spring established their name in the mainstream arena.Published 10 months ago by john bassler