Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on March 1, 2011
I learned of the book from a magazine review, and I'm glad I did.

The models are thin young men, posed in sparsely furnished rooms, likely their studio apartments in New York. Most of the subjects are hairless (body) and some have tatoos.

I liked the way the photos were shot with natural light, and almost no furniture except a bed, sometimes sheetless. The guys were lying on wood floors in several of the photos. That may not sound sexy, and may sound trashy, but it's not. You have to see the photos to understand.

To me, the photos are "sexually charged," while being artistic and classy. I highly recommend this book.
on March 11, 2011
The book is well done and put together beautifully. The pictures are of the naked male body, but done with great care as to portray a sense of art rather than just a collection of naked men. The presentation of the male form is Artistic and Classy... Well Done!!!
on June 13, 2011
Jessica Yatrofsky's book " I <3 boy" is a quiet and beautiful book that explores the male nude. With each turn the photographs show doe eyed, young, beautiful, and at times almost fragile looking boys. Jessica captures the essence of each models youth and beauty, making each photograph a piece of art in itself. This collective series of photographs is something every artist and art lover should check out.
on March 9, 2011
Finally a book with male nudity that is actually artistic and classy! Refreshing change! A really great collection of guys shot beautifully by J. Yatrofsky! Clearly a lot of time was put into the book itself, because it's really nicely laid out and edited. Yatrofsky's boys will linger in your mind hours after flipping through the photos. A great photo book, and you can't beat the price!
on March 6, 2011
Yatrofky has created such a beautiful showing of the male form. I pick up this book every time I pass my bookshelf, and I am always eager to share it with friends. The photos are sweet and evocative- great conversation for us to be having about males in the media. Thank you J. Yatrofsky!
on March 10, 2011
I used to be the type of man who'd bring a guy home, light some candles and whisper sweet nothings in his ear to get him all riled up. Sometimes a fruitful aphrodisiac or two to seal the deal. Now, all I do is have my gentleman caller look through this amazing pictorial that lays ever so gently on my coffee table. Young beautiful naked men to replace the sweets for the ear, and mouth. I understand the Art behind I <3 Boy, and I think the Author, Jessica Yatrofsky has created a masterpiece with this book. I read in Nylon Magazine that most of Miss Yatrofsky's "...work revolves around utilizing a man as a subject and object..." Well. That makes two of us.
on March 4, 2011
Really well put together book - amazing photography, beautiful subjects. Really hope this book gets a widespread response. A coffee table book that should actually be picked up and read!
on March 13, 2011
and then again we don't. What is seen is recorded in the photograph. In this work of Yatrofsky, she has recorded, via photographs certain obscure objects of desire in the very urban landscape of New York. But not in the landscape, rather in the intimate simplicity of closed rooms. Rooms with light. In the light are young men. Their faces. Their naked bodies. No, that is not right: their bodies. In the same simplicity.

There is nothing posed, these are moments recorded: natural, without any of the clichés of commercial-naked photography. The Introduction by Weston Bingham is thoughtful, pointed and illuminating of the images in the book: it does introduce them, place them in context and gives one a real sense of how to hear and understand the language of the photographs of Yatrofsky. They are erotic, in the sense that they play in your mind, these photographs, with their realism-idealism. The experience is delightful, exquisitely actual, without pre-imposed structures.

I return to the book often. To see a face or a body and let my mind enter into dialogue with them. They are faces one would see anywhere: they look to the side or out, rarely a glance directly at the viewer, but when there is there is as well the sense that this is a real glance, recorded, not posed or imposed. These portraits (the "head shots") are all exquisite, recorded moments of realism, over heard, as it were, moments of a conversation. There is humour too: the boy with the camera tattooed on his chest, the phrase "Sic Transit Gloria" tattooed on his arm; the irony is precise. Then too the boys covering their eyes: more irony, a giggle muffled.Real.

I would recommend this book to anyone, even my Mother. She likes real art. This is it.
on December 14, 2014
Gotta be one of my most favorite of photobooks. I like casual over posses, but the posses seemed natural and relaxed. Wish more candid nudes for future efforts. The "artistic" community sometimes misses the boat on casual and candid. The models make this book, and Yatrofsky does a incredible job capturing the art of the boys. But not to be missed is that Yatrofsky likes the same thing as the book purchasers, and she captures incredible stills of what is just plain fun and beautiful.
on November 10, 2011
This book reminded me of Toyin Ibidapo's Cult of Boys, in that it features a fairly sensitive and attractive cover photo, but is filled with photos which, in the main, only a mother could love.
Just as most of the photos in Cult of Boys were taken in Ms Ibidapo's bedroom, so these photos are taken on the photographer's floorboards or on unmade beds. The beds I can handle, but the floorboards do nothing for me.
To me, and this is largely subjective, given the comments of previous reviewers, Ms Yatrofsky's models are so banal and so inert that it is certain I will not return to this book. A single perusal was quite enough.
All the models are listed at the end of the book - there are at least 30 of them.
There is a two page introduction to the book by Weston Bingham of East Village Boys, but alas, he and I are on a different wavelength.