4.0 out of 5 stars My preschoolers love it!
My daughters are 4.5 & 2.5 yrs. They play this game together. They needed some assistance in the beginning but quickly caught on. My older child navigates thru the rooms very well. My younger child is able to point out objects and is learning mouse skills! They do very well as a team.

Each screen has a box of text with the objects to be found. There is an...
Published on January 27, 2008 by mom2serena

3.0 out of 5 stars unsure
Said it was compatible with Mac, but didn't' work. Gave it to my son for his kids to use on PC. Haven't heard if it worked.
Published on March 17, 2012 by Rachel S. Vail

4.0 out of 5 stars My preschoolers love it!, January 27, 2008
mom2serena (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Spy - Fantasy (Old Version) (Video Game)

Each screen has a box of text with the objects to be found. There is an 'ear' to click on if your child isn't able to read that will read the entire list of items, or you can click on each item individually to hear it what it is. The items change colors when they are found, so that you can see which ones are still left to find. Every now and then my girls require assistance finding a few items, and there's been quite a few times I wished there was a hint button because I couldn't find the item, lol. BTW, there is NOT a hint button. The game saves itself so you can stop mid-game and come back another day to play.

My age range for this is 4.5 yrs (depending on your childs skills) up thru elementary school. I enjoyed it as an adult, but went thru it quickly. There are 3 difficulty levels to each game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Naperville IL mom of two girls, 4 & 8, August 14, 2009
This review is from: I Spy - Fantasy (Old Version) (Video Game)
A+ on this ISpy game. It is easy enough for the 4 yr old to play with some assistance and the 8 yr old can play solo. I've even enjoyed it and found it fun.
A definate buy and worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Spy Fantasy, March 31, 2009
This review is from: I Spy - Fantasy (Old Version) (Video Game)
Adults in our family fight over this game!! Even tho it's rated for children, it sharpens your mind and challenges your thinking. I hope Scholastic will make more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids Age 6&9, VERY Educational AND Fun!, December 7, 2009
This review is from: I Spy - Fantasy (Old Version) (Video Game)
ALL of the I Spy games are wonderful - Fun, Educational and are great Learning Tools. My granddaughter (age 6 1/2) has a learning disability and cannot yet read. After downloading I Spy Fun House from a game site - she fell in love with the I Spy Series. We now own 6 of them and just received I Spy Fantasy. What I like about the games is that even though she cannot read - she can simply place the cursor over the text portion of what she's searching for and it reads it outloud for her again. Since she has been playing the I SPY games - she has learned many new words and is learning to recognize the alphabet and numbers. Her concept skills have improved since some of the items she searches for may say - "I see three "fours" - she's learned that this can be the actual number "4" or it can be four dots on a dice, etc. So, her skills of observation are improving daily. Because of her learning disability - she often feels frustrated and gets upset with her work but the I Spy games give her a real sense of accomplishment and pride. She's so very happy when she completes a level and collects a game piece or a token or an ingredient for making "shrinking soup" to escape from the Spooky Mansion - she then puts all of the clues together and solves the game for each level we play. I highly recommend these games - all of them - for plain old FUN for the kids, but also for a great educational tool. I don't think you would be disappointed with any of the game titles but we especially love Spooky House and Fantasy - and, now, I SPY Mystery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, July 20, 2008
This review is from: I Spy - Fantasy (Old Version) (Video Game)
I got this pc game when my grandson was 3. He is now almost 6 and he still digs it out when he comes over. His 3 year old sister now enjoys it too. Of course she needs help but she loves the mermaid adventure and the princess adventure. I also have I Spy Spooky Mansion and they love that one too. I even find the games fun to play. My 10 year old granddaughter enjoys them, as well. This is great quality time for parents or grandparents and I highly recommend it. I am looking into buying more Scholastic CD games (maybe, Math Mission) as they are very educational. Money well spent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for kids!, April 25, 2009
This review is from: I Spy - Fantasy (Old Version) (Video Game)
My kids love playing this game! It is fun for my six-year-old and his sister, who is three, loves to spy things too. The game includes three levels of difficulty for three different themes: ocean, medieval, and space. As you play each puzzle, you collect different items for the final challenge. It is fun enough that my son has played through it several times. We will be getting another I Spy game soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars never gets old, February 20, 2014
This review is from: I Spy - Fantasy (Old Version) (Video Game)
im using my mom's account, and i love this game, even though i am 13 years old. i think that everyone should buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought it for my grandkids, May 19, 2013
This review is from: I Spy - Fantasy (Old Version) (Video Game)
I bought it for my twin grand daughters when they were younger, but the cd got scratched up by the time their younger sister and brother wanted to play it. so I had to buy another one. It is great to let them find the things and find the clues. thank u

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all ages, May 5, 2013
This review is from: I Spy - Fantasy (Old Version) (Video Game)
Purchased this game for kids (age 7 & 13). They fight over it, but so do the adults. A fun diversion, even if the voice is sometimes annoying (the kids don't seem to mind, and you can play without sound if you like). Also, I was able to use Roxio to burn a backup copy that works fine, which I like to do with older discs that might get scratched or damaged.

One thing to note: you must have the disc inserted in computer to play. No biggie.

Check out the other I Spy games, they are all pretty fun for most ages.

4.0 out of 5 stars I Spy is great, January 13, 2013
This review is from: I Spy - Fantasy (Old Version) (Video Game)
We love all the ISpy games, books and computer games. My son has been doing them since he was 2. He is 6 and never gets tired of them. This game is worth it.

I Spy - Fantasy (Old Version)
I Spy - Fantasy (Old Version) by Scholastic (Windows XP Home Edition)
$29.95 $6.81