Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on September 24, 2007
This product is one of the smallest and most universal MP3 chargers on the market, because it fits most players. Just plug the USB adapter for your MP3 player into the I-Rocks and plug it into the wall. No computer or docking station is necessary. It's easy to take with you anywhere and the electrical plug folds flat into the unit so that the prongs do not stick out as described by the previous reviewer. The I-Rocks 1050 is also designed to prevent overcharging.

However, DO NOT BUY this product from Clear AV. They substitute an inexpensive product for the I-Rocks unit and will not respond to phone calls or inquiries about their products. After numerous attempts, I have not been able to obtain an RMA number to return the substituted product.
on December 30, 2007
An associate of mine uses a MusicPower USB/AC adapter that seems to be a bit more solid. The construction of this unit seems, for lack of a better term, a bit chintzy. That aside, it is functional and has not failed me.
on July 28, 2007
Arrived quickly seems to suit the purpose I purchased it for. I only wish the metal power connectors folded up/down to make it easy for traveling. The connectors sticking out make it difficult to pack as they could scratch something.
on April 22, 2009
I actually ordered this same product from another company, but I thought I'd post a review anyway. I bought this usb-AC adapter charger primarily so I could charge my Blackberry Curve and iPod while I'm traveling. Since I travel with a government-owned laptop and we are prohibited from inserting any USB flash-based media devices (to include cell phones), my charging options are limited. I can no longer just connect them to my laptop with a usb cable for charging. I thought this would be a simple and cheap solution. It arrived yesterday and I quickly learned that it did charge my iPod, but it does not charge my Blackberry Curve. The advertising for this product is a bit misleading because even on the package it shows that it charges iPods and mobile phone devices. Maybe the Blackberry Curve is more finicky with power requirements, I don't know, but it won't charge from this device. It seems the product doesn't do everything it claims it will. If you just want one to charge an Ipod or smaller mp3 player, you will probably be just fine, but if you want to charge a Blackberry with it, beware.

Edit: 5-20-2013

I recently tried using this to charge my iPhone 4s and although it did eventually charge it, my iPhone went completely wacky until I unplugged it from this thing and turned it off and back on. Specifically, the touch screen went haywire and when I touched the screen, it started opening up apps and shutting down things and when I tried to type on it, it just sent gibberish to the screen because it couldn't tell where my fingers were. I would only use this adapter for charging "dumb" devices. I now only use it to charge a tiny RC helicopter that I play with from time to time.
on April 1, 2009
This is a very cheap product and the manufacturer is even worse. I went though two of these in four months. PCUsa manufacturer's support is not good. I do not recommend. Luckily it did not damage my iPod Touch.
on April 26, 2009
I have had this product for two months. I use it to charge two iPod shuffles, generation 1. The charger works great. It can do a full charge from dead to full in 3 hours. Charging the Ipods off a USB cable is problematic at best. On my windows box I can't charge the iPods at all. On my iMac I can but it takes twice as long as compared with this charger.

The batteries in the iPods are terrible. They discharge just sitting around. With the iMac I have it set to turn of at 3 AM to save ware and tare on a $2500 piece of equipment. It makes much more since to plug up an iPod to a $10.00 dedicated charger and leave it charging and or topping off all night so the unit is ready to go in the morning.

As an aside, iPods very occasionally burst into flames so using this unit with an extension cord means I can place the iPod and charger where if a fire were to occur, less damage would be done.

Also note that IPod batteries and other lithium ion rechargeable batteries do develop memory issues so iPods should be run down and recharged fully every 30 cycles or so. Never leave a lithium ion battery totally discharged for more than a day and store unused lithium ion batteries with approximately 40 - 60% charge in a cool place like 40 degrees F. A good storage place would be a refrigerator.

I highly recommend this product. The folding 110 jack works great. perfect for travel as well as home.
on December 2, 2013
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE. Mine arrived defective and customer support was horrible and useless. This is a poorly designed and functioning product. A total waste.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 15, 2013
This worked fine in the US, but I plugged my iPhone in in Germany and in 5 seconds the inside of the phone was melted and fused!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse