Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Go Ask Alice forum

I was just wondering...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 7, 2009 2:41:50 PM PDT
booknerd11 says:
In all fiction books, the first or second page has, in small print, "This book is a work of fiction. All events and people mentioned are fake... ect., ect., ect." I found this quote in Go Ask Alice, so is that pretty much giving away that it isn't a real diary? That it is all fake?

Posted on May 23, 2009 2:45:46 PM PDT
Nicole says:
Yes, it's entirely fabricated. I don't believe the "This book is a work of fiction..." text was in the original edition, but in one of the more recent editions, they decided to include it. I'm not sure why, but I'd guess that they knew people were catching on to the fact that it's a fabricated diary, and putting it in would avoid legal trouble. Plus, a lot of people don't bother to read stuff like that in books, so it wouldn't be like completely giving it away. (Just my take on it, though. I'm not an expert.)

http://www.snopes.com/language/literary/askalice.asp

Posted on Dec 21, 2009 11:40:03 PM PST
Need more dope for your Kindle? http://www.amazon.com/DOPE-for-your-KINDLE/lm/R37OZPQUPTV6SO/ref=cm_lm_byauthor_title_full has all the answers!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Go Ask Alice forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 7, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 21, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Go Ask Alice
Go Ask Alice by Anonymous (Paperback - December 5, 1991)
4.3 out of 5 stars (1,781)