Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ICEtrekkers Shoe Spikes (1 Pair)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 24, 2011
In the many years of using them, I have NEVER FALLEN DOWN with these on.

I work as a postal carrier and have tried many different products. These have been the only item that I will use. They are very easy to put on and take off. The grip on ice/snow is AMAZING! With other products, you have to worry about walking on glare ice or certain stone sidewalks. Not with these!

As a postal carrier I put a lot of miles on them every day. They usually only last a few days to a week for us before they break. If you are not using them all day every day, I can see them lasting a whole winter or three. Either way, they are WORTH EVERY PENNY.
on February 16, 2013
I do a lot of walking to the bus stop and other places in the dead of winter and started wearing spikes like these about 4 years ago. I once fell on the ice and ended up in an ambulance and since then I've been terrified of falling, especially now that I'm older. These spikes do the trick! I like them better than the coil kind (like Yak Trax) because they really grip. I finally feel secure walking.

The fit is tight. I have a size 8W ladies boot and I got the medium size. It was a bit of a struggle getting them over the boot but I did it and now they are snug and secure.

Only draw back is these will damage real wood floors. If you visit neighbors who have those floors you may find yourself having to take your boots off on the porch. They don't seem to damage fake (linoleum, etc) floors at all AND at home I have a thick braided rug inside the door that protects the wood floors. The other drawback, which is only a drawback if you want to be stealthy, is on hard floors you sound like a tap-dancing troop.
on January 20, 2010
All the products like this are hard to size; I got these in a medium/large for a women's size 8.5 shoe, and they're hard to put on but I could do it. I may have small hands, but I couldn't get them on my size 9 boots though. (Shoe sizes aren't completely consistent.) Some people think this type of product stays on better if they're tight, but that hasn't been my experience. I bought my last pair one size bigger than the manufacturer suggested, and had them the longest--but I finally lost one and am still searching. These are almost as good at providing traction, but not quite. I still slipped, but didn't fall. The reason might be that the rubber on the bottom has no tread itself so between the cleats the surface is smooth.
on January 12, 2014
I got these spikes because of the very icy weather we've had in the northeast. I walk my dog twice a day in the street and I didn't want to fall. These icetrekkers have been great. They are tough to put on, but once on, they work very well. I am very pleased with them!
on January 13, 2014
bought these for my mom who always gets trapped in her house when it's icy b/c the sun never hits her condo parking lot and they do nothing. So these helped her get to her car or at least out her front door if she needed to. She said they worked well.
on March 8, 2013
The rubber is durable and it has better teeth.than most.

Recommended

If anyone has any questions about this please don't be afraid to ask me. I'd be more than happy to answer any and all of them.
on March 2, 2013
These work very well for icy conditions and are easy to get on and off. Great instead of an extra pair of shoes.
on March 4, 2014
I had thought about purchasing a product like this many times in past winters. It took a hard fall and concussion to finally prompt me to action! I read many reviews on different brands and types of ice-gripper products but when I saw that this one had a strong recommendation from a postal carrier, my mind was made up. I am very happy with this product. I bought a size small which fits snugly over my size 8 (women's) boots. They really do the trick and allow me to walk along slick, icy areas with confidence. I don't notice any discomfort when using these but I do take them off as soon as I get inside my house or other building because I don't like the sound they make on hard floors and I'm sure the little spikes would cause scratches on wood floors. I highly recommend these.

See 1 answered question