Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 23, 2011 7:59:21 AM PST
I have a doubt about when does amazon charge you the price of the game. This will be charged when it came out?

Posted on Feb 23, 2011 8:04:44 AM PST
Thiamath says:
Amazon charges you when they ship the item to you, not before, so you can preorder now, your credit card will be charged the day Amazon sent you the game, in the meantime you can even cancel the preorder and they will not charge you a single cent, so preorder witouth fear.....;)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2011 8:09:48 AM PST
Thank you very much :D I will. I'm also preordering L.A. Noire.

Posted on Feb 25, 2011 11:06:53 AM PST
and you can use amazon game credit as well, but that will be applied, or "charged"

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2011 11:08:36 AM PST
Very interesting :D

Posted on Feb 25, 2011 5:47:58 PM PST
whatever says:
Why do people pre-order? I haven't seen a game with a 'sold out' problem since back in the NES days & the last I remember from then is Super Mario Brothers 2. I've been paying attention to the major releases (God of War 3, the Halos, Madden Footballs, Call of Duties, etc) & have never seen one of those sold out in stores the day they came out.
Just buy it in a store the day it comes out, then you don't have to wait for transit via UPS or Fedex.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2011 7:43:25 PM PST
If I lived in USA I'll definitly do that. But I live in Santo Domingo, and games are a lot cheaper in amazon. You see new realeses in 80 or 90 dollars.

Posted on Feb 25, 2011 9:03:29 PM PST
K. Wendt says:
@whatever-Sometimes it's a smart move, like with the first run of Super Mario All-Stars for Wii. Also, you can avoid paying sales tax and, since this is being released on a Friday, it'll almost certainly have Release Date delivery

Posted on Feb 28, 2011 3:24:57 PM PST
Luffy says:
Pre-orders sometimes have a bonus. For MvC3 it was a $10 credit towards your next purchase.

Posted on Mar 12, 2011 11:01:09 AM PST
D. Mui says:
If your going to get a game anyways its ALWAYs best to preorder it here on amazon. Because then you will get the best price for the game. The game prices fluctuate and arent always 59.99 sometimes it drops lower and amazon will give you the best price from when you preordered it to when its shipped.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2011 8:13:46 AM PDT
Call of Duty: Black Ops was sold out... and most of the time amazon has release date delivery... so why waste gas and pay tax on a game you can get shipped for free on the same day and possibly pay cheaper?

Posted on Mar 16, 2011 8:03:16 AM PDT
Whatever - I guess you don't shop at Gamestop (and I don't blame you if you don't). You can't get ANY game the day it comes out, not even if it's a major release, unless you preordered it. I remember not being able to get Bioshock the day it came out and I got there less than an hour after they opened. I went there yesterday to get a somewhat obscure game - only one location received ONE copy and it was someone's preorder. No game for me.

Posted on Mar 21, 2011 5:38:02 AM PDT
I like pre-ordering. The price guarentee is wonderful, the bonus packages you can get are great. But the real reason I love doing it, is so I don't forget to order it on the release date. And for some people who live in a video game puchasing voided area like I do (only target or kmart... otherwise known and "cherry pickers" gaming sites) I am sure to have the game when I want it. Plus I love giving the UPS man a reason to stay employed.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2011 7:23:08 AM PDT
Ted Riggs says:
We all hear about affairs with the mailman. Now we know where the stories originated.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2011 4:02:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 23, 2011 4:03:31 PM PDT
W. Morohoshi says:
To whatever's comments about buying pre-order:
There are various reasons. 1) By pre-ordering sometimes you get codes to unlock items, characters, other stuff. In Dragon Age 2 pre-orders got upgraded to signature editions. 2) In amazon's case you'll likely get the cheapest price for it with your pre-order guarantee and sometimes give a $10-$20 credit towards a future purchase. 3) Shipping is free though you don't get it on release date and amazon charges no sales tax, especially helpful to those in states with 8%-9% sales tax. 4) Some would rather not drive out on release day to buy the game. Some may live 10+ miles from a place to buy the game, is it worth a 20+ mile round trip?
On side the last game I remember selling out and being a big problem to find was SNES Street Fighter II.

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 7:50:42 AM PDT
moogle11 says:
New systems often sell out, remember the PSP, Wii, Xbox 360 & PS3, all had ridiculous after market prices close to the initial runs selling out ! Plus the free shipping & no sales tax is always a bonus, and the occasional $20 pre-order bonus does not hurt either ^^

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 8:31:03 AM PDT
Ted Riggs says:
I don't expect Skyrim to sell out. With a new system, there's no way of knowing how much interest there will be. That won't be the case with this game though. Everyone knows people will go crazy for it.

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 12:42:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2011 12:44:15 PM PDT
Smackafatty says:
Then whatever answered his own question. Why pre-order? Because if you do not, you walk away with no game...simple.

I have received several pre-order bonuses with each game, including pre-order price guarantee and zero shipping cost...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2011 1:26:07 PM PDT
Ben Linus says:
Ive been to gamestop at least 5 times where the game ran out before i got there, heavy rain, resident evil. I dont think i was alive when mario 2 came out, but you tried to buy a cod game in the last two years?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2011 9:26:40 AM PDT
Ma$$ive says:
People pre-order nowadays for pre-order content.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2011 9:25:46 PM PDT
Melfour says:
to recieve it release day or to get pre-order bonus...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2011 1:32:50 AM PDT
C. Oliver says:
That's not generally why people pre-order, unless it's truly a limited edition of a game. People pre-order for the bonuses, such as DLC, extra content, discounted price, etc.

Also, why wouldn't you order from Amazon if you're on here anyway? There's no sales tax and if you shop here regularly those store credits can be most useful. Plus, they're doing release date delivery here. I can wait until the afternoon to play this, and I won't have to waste gas going to town and back.

I guess it's mostly about convenience. Some people don't live in a city or have a nearby game retailer.

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 2:46:19 AM PDT
I hope this information is helpful: Limited-time weekend deals from Ne**gg. Pre-order Skyrim regular edition for $47.99 plus free shipping. Promo code: EMCYTZT852 (Limit 1 per customer)

Sales tax is only required for orders shipping to destinations where we have or may have nexus for state tax purposes under applicable laws. All orders shipping to California, New Jersey and Tennessee will be charged state sales tax according to the rates appropriate for the specific jurisdiction where the shipment is sent.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2011 12:32:02 PM PDT
Peter Faden says:
They charge you when the item is being prepared for shipment, or in other words, when they send the order to their shipping dept. So, you might be charged as much as a week before it actually ships, unless it is a Prime eligible item (like this game is) if you have Prime, in which case, you probably wont be charged until a few days before you actually receive it.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 12:51:06 PM PDT
well where I live at the sales tax is 8%... also some games come with bonuses for pre ordering... and I have amazon time so I get free release date delivery... can't beat that!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  29
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  Feb 23, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about