I don't know about this...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 24, 2012 12:40:47 PM PST
Killer Day says:
I LOVE the tv show but I haven't heard anything about this game. I just heard about it because I saw it on "movers and shakers".

Odds are it won't be good, I hope they prove me wrong though.

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 4:44:50 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Atlus games usually turn out to be good enough. Maybe they will throwin a $10-20 pre-order bonus as well!

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 1:01:47 PM PST
kaosrogue says:
i'm interested, hope to see more of the gameplay in the near future before decision is made. it's being developed by Cyanide, which hasn't made any great games. but most developers start off making bad to mediocre stuff before they get a project that fits. look at rocksteady with batman arkham asylum.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 10:07:13 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
The books are great so there really is a ton of potential here. The world and characters are complex but this game isn't about the main characters in the show/books. They are new characters that are doing things within the storyline. I think the other Game of Thrones game made by Cyanide was a strategy game which aren't really my thing so I can't say if their games are awful or not.

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 5:28:40 PM PDT
Ghetto Ninja says:
They need to throw in a 10-20 preorder bonus and I'll order from amazon.

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 10:14:33 AM PDT
Ben Kjolhaug says:
Ill probably just end up saving myself $50 and buy a used copy of the lost game instead

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 10:55:26 PM PDT
I'm leery, but I enjoy the IP enough to take a chance. Worst case scenario I end up with 5 gamerscore and an art book.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012 11:40:36 AM PDT
Ryan says:
Looks like a pretty good preorder but im kind of skeptical at the moment. Id hate to order it and it turns out being garbage.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 7:43:38 AM PDT
Cholula says:
NO PC version?

Here is a review looks like poo
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/03/30/game-of-thrones-deserves-a-better-class-of-video-game/

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 1:22:31 PM PDT
S. Sharpe says:
That Forbes article is a little silly, considering that the Witcher series, some of the best - if not the best - modern RPGs have a single protagonist you always play as.

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 10:39:32 AM PDT
kaosrogue says:
that Forbes article doesn't reference a review, it references an article from kotaku in which the writer wishes the game of thrones game was going to be a different type of RPG. Not all RPGs allow you to choose multiple classes or customize your characters. Now, i don't think the game is going to be great, but i am actually looking forward to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2012 4:36:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 9, 2012 4:36:32 PM PDT
Well the article is wrong. The game may very well be crap, but the reasons he has given are incorrect. He states "You can't be a Hedge Knight, you can't be a bandit, you can't be a Bravoosi. You can't even choose your gender." While it's true that you can't choose your gender, you can choose to play as a hedge knight or a water dancer. Each of the two characters has three distinct play styles which include hedge knight for one character and water dancer for the other. I don't remember all of the other play styles but I know that Landed Knight and Sellsword are among them. You can hear about them in the video in this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-KzAaSii3M

Posted on May 13, 2012 11:04:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012 5:37:45 PM PDT
So we now have articles that quote blogs? Lol. I can't believe someone would write an entire article without doing any investigation into what he/she is writing about except for hearsay.

That being said, we don't know much about this game. It could very well be terrible. However, implying that a game isn't a true RPG because it isn't sandbox-style like Skyrim shows just how little the author of the Kotaku blog knows about RPGs. One of the greatest CRPGs, Baldur's Gate, allows you to gather companions, but you essentially play as one character (the Bhaalspawn). The Witcher is the same way (except without companions). I love Skyrim, but I wish people who started with "The Elder Scrolls" wouldn't assume they are experts on all things RPG.

Posted on May 13, 2012 8:14:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2012 8:15:18 PM PDT
JadedGamer says:
@ Cholula: There is a digital PC version. I've seen it on Steam.

Posted on May 14, 2012 8:16:38 AM PDT
Kruger says:
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 8:18:16 AM PDT
Not only that, but the "open world" is a relatively new development in RPGs. Sure, every game is now following that trend...and other genres are following suit as well...but it isn't the status quo for RPGs.

What is status quo is earning XP, gaining levels, improving skills, interacting with NPCs in order to push the story forward...those are your RPG staples that have been around since the beginning. Sandbox is just a new trend.

Posted on May 14, 2012 11:47:39 PM PDT
Adam says:
I'm going to be honest... I don't think the game will be great, but it hardly looks like a disaster either, and in general there are many IPs (Intellectual Properties) that deserve better games than end up getting but as a regular reader of Kotaku I can honestly say that Luke Plunkett is a hack who regularly writes trash/sensational articles for the shake of getting more clicks... And he is the last person whose opinion I would want in regard to video game or anything else.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Feb 24, 2012
Latest post:  May 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Game of Thrones (Art Book Bundle)
Game of Thrones (Art Book Bundle) by Atlus (Xbox 360)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (30)