A book and eBook containing over 120 recipes focused on advanced administration tasks to build and configure powerful databases with IBM DB2 book and ebook.
- Master all the important aspects of administration from instances to IBM's newest High Availability technology pureScale with this book and e-book.
- Learn to implement key security features to harden your database's security against hackers and intruders.
- Empower your databases by building efficient data configuration using MDC and clustered tables.
IBM DB2 LUW is a leading relational database system developed by IBM. DB2 LUW database software offers industry leading performance, scale, and reliability on your choice of platform on various Linux distributions, leading Unix Systems like AIX, HP-UX and Solaris and MS Windows platforms. With lots of new features, DB2 9.7 delivers one the best relational database systems in the market.
IBM DB2 9.7 Advanced Administration Cookbook covers all the latest features with instance creation, setup, and administration of multi-partitioned database.
This practical cookbook provides step-by-step instructions to build and configure powerful databases, with scalability, safety and reliability features, using industry standard best practices.
This book will walk you through all the important aspects of administration. You will learn to set up production capable environments with multi-partitioned databases and make the best use of hardware resources for maximum performance.
With this guide you can master the different ways to implement strong databases with a High Availability architecture.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn to make best use of scalability with multi-partitioned databases
- Get to grips with advanced technological breakthroughs with RBAC, and pureScale technology
- Sharpen your troubleshooting skills
- Design and implement the best backup strategy
- Master the new exciting features added to the DB2 9.7 version
- Get step-by-step instructions to tune and optimize DB2 to achieve best performance
- Understand the database objects and their integration
This cookbook has recipes written in a simple, easy to understand format, with lots of screenshots and insightful tips and hints.
Who this book is written for
If you are a DB2 Database Administrator who wants to understand and get hands on with the underlying aspects of database administration, then this book is for you.
This book assumes that you have a basic understanding of DB2 database concepts.