Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Shop Now STEM Toys & Games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 19, 2013 8:21:30 PM PDT
Marie says:
I don't care, you can complain about the graphics all you want but I'm still getting this game (since I don't have a Wii U). Smash Bros. is still Smash Bros.

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 3:46:00 PM PDT
Haruka says:
Getting this too, but that's only because I don't have a WiiU...yet. I'll probably get one when X comes out, and then I might double dip on this game.

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 3:38:23 PM PDT
It isn't entirely a double dip. The characters are the same between games, but each has exclusive stages.

Posted on Jun 23, 2013 8:30:40 PM PDT
T.Crackel says:
I like the graphic in this version better. I have a hard time telling the Wii U and Brawl version apart. Plus this version will still look just as good years from now.

Posted on Jun 25, 2013 1:04:11 PM PDT
GamersGame says:
I'm getting the 3DS version to see how/if they use the portability to their advantage.

Posted on Jun 27, 2013 4:52:42 PM PDT
N. Gallagher says:
You haven't looked hard enough if you haven't seen a difference between Brawl and Smash Bros. (Wii U). It's *completely* different in looks.

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 1:23:37 PM PDT
Robin Glick says:
I'm getting both versions since I love smash bros and they are different.

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 8:36:55 AM PDT
JR says:
I'll most likely get the Wii U version first. And if I like what the 3DS has (the 3D effect would be really awesome) then I will get it for the 3DS as well. ^_^

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 8:13:56 AM PDT
We'll see how good this one is compared to Brawl.

Posted on Dec 1, 2013 5:57:50 AM PST
I'll get the 3DS version for two reasons:
1.) The cel-shaded graphics type adds charm
2.) I can play it anywhere I want, while I would have to be glued to my T.V. in the living room on the Wii U version

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 11:46:29 PM PDT
Jimi says:
Smash Bros. is an essential living room experience with you and 3 of your friends duking it out. I would only get the 3ds version if I had multiple friends to play with, and even then it would be difficult to coordinate and lag kills a game like Smash.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 24, 2014 6:12:37 PM PDT
M. Harper says:
I don't usually get lag when i play with people in the same room. But if the lag was anything like brawl online was, then I'll start raising pitchforks again.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2014 3:27:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2014 3:27:51 AM PDT
I doubt it will be a problem. The original Wii wasn't as powerful as today's systems, and that the whole online thing was just a slapstick in the game. There's a reason why some single player features or similar modes are not in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS; they are making online improvements.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jun 19, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 25, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about