Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now STEM Toys & Games

IGN gives kingdoms. a 9.0

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 5, 2012 10:06:12 AM PST
Ronaldregean says:
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/064/064690.html

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 5:38:38 PM PST
great review. he pretty much covered everything i wanted to know. he said the story was engaging, the combat was second to none, and a load of side quests. this game looks like it will be better than skyrim, and that's coming from someone who played skyrim for over 125 hours (and loved it).

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 3:30:50 PM PST
S. H. Wells says:
While Im not sure Amalur is better than Skyrim, it is absolutely great. I spent 100s of hours in Skyrim (and Im STILL not done with all the sidequests). Im about 80ish hours into Amalur, and I really have only scratched the surface of all the quests.

But they are really two very different animals. Skyrim/Amalur have the broad heading "fantasy RPG" in common. But after that it is a totally different experience.

If I had to briefly summarize that difference I would that is Skyrim is a *ROLE PLAYING* game and Amalur is a role playing *GAME*

Skyrim really lets you "live" in its world, get married, make friends, choose to be good or bad, to fight with or against the rebels. But no two ways about it the combat in Skyrim is a little stilted (A massive improvement over Oblivion, but half the time it feels like you're swinging against the air). There are a crazy number of items to craft, enchant, and brew.

Amalur lacks the first-person perspective, which I feel takes away from ability to inhabit the world (ie role play). But Amalur has some epic battles. You will need to use all tools at your disposal (especially on hard), enemies will flank and surround you. However the alchemy system and the crafting system seem simpler.

In other words, both games will devour your free time. But they are really very different. For me it was great to go from one engrossing world (Skyrim) to a different world (Amalur). They are different enough that it is refreshing to go from one game to another.

I recommend Amalur whole heartedly (and IGN is spot on with the review).

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 12:01:02 PM PDT
Clay says:
I agree with Wells, these are both great games but are apples/oranges. If you like good fruit, you'll be happy with either (or both in my case!)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Feb 5, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about