Customer Discussions > For Your Entertainment forum

IIHY Single and Video News

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2010 10:42:45 AM PDT
Darwin says:
It's for the best. It'll just get stuck in your head and drive you insane anyway, that's what is happening to me right now, lol.

Posted on May 2, 2010 12:48:38 PM PDT
JMac says:
Okay guys you probably have to be an Adam fan to think it will be Epic - we get that... I think Macho described it pretty accurately when he said Adam will be in it!!! :-) That alone makes it almost Epic and then Adam is performing his song and looking gorgeous as well...that could push it right over the top into EPIC!!! LOL - maybe we are a little easy to please when it comes to Adam!!

Have you guys seen the 9 minute version of Gaga and Beyonce's video - that thing is just crazy!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2010 4:21:22 PM PDT
Pat says:
JMac,
I have seen the Gaga/Beyonce video.
It is a bit much for me.
I admire Laday Gaga's creativity however parts of the video especially the diner part was not my cup of tea.

Have you seen the picture from IIHY single?
It is amazing!
Check out AO if you have not seen it.

Posted on May 2, 2010 4:54:25 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 2, 2010 4:56:20 PM PDT]

Posted on May 2, 2010 4:56:39 PM PDT
S. Andrews says:
http://www.ryanseacrest.com/page/american-top-5

Type in If I Had You

Posted on May 2, 2010 5:15:34 PM PDT
S. Andrews says:
http://topidolblog.com/2010/05/this-cannot-end-well-adam-lambert-wants-you-to-request-his-new-song/

M. Golden, that wasn't your tweet in the box on this page, was it? (just kiddin')

Posted on May 2, 2010 5:16:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 2, 2010 5:19:08 PM PDT
Fantastic says:
WTH, hey guys (and Darwin) the EPIC discussion was just as whacked as the Adam's nose discussion. (LOL)

Real Definition of EPIC: (From Latin epicus, from Greek epikos)
1. An extended narrative poem in elevated or dignified language, celebrating the feats of a legendary or traditional hero.
2. A literary or dramatic composition that resembles an extended narrative poem celebrating heroic feats.
Example: "Beowulf' was an Anglo-Saxon epic.

EPIC Definition From the Urban (Slang) Dictionary: (The way Adam was using it)

1. Being unusually large, powerful or wonderful. On a grander scale than the modified word would otherwise imply.
Popular synonyms: Massive, Huge, Incredible, Awesome
Example: "Hey man, that bungee jump was EPIC!"

2. (adjective) Totally Awesome or otherwise really positive. Can be used to refer to anything but is usually referring to a particular event or action. The most common usages are "epic win" or "epic failure," and some prefer to type it in all caps. Occasionally people use the phrase "Epic ___" as a stand-alone sentence or phrase, always following a story about something considered Epic.
Example: "He's a blackbelt in karate, so when this bleep came up to him, he totally kicked the dude's bleep. You should have been there, man, it was bleepin' EPIC."

Posted on May 2, 2010 5:44:10 PM PDT
Krickette says:
S. Andrews,
I saw Adam's tweet to request IIHY.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2010 6:02:15 PM PDT
Fantastic says:
Krickette,
CUTE TWEET-"Request 'If I Had You' at your favorite radio station now!!! Let's blow this bleep up!!!" about 2 hours ago via Echofan from Adam

Posted on May 2, 2010 6:14:19 PM PDT
Krickette says:
M. Golden,
I thought it was cute. I have made the request.

Posted on May 2, 2010 8:57:42 PM PDT
Fantastic says:
This link to Q102 to rate IIHY also has a link to listen to IIHY. If you listen to it (and you don't have to listen to vote), you will discover it's not exactly the same as the song on the album. It's the radio cut version. Many songs on albums are too long for radio airplay, so they cut them before they release them. That's what they did with IIHY.

http://www.q102.com/pages/onair/richierich.html?page=2

Posted on May 3, 2010 12:25:25 AM PDT
tess4ADAM says:
Hi: Did you see the single cover for IIHY? E.P.I.C. .. AWESOME .. GREAT ... GORGEOUS ... YES!!!

Posted on May 3, 2010 7:26:44 AM PDT
S. Andrews says:
M. Golden, I am wondering if the radio stations might get another version of IIHY than what is on the album. I never hear him sing that "diggety do" part of the song when he performs it live. I wonder if that is a little too pop for airplay? Just wondering.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2010 8:31:56 AM PDT
Fantastic says:
S. Andrews,
I think that many songs have an album version and a radio version due to the length of the song. I guess they cut the parts out that they feel are not that good for radio airplay. At least with Adam's songs, they don't have to change or bleep out any four letter words as they do with so many other songs.

Posted on May 3, 2010 9:23:43 AM PDT
The Weez says:
Is anyone else having a problem with the Ryan Seacrest site for voting for WWFM for adult top 40 and adding in a request for IIHY? When I pull up this site (and I have tried it from a couple different places - Planet Fierce, the web address posted on the Amazon discussion etc.) What I get is a listing of the top 40 to vote for on the right and the heading Adult top 40 on the right with no listings under for voting. All it says is The Script was #1 before. Anybody have a solution for this or any idea what is going on???

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2010 12:50:52 PM PDT
S. Andrews says:
Louise, I have not had any trouble. Are you trying this link and giving it a second to load:

http://www.ryanseacrest.com/page/american-top-5

Posted on May 3, 2010 12:52:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2010 2:24:33 PM PDT
S. Andrews says:
Adam and Perez are having a twitter skirmish about Adam asking his fans to request big time IIHY--

Adam called him a "bigger tweet" and Perez said he (Perez) had the "bigger p_ _ _ _."

Here is Adam's answer--
"@PerezHilton cute perez, cute... But it's only in your dreams that you'd ever have the opportunity to compare. " Ha Ha

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2010 1:04:44 PM PDT
S. Andrews, Love Adam's tweet...Perez seems very 'taken' by Adam!

Have there been any follow up tweets from the UK about news 'we'll just love'. Was it you or Golden that posted it last night?...bobbie

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2010 1:10:04 PM PDT
The Weez says:
S. Andrews, yes, that's the link I've been using. Don't know what the problem is. I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for the response.

Posted on May 3, 2010 2:13:07 PM PDT
Fantastic says:
The first station to add IIHY!!!

* = Auto Add
Station Spins LW Added Chart Wk# Added Chart Rank Format Market Label Owner Market Rank Date Added
WIFC-FM Pub 1 0 0 Top 40 Wausau-Stevens Point, WI 19/RCA Midwest Communications Inc. 168 5/3/2010

Posted on May 3, 2010 2:18:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2010 2:20:00 PM PDT
Fantastic says:
The tweet fight between Adam and Perez Hilton:

@PerezHilton cute perez, cute... But it's only in your dreams that you'd ever have the opportunity to compare. :) about 6 hours ago via Echofon in reply to PerezHilton (LOVE IT!!!)

@PerezHilton #you'rethebiggertweet about 7 hours ago via Echofon in reply to PerezHilton

@PerezHilton I don't want the same to happen w IIHY, but maybe "privilege" was the wrong term? Would you like to write my material for me? about 7 hours ago via Echofon in reply to PerezHilton

@PerezHilton I passed on the stations' requests so that WWFM wasn't pulled outta rotation. (my glamberts woulda been angry then) about 7 hours ago via Echofon in reply to PerezHilton

@PerezHilton a handful of big stations complained that some of my fans were taking it too far. (a few months back) about 7 hours ago via Echofon in reply to PerezHilton

about 16 hours ago via Echofon Request IF I HAD YOU w your fav radio station but remember: once a day! Don't abuse the privledge! :) I love you all so much!

about 17 hours ago via Echofon Request 'If I Had You' at your favorite radio station now!!! Let's blow this bleep up!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2010 2:23:32 PM PDT
S. Andrews says:
M. Golden--just listened to IIHY on Q102 voting site--trying to figure out the difference between that and the album. I really thought he would cut out the diggity do part but that wasn't it. Is it the end part, are you saying it is shorter?

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2010 2:30:03 PM PDT
S. Andrews says:
M. Golden,
I thought Adam was setting himself up for some kind of backlash from someone with that tweet about "Let's blow this bleep up!! " We know he doesn't mean he wants his fans to harass the DJ's but some of his detractors would take it that way.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2010 2:41:04 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 3, 2010 2:41:42 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2010 3:45:33 PM PDT
Fantastic says:
S. Andrews,
I thought they shortened the end of IIHY for the radio, but I'm not sure. Many songs on albums are four minutes or more, and radio will NOT play a song that long.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  37
Total posts:  4439
Initial post:  May 1, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
For Your Entertainment
For Your Entertainment by Adam Lambert (Audio CD - 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (869)