5.0 out of 5 stars Aircraft Carrier-Swordfish Plane - Torpedo-and the Menacing Bismark, March 11, 2010
This review is from: I Sank the Bismarck (Hardcover)
It`s very rare that a book can hold my concentration to completion in one full day but John Moffats exciting reflections, and his part in the thrilling,death defying, attack on the Mega all powerful German Battleship "Bismark" gives intimate details, bringing an empathising, horrorific, nail biting experience of this historic chapter of Fleet Air Arm and Royal Navy activity during the second world war. If you can imagine horrible weather,open cockpits,torpedo loaded swordfish aircraft,lining up to attack this Nazi Monster, equipped with guns designed for hell! " I Sank The Bismark" by John Moffat is one heck of a read and highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars I sank the Bismarck, May 14, 2011
A very enjoyable, easy to read book. Moffat is typical of his generation in that he participated in amazing world changing events as a young man then came back home and quietly got on with life, never asking for or expecting any sort of special treatment. I was drawn in to the story right from page one although being very familiar with the Borders area Moffat grew up in may have helped in this. All in all a very good book by an everyday hero.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read about an unsung hero, November 25, 2011
I have long felt that governments, particularly the great powers, waste money on gigantic weapons, when real security comes from solid societies and decent, simple military capability.
John Moffat proves this in "I Sank the Bismarck" The mightiest ship of its time was nailed by him in a wood and canvas biplane, flown by John along with a couple of other ordinary, but tenacioius, competent and very courageous young men.
John's book is a brilliant description of life in the war at sea, while demonstrating his humilty, and distaste for (the then unfortunately necessary) destruction and loss of lives.
I hope he gets lots of royalties from the book, to partially make up for his grossly underpaid contribution to our relatively secure life today.

I Sank the Bismarck
I Sank the Bismarck by Mike Rossiter (Hardcover - September 14, 2009)
Used & New from: $0.71