Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on April 26, 2011
I didn't expect much from this plastic clip but it didn't last long enough to give it a chance.

It snapped off my visor after about 3 months. Before it snapped off completely, the button to open it broke, so I had to lift it open and close it manually.

Also, it was very annoying when I pulled down the visor the clip was on. My sunglasses would bounce around and hang in front of my eyes, blocking my vision.

Finally it would make noise when my glasses slide back and forth into it because it didn't hold them so well.

Find something else.
on November 16, 2013
After searching, researching, and trying different models, I bought this one. Typical in design - it clips onto the auto visor. It snaps closed over your folded glasses, clamping the frame struts to its foam cushion to secure them. Sounds great. But like ALL of those similar models that employ this same method, the plastic breaks at the hinge pin and falls off. Then you throw it in the trash, where it belongs.

I'm sorry to sound negative - but it seems to fuel a needless frustration, when today's technology - and the overwhelming flood of aftermarket auto accessories fails to produce a simple, smart, and even prefect device to hold and protect sunglasses, in a quick-to-access fashion.

Sure - this holder reviewed wasn't expensive, but if it doesn't work - or soon breaks - I don't want it at all.

I would rather have nothing then buy cheap junk that disappoints.
on July 22, 2010
Loved it while it worked for the week I had it. However, not durable at all.
on September 22, 2010
Despite being tiny, this item works well. But the axle, or pivot, may fall out after repeated use. It's only a minor problem to re-insert it, but a little thought might have prevented this design problem.
on July 9, 2014
It was great for the first couple of weeks, and then suddenly broke after about 20 normal open and closes. The plastic clasp which locks it shut just gave out and broke off. But Amazon customer service was AWESOME and took care of my refund/replacement with amazing speed and ease, which made a cruddy situation a lot better. *Thank you Amazon* - and I recommend that you avoid buying this specific clip.
on February 5, 2014
I have used this clip style for many years. Recently I had broken both that I had, so I came to amazon to buy another one or two. This one was only available as an add on, so I bought two of the other style. I got them and thought.. hmm... anyway, they are crap, I am afraid my glasses will fall right out. So I went back to this style. This clip is simply the best, it holds my sunglasses securely, and even if I bump it while getting in or out of the car, I know my glasses wont fall out! I wont be trying any other kind from now on.
on December 13, 2013
I'm actually disappointed. When I got the products (I bought two, one for my glasses and one for sunglasses) it looks like they've been through a war. The packaging and the product are scratched and dull. The product is obviously so cheaply made. The clip for the visor is really tough to bend and has already made markings on my cream visor. The button to release the glasses has to be done with two hands.... I give this two stars for the sheer fact that it works the way I need it to...I may return and pay more to get a nicer one.
on September 2, 2014
Excellent visor clip, it keeps my sunglasses from getting crushed by accidentally sitting or stepping on them in the car. This attaches securely to the visor on my car and my glasses stay put, until I unclip them.
on April 22, 2014
I got this as a gift for a friend. She loves it! Its a simple way to hold your sunglasses in the car and always know where they will be. I have seen it in action many times. In fact, I thought it worked so well for her... I bought one for myself. The clip is secure on the visor and I never worry about my sunglasses getting damaged or lost!
on April 6, 2014
MY other one broke because the hinge pin was not properly fastened. From the looks of the hinge pin on this one it is well made, plus I get a very satisfying snap when I close it, would buy this again if and when needed, happy with purchase

See 1 answered question