Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

I have a probably dumb question

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 4, 2010 6:26:13 PM PDT
Sarai Burgan says:
Ok, I'm trying to find the whole "trilogy" of "The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy" as a Christmas present for my boyfriend. My dumb question is....does this "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" book have all of the books? Well besides the one written by Eoin Colfer, the one called "And Another Thing..."?

Please tell me it does, because this will make buying this series for him soooo much easier.

Posted on Nov 8, 2010 6:11:05 AM PST
R. Mitchell says:
Yes, this does have them all, except for Eoin Colfer's.

Posted on Nov 15, 2010 7:20:12 PM PST
Raleigh2222 says:
Actually the trilogy had 4 books, (After you read them you'll understand), "Hitchhiker's Guide", "Restaurant at the End of the Galaxy", "Life, the Universe, and Everything", and "So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish." This book has all four plus a bonus short story. If your boyfriend wants the trilogy, this will make his day.

Posted on Nov 18, 2010 6:35:49 AM PST
R. Mitchell says:
This edition also has "Mostly Harmless" the fifth book Douglas Adams wrote in this "trilogy"

Posted on Jan 10, 2011 3:38:49 PM PST
Yep, a long time ago (in the mid 90's?) I recall a version similar to this one that had (at the time) all 4 books of the trilogy. This release has revised history and now has all 5 books in the trilogy as well as the bonus short story. They do work best together as I'd imagine trying to read these out of order or jump into a later book out of sequence would be confusing, and not the kind of good confusing that the books are meant to be.

Posted on Apr 5, 2011 11:16:47 PM PDT
actually forget about Eoin Colfer's sixth book and get Starship Titanic by Adams and Terry Jones.

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 5:05:29 PM PDT
Yeah... I liked Colfer's "Artemis Fowl" but "And Another Thing..." wasn't all that great. They should've got Terry Pratchett to do the sixth.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2010
Latest post:  Jun 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (Paperback - April 30, 2002)
4.7 out of 5 stars (1,640)