Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 2, 2009 3:22:46 PM PDT
I am longtime reader of the pioneerwoman.com blog and all its many offerings: great recipes, beautiful photography, homeschooling information, laughter, and so much more. Ree is the real thing and she is quite a charmer with a great wit and so many talents. Go to her website and you will see why so many people read her blog! I am a huge admirer and I look forward to receiving my cookbook! TRY THIS BOOK - you won't be disappointed!

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 8:07:34 AM PDT
I can't wait either!

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 1:48:55 PM PDT
YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 2:02:39 PM PDT
Val says:
Ree Rocks ! Love her website, can't wait for the cookbook! I hope her cinnamon roll recipe is in there, it's worth the price of the whole book alone!

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 8:25:43 PM PDT
A. Cornelio says:
I think the best part is all the new recipes it will have! I am a huge fan of her blog, and I cant wait to have my book!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2009 8:42:54 PM PDT
Lynda Foote says:
Ree will make you want to cook butter......er, um.....BETTER!!! : )

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2009 12:27:47 PM PDT
Mmmm.... I can't wait! I'm a huge fan of the blog.

Posted on Sep 4, 2009 5:30:46 PM PDT
Buffalogal says:
This book will be quite a treat. I'm new to her blog, but I love it. I sat down one weekend and read her posts about how she and Marlboro Man met and eventually got married. It was a hoot!

I'm still wading through subsequent posts. Anybody know why it took him 4 months to call her after he met her?

Posted on Sep 6, 2009 4:47:17 AM PDT
I'm preordering 4, 3 as Christmas Presents. I love cookbooks with loads of pictures and with her delicious photos on PW I trust there will be plenty! So excited!!!

Posted on Sep 6, 2009 5:27:49 AM PDT
Hey, guys! It's Ree. Thanks for being interested in my crazy little cookbook.

Buffalogal, I couldn't resist answering your question. ;) MM was...was...was...dating someone else when we first met. He was also working away from the ranch a lot and was gone.

Val, the cin. roll recipe IS in the book. I couldn't leave it out!

A. Cornelio: there are lots of new recipes, but many "classics" from the website like the MM Sandwich, Chocolate Sheet Cake, and others I couldn't bear to leave out. So it's a mix of new and old.

Posted on Sep 8, 2009 8:12:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 24, 2009 5:49:27 PM PDT
canopy says:
Also very excited to have this book. Absolutely loooooooooooooove the PW website!!!!!! :D
I have made lots of recipes on the websites and they always get raving reviews!

Posted on Sep 9, 2009 11:28:26 AM PDT
I've also already ordered one for myself and one as a gift. The blog is set as my homepage and I've made lots of the included recipes. I tell lots of people about the website because I've enjoyed it so much. It's just beautiful, and I'm sure the book will be the same.

Posted on Sep 9, 2009 6:21:03 PM PDT
Dawn Shepler says:
I'd really like to buy it at one of her book signings, but the closest one so far is Atlanta at 5 hours away, so I've put the book on my wishlist for my 50th birthday. Hopefully my friends and family will be paying attention to my desires and not my needs and wind up getting me an ab-roller instead.

Posted on Sep 11, 2009 11:59:49 AM PDT
B. Usery says:
Can't wait!!!! I've preordered 3 for Christmas gifts for women in my family. Every time there's a new recipe on PWCooks, we are on the phone within hours and discussing when we'll make it. :)

Posted on Sep 13, 2009 7:41:22 PM PDT
Whooooo!!! Ree, I am so excited about your cookbook!! I'm buying one for myself, one for my son and one for my boss!! I'm planning to go to one of your book signings, too!!

Posted on Sep 23, 2009 9:37:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2009 9:37:41 AM PDT
(This is Nan, not my hubs Shawn!!) I'm so excited Ree and can't wait to get the book!! It's been so fun being one of your faithful bloggy friends since the day you started your blog.... what a ride! :^D Congratulations!

Everyone, get this book! You will not be disappointed and neither will all of the cooks on your Christmas list!

Posted on Sep 24, 2009 12:07:24 PM PDT
J. Birren says:
I'm soooo excited! My cooking has always been blah, mostly because I'm such a sight-learner, so recipe books mystified me. I could never get the ingredients to even remotely look like the picture in the book hahaha :) On the offchance you check the comments againg... Ree, your pictures make everything so understandable, and I've branched out and even (gasp) cooked a chicken. In a pot. I know that makes me sound dumb, but truly I was cooking-challenged. I absolutely can't wait to get this! AND WOOHOO SEE YOU IN DENVER GIRL! :) Hopefully I'll have my book already but if not OH WELL... my mom needs one of these books anyway! :) Congrats on all your success!

Posted on Oct 14, 2009 6:29:01 PM PDT
Moe says:
I am so excited to be going to a book signing....My sister "discovered" PW and shared with me. When she told me about the cookbook and that a signing is going to be so close to us--WOW oh WOW oh WOW. Yes, we are excited. You see, I have several chronic autoimmune diseases and now my sis is undergoing radiation for breast cancer. Our dear husbands are there for us as well as our kids, but not in the way that we are for each other. We make our own fun, especially if food is involved. For example, we just realized that since she is getting "beamed" at a different facility than any of mine, we have a new cafeteria and free standing food vendors to review. We definitely could make some serious money setting up our own little stand and serving portions to go using recipes from the cookbook!

Posted on Oct 18, 2009 7:49:54 AM PDT
I CANNOT wait another whole week and a day for this to come out!! My sister turned me onto her blog about a year ago and my family LOVES her recipes. I love her approach and step by step pictures...especially for someone like me who's not so confident in the kitchen. This will be a MUST among cooking enthusiasts. Can't wait.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2009 7:38:24 AM PDT
I think I recall her getting an answer from MM to this much-asked question: He was dating someone else at the time.

Posted on Oct 22, 2009 2:52:56 PM PDT
A. Sadler says:
Yeah !! The book is almost here!!! I can't wait. Between the blog and tasty kitchen I'm get myself whipped into cooking frenzies thanks to Ree!. So looking forward to getting the book!

Posted on Jan 9, 2010 5:43:31 PM PST
Recipe Diva says:
I'm a scratch cook and addicted to cookbooks, I will admit, but I was very disappointed by this book. I doesn't have very many recipes, to begin with, being mostly pretty pictures of the countryside, cows, horses, and I assume, her children. Not many of food. But perhaps that is just as well, as the recipes she does include are mundane, very basic, and ubiquitous. Nothing new here. I am so sorry I wasted the money. I had looked at the book on Amazon, but I didn't realize that the only decent recipe in the book was the one they let you see. If you like pictures of farm animals you'll probably like the book. If you want good recipes with a bit of originality, save your money for a better cookbook.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  22
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Sep 2, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 9, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl
The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl by Ree Drummond (Hardcover - October 27, 2009)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (1,462)