5.0 out of 5 stars Hope radio doesn't overplay this and ruin this song, January 8, 2012
G Yancey (Charleston, SC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Won't Give Up (MP3 Music)
The official video of this song is beautiful. Rare and unique! Beautiful lyrics and music.
Thanks to all the poets and artists who take a chance by believing in themselves enough to pursue their dreams, then give us such beautiful songs. I am in awe of songwriters who put into words what I feel but can't express.

Thank you Jason Mraz.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my autism theme song!, March 31, 2012
This review is from: I Won't Give Up (MP3 Music)
This song "I won't give up on you" by Jason Mraz describes my inner most feelings about my relationship raising a child with autism and NOW, twenty years later...care giving an adult with autism. It is the most beautiful rendition of my strife, my devotion, my determination, my hope and my mother's love for my daughter who mysteriously follows not the rules of this planet yet has so much to teach us all. Thank you Jason Mraz for touching a mother's heart with this significant gift you have given the world!!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Acoustic Jason, January 14, 2012
This review is from: I Won't Give Up (MP3 Music)
For Jason Mraz, he has had a impossible gamble, to try and follow-up with his massive hit I'm Yours. But, he honestly has delivered well with his latest single I Won't Give Up. His first new song in 4 years, and I was surprised at how good the song actually is. It follows well with his classic delights that he has made distinctively like The Remedy and Lucky with Colbie Calliat. I am very eager to see and hear what he comes up with for his next album. Hopefully, it will be just as good as I Won't Give Up had showed. It is a simple song, but very true to Jason's songwriting. I am very eager to hear what is coming up soon from him.

Song: B

5.0 out of 5 stars Great track!, April 12, 2013
This review is from: I Won't Give Up (MP3 Music)
Lyrically this song is amazing. A great “love story” if you will. Jason Mraz has a great presence and voice, but the story he tells in this song is powerful. Not giving up on his partner no matter what and always standing beside them no matter what. Will be using this song as the “first dance” at my wedding :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful song, March 17, 2012
This review is from: I Won't Give Up (MP3 Music)
Whenever my partner and I need to be reminded why we are still together struggling to keep our relationship beautiful, we listen to this song together. We ae so in love but life gets in the way and this song brings it all back to what is important. Love how J knows what lovers really want to hear, not a bunch of bedroom stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Job Mr. Mraz, March 5, 2012
This review is from: I Won't Give Up (MP3 Music)
The sound quality of I Won't Give Up is not the best, but this song is definitely his best one yet. I hope he comes out with more work like this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mraz Takes a Risk, January 18, 2012
This review is from: I Won't Give Up (MP3 Music)
Jason Mraz is back with new material - finally.

"I Won't Give Up" is one of his brightest successes, having crashed into the Top 10 of the Hot 100 on the exclusive strength of paid downloads. This indicates the loyalty of Mraz's fan base, which he has steadily accumulated through over a decade of perfecting his art in front of live audiences.

Still, "I Won't Give Up" is a questionable choice as a radio single, especially the lead single from his forthcoming album, due out in May.

Granted, its subject matter - an altruistic search for intimacy, belonging and camaraderie, all starting with one person - is typical for Mraz (perhaps too typical), and it also happens to be a strong song. His delivery is confident, considered and certainly compelling.

It differs from Mraz's Grammy-winning "Make It Mine" (which was, amazingly, not a hit) or "I'm Yours" (which certainly was) in that its melody is not straightforward and its tempo is not consistent. It has a rather scattered feel and arrangement, veering between Mraz singing both high and loud and soft and mellow. It is also four minutes in length and takes 90 seconds to reach its chorus - in the minds of radio station programmers, a long time.

It is lyrically satisfying, and a couple of verses are reminiscent of past tunes such as "Please Don't Tell Her" and "If It Kills Me." It certainly communicates Mraz's persona and philosophy clearly and effectively.

It is hard not to initially wish for something a bit more well-rounded, direct and soulful when considering prior singles such as "Make It Mine" or "You and I Both," or even albums cuts like "Clockwatching" which could have easily been hits. He must be commended, though, for a change of pace.

"I'm Yours" hardly sounded like the rest of what was on the airwaves in 2008 and it shattered records and continues to receive massive airplay; lack of conventionality has paid off for Mraz in the past. Still, "I Won't Give Up," while strong, is a risky choice for a single. It has surely already been labeled by many station programmers as too winding and complex for heavy radio rotation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome song, singer, composer, July 14, 2014
This review is from: I Won't Give Up (MP3 Music)
AWSOME song! AWESOME singer.....composer. Gotta get this if you have a discerning taste in great music! This song says it all, about NOT quitting....like everyone seems to be doing nowadays...sad. But this song gives me hope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 8, 2014
Great Music!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 5, 2014
This review is from: I Won't Give Up (MP3 Music)
The word of the song, say it all !!!

I Won't Give Up