Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 9, 2006 4:54:07 PM PDT
Life says:
Some might bash me, but I honestly wish there were more "madeas" around. The community is sorely missing them and some don't even apprehend it. Perry's Madea is one of the funniest, most enjoining, in your face characters I have had the "shake my head" of witnessing since navigating around a select few of the commanding "Sunday morning go to meeting" elders of my Georgia Baptist childhood who have mostly moved on up a little higher. Y'all know the ones. With the hungry hawk eyes; ears that could tell you when a tree fell in Timbuktu; vocal cords strong as Patti LaBelle's; and the long, skinny, stinging switches that they wielded expertly enough to battle Zorro. The ones who would embarass you in public places when you forgot one of the "to do or not to do rules." The sames ones that would send a little "bad behind young-un" running for dear life, shouting after him to come back, if he dared, and bring his ma (or worse). If you had Madea living next door, you might call her a bane. But, she might just be the best remedy there is for down in the dumps, for more respect, and for more caring. And Tyler "ain't" bad! Isn't he the cutest thing? Madea might just try to "drop it like it's hot!"

(For the English buffs, it was not a mistake. I meant to use it. If this doesn't make sense to you, it wasn't meant for you and just have a nice day!)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2006 9:35:52 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 9, 2006 9:36:32 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2006 5:08:23 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 11, 2006 5:09:10 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2008 7:51:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2008 7:53:16 AM PDT
Maya Angelou says:
I concur. This world needs a lot more Madea's. The African Proverb "It takes a village to raise a child" comes into mind here.
Where are the days when by the time you got home from school, your momma knew who you were with today, how many classes you went or DID NOT go to. Whether you walked straight home from school or stopped at the creek on the way home...etc.etc. That isn't prison folks, its other people caring about other people. Loving your neighbour means looking out for their well being.
I won't rant...but this world has gone to $%^*. And it started when people started telling people to mind their own business. Pride comes before the fall and we are witnessing the fall people.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Apr 9, 2006
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings
Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings by Tyler Perry (Audio CD - February 1, 2007)
4.5 out of 5 stars (205)