Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation
Customer Discussions > Nintendo 3DS - Flame Red forum

I have seen the light!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 1, 2012 8:14:37 PM PST
If any of you guys know me, you know that I used to be a Vita lover. I have finally seen the light! I like the 3DS game line-up better, and I have always love Nintendo the most. Do you think I should wait for a revision? And what color should I get? I am so glad I didn't buy a PS Expensive. I mean VITA. Also, I don't know very much about the 3DS, so could you give me some tips? Thanks!
-The new and improved, Brickery 2.0

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 4:11:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 4, 2012 4:22:21 PM PST
Grant says:
I'm in the same place. Ive been gaming for 15 years and time has told that the 3DS is here to stay. If a revision is coming anytime soon it will most likely be announced at E3 in June. That would mean waiting at least another 6 months after that (provided the revision is released in time for Christmas) to play 3DS.
I plan on buying 3DS before that for these reasons.
You have to consider what a revision is going to add and if those things are worth the wait.
The current 3DS offers everything the current lineup of games needs and games like the recent Resident Evil prove a 2nd analog nub isn't needed. As far as improvements are concerned battery life will be a huge difference. Besides that I just cant see Nintendo adding a bunch of extras to closer match the vitas features. Nintendo has always been all about the games. The Gamecube was proof of that. They will sooner alienate the players that want more from a video game console than provide a more expensive console will specs on par with the competition. I ramble.
The next iteration will probably include a much better battery life, larger screens similar to the DSiXL and maybe a 2nd analog nub but with the introduction of the attachable analog nub that's a definite maybe.
Bottom Line: I would go ahead and buy a 3DS now. Future iterations will be improvements over what's currently available similar to the jump from DSi to DSiXL rather than the jump from DSLite to DSi. Have faith. Ill be buying my Black 3DS off newegg with a copy of Zelda:OOT next week.

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 3:50:31 PM PST
Actually the 3Ds was the same price as the Vita when it was first released, so you can't exactly throw rocks at Sony about the price the Vita is going for right now. While I enjoy both the Vita and 3DS I can see both pros and cons for having either one, that's why I'm glad I got both.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 7:51:39 AM PST
Actually, I was throwing rocks at both companies for trying to rip-off the consumer. But whatever.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 11:18:51 AM PST
Grant says:
Well Ill go ahead and assume that for at least the next year, the Vita's price won't be dropping, revisions won't be made, and the 3DS will have more quality games through out both consoles full life span.

Posted on Mar 11, 2012 5:59:22 PM PDT
How many mario games can you play?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Mar 1, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nintendo 3DS - Flame Red
Nintendo 3DS - Flame Red by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.5 out of 5 stars (509)