4.0 out of 5 stars nice lamp, but think about the details
I use this lamp every day for reading, and I love it. I don't mind the daylight spectrum color, and the design allows you to put the light just where you need it. The fits and finishes are very high quality. It's amazing to think that such a great reading light consumes only 10 watts.

But be careful about the 10-watt power consumption. That's what it consumes...
Published on October 16, 2008 by J. Wayland Eheart

3.0 out of 5 stars Koncept LED lamp
It is a modern and good lamp with good lighting and it dimmable but had to send it back as it did not turn on after 6 months.
Published on August 19, 2009 by V. Nakagawa

4.0 out of 5 stars nice lamp, but think about the details, October 16, 2008
J. Wayland Eheart (east central Illinois) - See all my reviews

But be careful about the 10-watt power consumption. That's what it consumes when it's on, but, since it uses a low-voltage transformer, it consumes some power even when it's off--unless you have it on a switched outlet. That's what I do, so I am satisfied. But if you just plug the transformer-plug into an always-live outlet, you (and the planet) may be worse off than if you'd used a CF in a regular lamp.

4.0 out of 5 stars LED lamp lacks little, December 3, 2009
This review is from: I-Tower High Power LED Floor Lamp- Metal Black/Cool Generation 2
This is one of fairly few "native" LED lamps available today, and for that it gets a gold star.

Pros: The lamp itself is very good looking, highly adjustable, and puts out a good bit of light for a floor/reading lamp. Very little power consumption. Dimmable.
Cons: The cool hue is not for everyone. The joint between the lamp and the base feels a little weak.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it but have to leave it, April 19, 2012
Order ID 103-5879682-2957041:

I purchased two of these lamps, and generally speaking have very much liked the product. However, not long after the purchase, I had to return one of them, because it stopped working. Now, the replacement is not working properly, and I'm certain that I remember the LCD's are supposed to last 50,000 hours. Had I left this lamp ON for 24 hours a day since April, 2009, which I have certainly not done,[a more likely number of hours of use would be 6 hours a day] I calculate that the lamp would have only 26,000 hours. What is your warranty, and can I expect this lamp to last a mere three years?

Their response:
Hello James,

So sorry to hear this news. Koncept is one of our highest quality lighting brands, and we never hear this type of news regarding any of their lamps. Unfortunately, you are quite past our 30 day return period and Koncept's one year warranty period. However, you may contact Koncept and inquire as to any offering they may have for you. Their phone# is 323-261-8999.

Kind regards,
Debrah
Customer Service
Sun & Moon Ecolight LLC

Buyer Beware: When you have a guarantee of 50,000 hours be suspicious. Especially when you pay $200.00. Now I'm stuck with one that works and one that doesn't.

3.0 out of 5 stars Koncept LED lamp, August 19, 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars I-Tower, April 5, 2010
I love this lamp. It's a great reading light beside the sofa and my wife spins the light to face the ceiling to create tv watching illumination. The light head plugs into the rest of the lamp like a headphone jack, so you can spin it around without worrying about twisting wires. Cons: The base is light but you have so much leverage and the articulation is stiff enough that you would need a cinder block to not make adjustment a two handed a fair. Price is a little high. That being said I bought a four led I-Tower desk lamp and used the clamp to attach it to my bed headboard. Loved it to.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Product for a Massively Undeserved Price, January 28, 2012
First, why do I have to give this product any stars. It deserves none!

Next, as if my title does not say it all, I am not happy with this product. Sure, it produces light when it decides to turn on (not to mention that it is sometimes fickle about turning off, too). But, it rarely lets you cycle all the way up through all four brightnesses and cycling down one level at a time rarely ever works either. It took but two days for this lamp to stop functioning properly (specifically, its responding to the + and - push buttons). I would not recommend anyone line the pockets of this design company and that they instead go find a lamp for a decent price. In this case, you do get what you pay for: bad karma for spending almost $200 on a piece of metal with 6 LED lamps and a shaky base.

On to finding out how I can receive a refund...

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good, April 15, 2010
Gene Bean "Tony" (Cincinnati, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This is without a doubt the best floor lamp for reading or ? It stays cool, so you can get it close to your head and not feel the heat as you can with incadescent lamps that have to be handled with gloves so as not to shorten their already short lives. LED's are forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars the best lamp, February 16, 2012
I have two of these lamps now. They are unique and stylish and the swiveling head is so convenient. I point the light at my ceiling to light the whole room, or point the bulbs downward when I am studying. Assembly was very simple. The 3 dimness levels only add to the versatility of this lamp. Everyone who sees this lamp at my place loves it as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars My best lamp investment yet, June 16, 2011
The LED doesn't run as hot as a light bulb would. And definitely should last way longer (not to mention use less electricity). The adjustable arms make it very easy for me to direct light where I need it. This is one my best home office investments I have made.

Only thing that I have against it: is that you can only power on and off the device through the button. You can't plug it into a wall and expect it to remember that it was on when you disconnect the power.

Overall, best lamp I have ever purchased, would purchase again if I need good lighting in the future again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for computer task lighting, December 8, 2010
W. Dearman (New York City) - See all my reviews
I use this lamp over my computer monitor to reduce eye strain. I've had it for one day and it works well. The lamp bends in two places, as shown, which allows me to have it at the perfect height. The LEDs are not bright enough to light a whole room, but strong enough for task lighting. Best of all they don't get hot when left on for hours. I've read that many LED lights have a high frequency flicker, but this lamp does not seem to have that problem, even when dimmed. Also, I have the lamp plugged into the same power source as my monitors and am not getting the EM distortion you get when plugging in some devices into the same source as your computer. My only wish for the lamp would be for the top segment to pivot from side to side so you could have a lighting angle other than straight up. Over all love the lamp.

Rate and Discover Movies