Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

IGN rating vs. Player rating...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2012 4:43:55 PM PST
Nick says:
Anyone happen to notice that IGN rated BO2 at a 9.3-- Amazing? However, the players rated it at a 6.9 on IGN's site. And IGN also rated Medal of Honor Warfighter at a 4-- BAD, while the players gave it a 7.5! Shows that the real reviews come from the PLAYERS. Just wanted to throw my two cents in. COD is getting stale and overdone. People wanted to diss MOH Warfighter, but that game is really fresh in its own right when compared to any COD, but BO2 still pulled in $500 million in sales, proof that people just eat any COD game up without any sort of discretion. I finally learned my lesson and didn't purchase BO2.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:02:52 PM PST
Kagejmorgan says:
*hand's you an umbrella* prepare to get bombarded by fanboy backlash...

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 2:05:59 AM PST
Luis says:
Most people just give games a 0 or 10 when it comes to user review scores and in case you live under a rock, Call of Duty is the most hated franchise this gen.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 5:28:04 AM PST
Gamer reviews are stupid too. I like BO2 a lot. I'm glad I bought it. I spent $80 and I got my money's worth, maybe more.
Treyarch has never let me down.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 11:04:34 AM PST
Jason Bean says:
and IGN's the most hated reviewers apparently...

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 8:35:53 PM PST
Tim Drake says:
Only because they're super-biased. They gave MoH a 4/10 for the same things that BO2 got a 9.3 for.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 10:06:44 PM PST
Reviewers get access to all sorts of sweet gear, pre-release parties, early access for reviews and other cool stuff. Not surprisingly the ones that review favorably get on companies good sides, thus more free stuff and special treatment.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 5:21:26 AM PST
Honestly, I did not buy the game. Played it (didn't care for it, i'll stick to Halo). I don't get why everyone is so hateful towards the series? I have all of them except black ops 2 But you can't say "Most hated series this gen" Because they are also the highest selling series this gen. So they did something right early on to keep bringing people back (including myself) Each year I am disappointed yet each year I go to the midnight release. Go figure. As for the reviews. I have noticed this game has a lot of problems, so I believe user reviews of 2 and 3 stars out of 5 seems more accurate than ign and gamespot who get parties and get to play it on private servers before the release. The games have a lot of hype whether we like it or not.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 1:36:04 PM PST
N. Rios says:
That is because most of the reviews that give bad reviews are stupid. Lag compensation was removed and people are complaining because of their shit ass internet. Now people are giving it 1 star just because of the Nuketown 2025 removal. The game isn't based off the Nuketown map, it is based off the entire multi-player, zombies, and campaign. Heck, most of these bad reviews don't even have the "Amazon Verified Purchase" they are probably just hating it without playing it. Go talk to friends you have that has BO2 and most of them will say it is the best CoD or that is is a very good game. In person I have not seen a single person complain about BO2 except on here.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about