Customer Discussions > Back to Bedlam forum

I hate James Blunt

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 18, 2006 7:58:36 PM PDT
J. L. Drake says:
I agree with the bad reviews, which by the way are hilarious and frightfully accurate. James Blunt is sooooo annoying and has the creepiest voice to accompany creepy and childish lyrics. And what about the name Blunt, I guarantee this toolbag changed his last name to Blunt cause he likes pot so much, which is way too obvious in his crappy lyrics. All he sings about is being high and stalkin women who are dating other people.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2006 8:00:05 AM PDT
acltaos says:
I'll tell you what I told the other loser - keep your hatred to yourself, the world has enough already.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2006 1:19:27 PM PST
Analog says:
Such harsh remarks, acltaos. Sounds kinda hateful.
I agree. Blunt is the ultimate pinnacle of suckitude. But as far as I'm concerned "artists" like James Blunt, Christina Aguilera, Brittny Spears, Justin Timberlake, etc... are not really musicians at all, so to speak. They're entertainers, and there's a huge difference. Entertainers may write music, not for the love of music, but for the love of money and acceptance in the public eye. Music should be written from the heart, not written in hopes of attaining celebrity status and becoming an overnight success. When I listen to music, I have a sixth sense. I can tell who puts an honest effort into writing songs, and who does it in hopes of achieving fame and fortune. Unfortunately, the public seems to lack this sixth sense and accept people like Blunt. Not only that, they will swear upon their mother's grave that this guy is talented.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2006 10:25:55 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 2, 2006 10:26:39 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2006 10:28:10 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 7, 2007 7:29:27 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2006 12:47:11 AM PST
Dale Hooper says:
Sixth Sense? WTF? How the hell does one associate James Blunt to Christina Agulilera, Spears or Timberlake? R&B vs Pop Rock? Did you even listen to this album?? Or are you just bored as crap trying to fill in the time between entertaining yourself and annoying others???

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2006 1:06:02 AM PST
Dale Hooper says:
Dave Matthews has an annoying voice and crappy lyrics as well. So did Kurt Cobain, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Johnny Cash, as well as Chris Martin. Some would obviously disagree but then that would be just my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2007 4:30:55 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 2, 2013 12:40:30 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2007 11:39:37 PM PST
Dale Hooper says:
I agree that MTV has single-handedly promoted an insurmountable amount of trash over the years but to accuse each and every entertainer that becomes famous by it is ridiculous. As far as elaborating on this Simon Cowell "Sixth Sense" of yours; really just comes down to your specific taste in obviously a narrow genre of music, or else you would have better examples than just pop stars such as Timberlake, Spears or whatever. As for "the need for the love of money and acceptance in the public eye"; I hate to break this to you but ALL entertainers possess this trait or else they would of never sought a record deal to begin with. That would pretty much erase each and every artist that carries a CD or single with a record label. The amount of work that goes into obtaining one can be overwhelming; so obviously the strive for "love & acceptance in the public eye" kicks in at some point. Otherwise, they would just settle and continue to play at that local pub, bar, or in their own garage, which isn't bad. You just never get heard.

Back on James Blunt. I've listened to both "Back to Bedlam" and the live session CD and happen I like it. Not that I have to get your approval for this. It just happens because that's my specific opinion. But if you want to define "crap" and what crap truly is, try each and every "mall punk" band that's come out since Bad Religion and Pennywise fell off the map. That's my Sixth Sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2007 3:59:17 PM PST
music fan says:
my sixth sense tells me that james blunt sings and writes his music from his heart,, i think back to bedlam is an excellent cd, i watched him on a pbs special peforming and he is very talented and puts a lot of emotion into his music...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2007 11:17:15 AM PDT
Sue says:
Why do some of you insist on bashing someone that you hate? Wouldn't it be much easier and better for you to talk about someone that you admire or truly like to listen to?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2007 1:20:29 AM PDT
Humming bird says:
I do agree he must do some kind of drugs. Why else would he have stamped on his cd a picture of a prozac capsule? And could someone please tell me what that dancing monkey type thing on the cd cover with the crown on his head is supposed to be?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2008 12:09:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 28, 2008 12:25:10 AM PDT
Dliteful says:
Dude, you are such a retard. What do you like to listen to if you don't like James Blunt? His music is sentimental and heartfelt. Instead, you bash his music because you're clearly a first class loser with nothing better to do and not enough sense to keep your lack of taste a secret known only to yourself.

Posted on Feb 8, 2009 9:23:57 PM PST
K. Sesow says:
As I truly believe that all artists aim ot sell themselves in one way or another, I think whether or not you like James Blunt depends upon the type of music you prefer and whether or not his lyrics touch your heart. Either way is perfectly fine, as everyone is entitled to his or her opinions. If you are going to have a negative opinion that is so strong though, you should at least be able to back it up with some examples. What lyrics sound "childish" to you? What aspect of James Blunt is annoying and why? In what ways other than making money is James Blunt similar to Christina Aguilara (who by the way released an album with more meaning in "Back to Bsics) or Justin Timberlake? If you can't answer any of these questions, how can you expect any reasonable person to agree with your opinion?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2010 7:47:07 AM PDT
Corey says:
How could you say that James Blunt doesn't love what he does and doesn't put any heart and soul into it? I don't think we're listening to the same CD then. The man was a soldier for years and saw many things that everyday people never see. He's been through the heartbreaking times that many of us experience every day. I don't think James could be the kind of person who goes out there only for the money. Besides, artists like Aguilera and Spears are in a completely different "genre" so to speak. Kids will eat that stuff up anytime it comes on the radio. But I digress, James has been writing alot of these songs since he was in his country's military. Your "sixth sense" in music must be severely blinded because you did just compare him to Aguilera, Spears, and Timberlake. They're the major posers of any sort of music next to Lil' Wayne. Maybe you should listen to what is going in your ears because James Blunt is more than meets the ear. lol :P

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2010 7:50:57 AM PDT
Corey says:
James Blunt never asked to be put on MTV. He's not even from this country. Most artists actually dont ask to be on MTV or anything at all. They're nothing when they release their debut tracks. It comes from recognition of the public that companies such as MTV would even consider associating with them. So dont tell me that he's in it for the money. He's been writing his songs for YEARS, not days. He is a very heartfelt singer even if he has a very awkward voice. The man can write, thats all i have to say

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2010 7:52:20 AM PDT
Corey says:
Thank you
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Back to Bedlam forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Jul 18, 2006
Latest post:  Mar 16, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Back to Bedlam
Back to Bedlam by James Blunt (Audio CD - 2005)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (485)