Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sturgill Simpson Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

100%
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$3.99

on February 13, 2014
I have never read a stream of consciousness book. But I do read a lot, everything from the great to the utter crap. I mean not Twighlight bad, but you know. Anyway, I Remember is one of the great books I've had the honor to read. It was a sensory trip through time, experienced as memories truly are: as they come. Everything from fleeting childhood memories of toys and favorite foods, to the lasting impact of first snow and selfish lovers. It also made me horny. If you have a penis, I advise keeping tissues handy.

-Ash Sin
on February 7, 2012
"I Remember," Shane Allison's latest book of poems, is an epic "memoir" spanning the poet's life thus far. It's a roaming, rolling, bouncing, bobbing skip-down-memory-lane...until you're smacked in the face or punched in the gut with a zinger so surprising and severe the image sticks with you as if you experienced it yourself. These "memories" are not in any specific chronological order, forcing the reader to bob, weave and duck. Some of the childhood memories/images are beautiful and simple, funny and odd, memories that might feel familiar to most of us. Then WHAM!! You're hit with what feels like a blunt object--an image that stops you in your tracks. Your heart rises into your throat, and your stomach does its "creepy dance." Then, you move to the next line to find another sparkling gem from a fairly typical life that might make you smile or laugh.
What I loved about "I Remember" was never knowing what lurked around the corner; not knowing when a "memory" of joy or shame or regret or anger or pleasure would rise up out of nowhere, grabbing me by the throat, and knocking the wind out of me for a few moments. But you don't want to put it down. A little like watching a horror film, you just feel something awful is coming and you have no idea how to brace yourself, but you can't keep your eyes off the screen.
"I Remember" is beautifully written. It's sweet, sexy, slimy, touching, funny, disturbing. But above all, it's memorable. You will not forget the impact of these "frozen moments" [from the publisher's note on the back] for a long time.
on February 16, 2012
One of my favorite books all year. "I Remember", takes you on a journey through the life of Shane Allison in amazing detail that makes it hard to put the book down. This book will give you a flood of memories and make you blush at times...it also taught me that Shane and I had very similar lives...I LOVED IT!!!!
on February 5, 2012
Shane Allison writes from the heart. He is able to call up a touching "coming of age" book of poetry. He deals with tough issues such as race, sex, and bullying. Growing up in Florida and moving to New York is told in all details and emotions, a life is exposed and laid bare, making a powerful read and unsight into another person's life. His story in universal, with no barriers to sexual orientation or race. This goes deeper, it comes from the heart. Read, buy, share this book.