Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

Format: Hardcover|Change

VINE VOICEon October 18, 2012
It doesn't seem right; that we can go into a bookstore and find a book whose artwork should be in a museum and whose words should be between leather bound covers. Anyone with a brain knows of Dr. King's speech, and anyone with a soul has had it stirred when they hear it. Kadir Nelson takes one of the most iconic speeches in the history of us and combines it with artwork that can only be described as 'soul candy'.

Why? Because it is just that. My parent's generation will smile and bear witness that they were blessed to live during the time of this amazing man. My generation will be grateful and a bit jealous that we missed the living era of Martin. My children's generation can only hope that there will be a man anywhere close to the person that was Dr. King.

Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech will obviously stand out but the other treat is Kadir's mesmerizing artwork. The cover of this book tells you exactly what you'll see on the inside. His work is moving, spiritual, inspiring, stunning, timeless, and historic.

This book is an annotated version of Dr. King's speech in concert with Kadir's afore mentioned soulful artwork. This book also comes with a CD that has Dr. King's complete speech on it AND the entire speech is printed at the end of this book as well. Dr. King's legacy and his speech have been used by everyone; and not all of it good. Dr. King's legacy really doesn't need any embellishment or added fluff. The memorial in Washington (FINALLY) and this book are two instances where it IS needed. And welcomed. Now please understand that I don't mean to compare the memorial with this book, it's just that in a world where there are countless Dr. King highways, youth centers, t-shirts, coffee mugs, posters, and parks, it's nice to have two shining examples of a true representation of Dr. King's legacy.

But unlike the memorial you won't have to travel to Washington to enjoy this book. Your local bookstore will do.
on January 21, 2013
I am an elementary school counselor and used this book as part of my classroom lessons during the week of Dr Martin Luther King Jr's birthday.

I felt like a made a difference this week because of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. My classroom lessons this past week were focused on his "I Have a Dream" speech. This new book is so richly illustrated and I felt like I was carrying a work of art as I walked to each classroom. Although I did not read the speech, we used the illustrations from the book to discuss the legacy Dr. King wanted for us all. We listened to the speech via YouTube as we did artwork later in the lesson. Kadir Nelson is an amazing artist. I had a lot of teachers ask if they could borrow this book after we looked through it during my lesson. It's going to be a must for our school library. The pictures are so moving. It's a WOW book.
on June 14, 2015
Purchased for my Uncle for his 77th birthday. He asked for this specifically. From what I was told he loves everything about it and listens to the CD often. He said he had no idea the book would be so detailed.

He's out of state, so I can't see what he's talking about, but I know he was very pleased.
VINE VOICEon January 18, 2013
This is a book that belongs in every library and classroom. The iconic words of Dr. King's speech, (abridged here for younger readers but reproduced in full on an audio CD and in the back of the book) are combined with Kadir Nelson's incredibly powerful paintings to produce a masterpiece of picture books. This book is so powerful it gives me goosebumps when I look at it. Don't miss this one.
VINE VOICEon May 29, 2013
This beautifully illustrated books captures the essence of the "I have a dream" speech by Dr. Martin Luther King. The artistry is just wonderful! I love all of the beautiful drawings of the children. The book comes with a CD of the speech. All around, a must have addition to any library.
HALL OF FAMEon November 11, 2012
the book as well and the illustrations and the cd just are incredible and truly must have. can never say enough or show enough appreciation for what Dr.Martin Luther King Jr accomplished and his legacy has meant in not only America,but also worldwide. very strong and powerful. a great gift for the entire family.a Ground breaker and a fitting book.
on February 3, 2014
It's a beautifully illustrated book that follows the "I Have a Dream" speech on the attached CD. The kids love it, and both shared it with their class at school (and their teacher's loved it too).
on February 7, 2014
I like the book because it exposes students to the key points of the I Have a Dream speech in a condensed version. The paintings are lovely and serve as a good aide to support student understanding. I also used the book to scaffold the larger speech with older students. It makes them more agreeable to taking on more difficult language and concepts the second time around. Personally, as an adult, I found the text and illustrations quite lovely and enjoyable! I would recommend for any age!
on March 21, 2013
The illustrations in this book are beautiful. The text of the book is word-for-word the major parts of the "I Have a Dream" speech. My only regret is that I only have one copy for my kids to see while they listen to the speech!
on December 20, 2012
The recording of this famous speech is very good quality and brings tears to your eyes just listening to it. The book is very good and the illustrations are beautiful.