5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect first truck book
Published on August 17, 2005 by Yolanda Griffin Wallington

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok.
Just ok. I would not have bought it in the book store. The pictures were not too interesting. See it in the bookstore and then decide.
Published 9 months ago by charlotte

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect first truck book, August 17, 2005
Yolanda Griffin Wallington (Detroit, MI United States) - See all my reviews
My two year old absolutely loves this book. It is a great introduction to trucks and the pictures help to identify trucks when we are on the road. I really like that the book "classifies" some trucks, i.e. "this one digs"; "this one dumps". That really helps the youngest readers to understand. I also like that the books includes the greatest truck of all: the ice cream truck. My little one has memorized this book and "reads" it all by himself. It is also the perfect length for parents when a little one is demanding "one more time". I am so glad that I received this book as a gift for my little boy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for little truck lovers!, April 14, 2000
This review is from: I Love Trucks! (Hardcover)
My 18 month old absolutely adores this book. He is fascinated with "real-life" trucks and this book explains in a very easy manner all the different types of trucks he sees everyday--mommys and daddys may even learn something! The narrative is short and sweet which is a must with this age group. And the pictures are fun and colorful. Definitely recommended reading for any little truck lover out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this team of author/illustrator!, November 28, 2005
This review is from: I Love Trucks! (Hardcover)
We discovered this book at the library & took it out so much, we ended up buying our own board book version. It's very loved. Last night my 3 year old son woke up at 4am calling for his "truck book!" And he slept with his arms around it. The illustrations are so simple and clear, and the rhyming is very catchy. I do have to admit that while we like the other books by this pair (Trains, School, etc), this is the best & the favorite in our house.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE TRUCKS, March 2, 2006
Perfect book in size for small hands, and vivid colors for inquisitive eyes. Any little tyke who enjoys trucks will love this book. My grandson is one of these tykes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, April 21, 2002
"ericaprilnoah" (Lebanon, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Love Trucks! (Hardcover)
As a preschool teacher, I have an extensive collection of children's books. My 18 month old, pulled this one from the bookshelf and has not let it out of his sight since. I have actually just ordered a third copy, the first two are pretty worn already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect "starter book" for little truck lovers!, November 8, 2001
Amy Bzorgi (Knoxville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Love Trucks! (Hardcover)
This book is a wonderful first truck book for little truck fans! My son's first word was truck. I bought this book when he was 18-months old. He is 3 1/2 now and still never tires of listening to the rhyming text and looking at the endearing pictures! It's great for Mommy, too, because it's so easy to read when you're tired, unlike a lot of the truck books that label the parts and have too much information for little ones. We also enjoy "I Love Trains!" by the same author.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my 15-month-old son's favorite books, August 22, 2012
Kelvin (Toronto, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Love Trucks! (Hardcover)
Sturges and Halpern have done it again! My 15-month-old boy first got a hold of this book in the library and he loved it. He loved the pictures, particularly the one with fire-engine (do all boys love fire-engines?) Then I ended up buying a copy.

It's also fun to read along with your kid - yes, he can read! This is what my wife and I did: we read "trucks that sweep the?" and then our boy will say "street"!!! The simple words that the author chose have definitely made it easy for my boy to memorize.

By the way, I also bought I love Trains and I love Planes by the same authors. They are just as great. I strongly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Books for Boys, December 31, 2007
This review is from: I Love Trucks! (Paperback)
This book not only has beautiful pictures and text, but describes each type of truck. The character is lovable and easy for the child to relate.
Not just another truck book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE I LOVE TRUCKS!, September 8, 2007
T. L. Maschke (Mount Laurel, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Love Trucks! (Paperback)
My 2 1/2 year old son is a huge truck fan. This book is great. I love the information on the front cover and first page, and back page and cover give. It's a bunch of facts that make the book that much more fun to read. The actual book is simple and easy to read. I can do "short form" by just reading the book, or I can do "long form" and go over all the trucks on the pages and covers. Whatever we do, we have a great time reading this together. What a great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite!, January 3, 2014
This review is from: I Love Trucks! (Paperback)
This book is a favorite of my 2 grandsons. They ask to have it read every time they stay over. I would recommend this book to anyone with young boys.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

I Love Trucks!
I Love Trucks! by Philemon Sturges (Paperback - April 24, 2001)
$6.99 $6.29