Canon PowerShot A550 7.1MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom
Used & New from: $34.50
I Love This Camera, But... I'm new to digital and love this camera. I have taken night, firework, action, etc. shots and they all look great. The only problem is that it's eating up my rechargeable batteries like crazy. I have taken 149 pictures and have had to replace dead dead batteries 3 times. I am using a Quanteray charger with Ni-MH batteries. The manual says to use a Cannon charger & batteries, but my photo shop says it doesn't matter. Many comments on this forum about good battery performance. I must be doing something wrong. Any ideas?
asked by Lucille Mccain on July 2, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
votes
I'm not an expert but just offering a suggestion which is to try some other batteries, even alkaline for a start and see if there's any difference. Maybe the batteries you bought are not holding a charge for some reason. I'm using Sony NiMh which i got with the Sony charger that i purchased here and although using a different Canon have not experienced this problem at all.
jed clampett answered on July 2, 2007

A
votes
rechargeable batteries come in different strengths which determine how long they can hold a charge and how many times they can be recharged.
2500 seems to be about the strongest and they go all the way down to 600. try getting some 2300-2500 and see if they last longer. the number is listed on the side of the battery and somewhere on the package label but in very small letters. 4 AA batteries of 2300 mamp rating are under $10 at Walmart.
D. Nelson answered on September 25, 2007

A
votes
Mine ate batteries as well, a lot sooner than yours. Check the reviews - most are excellent, but there are a few of us who have had battery problems. See if Canon will send you a new model.
PJ answered on December 6, 2007
‹ Previous   1   Next ›