Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 26, 2006 6:42:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 26, 2006 6:44:36 AM PDT
T. MCGRATH says:
Four years ago, I watched the Bushies defy common sense and tell one whopper after another, so as to get us into a war that made no sense. I watched as one of MY senators (Jeffords) made one of the most gut wrenching decisions of his career to snatch power from those who would misuse it. I then watched right wing IDIOTS in other states give that power back. I have watched as men have been killed, the treasury has been looted, war crimes have been committed and the reputation of this formerly great country has been destroyed, all in the name of the Republican party and those who refused to think for themselves. I have watched as corruption has become the norm in Washington, led by those who hold the highest offices. . . . And I fear for my country. For never has it been so badly betrayed. Never has it been so badly damaged by those who pursue nothing more than wealth. I've seen Bush's cabinet, made up of millionaires, direct policies that are incredibly damaging to the poor and middle class. I've seen America's corporations shipping jobs overseas by the millions, abandoning pensions, sheltering in the bankruptcy laws, gouging the consumer for life's basic needs and the Congress rubber stamping the destruction. All are guilty of nothing more than greed, and stand ready to sacrifice what is left of the shining light on the hill, the United States Of America, for nothing more than a few dollars.
I weep for this country, for I do not believe it can survive another three years of "Conservative" rule.

It was good while it lasted, see you in hell. . . .

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2006 12:18:25 PM PDT
renato says:
Bush is no conservative. He does not believe in small government, deference to states' rights, fiscal prudence, nor respect for the Constitution.

He is, instead, a despot who is a tool of the neocons who have jettisoned all the conservative tenets regarding liberty, mistrust of government, fiscal responsibility and a reticence to meddle in foreign adventures, and kept all the war-mongering and extreme law-and-order rhetoric to the exclusion of civil liberties.

Bush is a tyrant and if we survive the current shift from republican democracy to an imperialist, authoritarian fascist state, history will regard the Bush years as the darkest times for our nation and our liberty since the Civil War.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2006 12:48:33 PM PDT
What have we done to ourselves??? Bush is NOT the American people nor does he represent American values. How can we sit back and let him get away with it? Why do we say there is nothing that can be done? WE CAN PUT HIM IN PRISON!!! Let's get 7 million people to commit to one day a week to surround the white house. He will stay in the prison (white house) of the people. Let one million people daily camp out at the white house and REFUSE to let him leave it! Taking turns daily. While the rest of us demand his impeachment. He has ran this office for no one but himself AND TO MY UNDERSTANDING THAT IS AGAINST AMERICAN POLICY AND HE IS A TRADER TO THE EXECUTIVE OFFICE. We should peacefully get together in numbers to shut that murdering Hitler down. Don't let us be like Germany and allow many more innocent people to die as they did to those poor Jews. Don't let the media and our SELFISH government stop (us) the people from getting our due rights. One alone can do nothing, but Americans assembled AS ONE can stop the greatest terrorist of ALL! WE HAVE THE POWER!!!

Also, as an international traveler, it's not fair that I constantly have to defend the American people as being different from our government. When people ask me why we are murdering our own as well as more Iraqis than Sadaam killed, I beg them to see that most Americans sit back and listen to the lies their media and politicians tell them. Americans are peaceful and loving, but somewhat niave about the destruction to even us Americans as well as those afar by our CORUPTED LEADERS, in office for their own personal agenda and greed!!! For example, the media insisted that we should crucify Clinton for lying about "that woman." "We CAN NOT TOLERATE A PRESIDENT WHO LIES" that's what the media pushed. But when Bush lied on national TV stating that HE KNEW NOTHING OF A TERROIST PLOT FOR 911(killing THOUSANDS!) and later admitted it was a lie, the media WAS HUSH HUSH. They blew up the lie about the affair, but played down BIG TIME the lie about knowledge that there would be a terrorist attempt.

Some Americans really believed that somehow Iraq would be the destruction of America and that Bush was doing the right thing for us, but now, I believe the majority of us know that we have been bamboozled. I don't believe that we put him in the second round either. Bush's money and connections won him the presidency, NOT AMERICAN VOTES.

Futhermore, if people would voice their opinions here, that would be something. WE CAN STAND FOR AMERICA! STOP THE KILLING! Also if they stop this site, it's more proof of the power of the media to shut down the voice of America.

Another idea, Let's lobby congress that the only way congressmen and the president can vote for war is if at least 50% of their children are on the front line of the war!!! That would put an end to all this mess! You see if I thought I would loose my country and our very lives were in danger, I would be the first to convince my children to defend our nation. LET IT START WITH THOSE MAKING THE DECISION FOR WAR! If they can't convince their children to go WHY SHOULD OURS?

‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Apr 26, 2006
Latest post:  Apr 27, 2006

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about