5.0 out of 5 stars Can Smile again
Published on December 9, 2010 by Aravyndra

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star Reviews, What's Behind Them?
Published 3 months ago by N. Albert

5.0 out of 5 stars Can Smile again, December 9, 2010
I've always been embarrassed to smile. First I have a low gum line... I wanted to have my gum line lifted, but I was told it would be too painful because I have mostly bone under my gums and they wouldn't be able to take that much off anyway. I also went through braces... the extreme pain of the tightening, my lips would be cut up during the process, and it didn't even help. My teeth went right back once all the treatments were done. Worse, I was in a car accident that pushed some teeth in. They also discolored after all of the work I had done to them. I wanted veneers, but they told me it would be over $10,000 and I'd have to get braces (again) first. That option was out for many reasons.

I heard of snap on teeth, but my dentist said he didn't deal in them. besides, why spend $1,200 when I could get the same effect from novelty teeth? I originally bought another pair from a different novelty company... but they didn't work out. they were very thick in the mouth, looked plastic, and because of the shelf where your teeth rest, they were unnaturally low which showed a lot of fake plastic gum when you smiled. Plus they didn't stay in very well. The plastic dots you melt into an adhesive didn't hold once it was dry. I was told to remove the shelf where your teeth rested... however it's very hard. I've tried cutting it, sanding it down, pealing it with a knife... it's very hard to remove without damaging the teeth themselves.

So I looked into other alternatives. I saw these from Dr. Bukk and decided to try them out. They were a little more expensive than the other ones, but they are obviously no where near $1,200 expensive. So I bought them. They came in and I worried, they were thinner than the other set, and looked kinda flimsy. I didn't have much hope for this set. But I followed the directions... and suddenly... I have a new, realistic looking smile. I can't believe the difference, nor can I believe how natural they look. I posted pics for my friends to see before and afters and no one can believe it! They said if they didn't see the before, they never would have thought the afters were fake teeth.

One thing I do have to say... the beads don't really stick that well... I used denture cream, but that was disgusting. So then I found Sea Bond denture strips. Same hold, no left over goopy grossness. Make sure you stick the majority of the bond to your gums. The only thing that isn't the greatest is the shaping. You have to be careful if you're missing teeth, or if you're like me and have teeth that are knocked inward, NOT to press on the fake teeth during the shaping process in those places, or the shape will be off. You have to press around the problemed teeth to keep the illusion. This may cause a small gap between your real tooth and the fake tooth, so I wouldn't recommend eating anything you have to bite into. Maybe it would be okay, but I don't plan on trying it.

Otherwise I haven't had any issues eating things I can chew with my back teeth, soft foods, or drink. I give these an A+. If you want to see before an after pictures, leave me a comment. I won't post them on this review cause I'm not sure if I'm allowed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quick fix!, November 5, 2009
J. Scott (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IMAKO COSMETIC TEETH (Color: Natural) (Health and Beauty)
Don't get your hopes up if you think you can use these as a permanent fix. I bought them realizing that only a dentist could truly fix and repair my issues and am very happy with my purchase knowing that. They are extremely easy to fit if you go into the process with a little time and patience. I followed the directions, used a little common sense, cut it into a 'partial' and even used the extra beads to build it up. Had I tried to use the entire set to cover up all my teeth they may have been too fake looking, but then again I was comparing them to my natural front teeth.
All in all it took about half an hour, made a great, inexpensive cover up for a missing tooth so I could attend a function without being embarrassed.
I am very pleased with the purchase. If you read the directions all the way through then follow them, don't expect to eat with them(just like it says on the package)and realize they are $40 temporary cover up teeth and don't expect the same results as $5000 dentures or snap-ons, you'll be happy too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cosmetic shell that serves its purpose as advertized, June 2, 2010
This review is from: IMAKO COSMETIC TEETH (Color: Natural) (Health and Beauty)
I'm surprised to see so many negative reviews for this product. Surely people do not expect to buy a perfect set of upper teeth for $40!
I recently had to lose a near front tooth and the gap is VERY noticeable. I searched online for a cheap and temporary solution, and found the Imako shell. I didn't realize I could purchase them even cheaper at Amazon, or I would have.
The Imako shell is what it claims to be, and looks exactly like the photo which shows the shell between the before and after smile. Yes, the teeth are fused together, and yes, they look like false teeth, but not so different from dentures. The "natural" one, which I ordered, has a slight yellowish hue, and I'm guessing the "bleached" option mentioned at Dr. Bukk's website is more white.
I spent some time at Dr. Bukk's website, where there is a video which shows how to prepare the set to fit your mouth, as well as a printable image so you can be sure to get the size that is the closest fit. I followed the video instructions, and was able to adjust the shell to fit and stay in place in about 30 minutes. You don't need to be a brain surgeon, just watch the video, and follow the directions. You may need to heat the water to just less than boiling to soften the pink material that you add to the shell.
When I finished the process, the shell does not quite fit tight to the bottom of my front teeth, but the very small gap is only visible if I tip my head way back. The shell fits over my teeth and gums and stays in place. Yes, it feels like an appliance in the mouth, but I expected that. I actually have less lisping with the shell than without it. I find the shell to be comfortable enough to wear for many hours without irritation, and I'm a sensitive type.

Given that what I wanted was something that would cover the missing tooth, I'm entirely satisfied with this product. I recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Effective Temporary Solution for Bad Teeth, May 16, 2011
emeleste "armchair traveler" (Jacksonville, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
I can assure you that I am in no way affiliated with Imako, Dr.Bukk, or with any "positive review board" paid or unpaid. This review is my experience, and my honest opinion. That said: I no longer am ashamed to go out in public and smile. I do not fear having my picture taken. My confidence has increased immeasurably, and it feels good to feel good about my appearance again! About 16 years ago I suffered a fall that dislodged one of my front teeth. It didn't come out, but it was badly damaged, and turned a nasty yellow color. Then the tooth next to it got chipped. A few years after that, one of my teeth behind the canine on one side broke off (bad filling) and a couple of years after that a tooth on the other side broke off. I once had "perfect" teeth that I was proud of, and my smile was one of my best assets. After all that happened,that part of my life had come to a screeching halt. I cannot afford the cost of having the professional dental work I need, at this time. But the thought of spending the rest of my life ashamed to let people see my mouth was unacceptable. After much research and a lot of thought and apprehension, I decided to try the Imako teeth. I am so glad I did! I watched the video on the Imako site repeatedly to be sure I understood the process. I read and re-read the instructions that came with the teeth, and followed the directions precisely. It took me three tries to get a good fit with the molding plastic, and one more tweak the next day to smooth out the transition on my gum line. I will warn you that it's possible that the first time you see yourself with white teeth, after having damaged, stained, or missing teeth for a long time,it might be a bit of a shock. I was startled, but quickly adjusted...and when my husband came home and saw me for the first time with them in, he immediately complimented me and told me I looked wonderful! You cannot eat with these in, but since dental creams or adhesives are not needed to hold the teeth secure in the mouth, it's not a big deal to pop them out for meals (you'd have to do that with a dental bridge, anyway.) You can drink cool drinks (including red wine) but avoid very hot drinks while wearing these teeth. Otherwise, I can talk, laugh, sneeze, cough etc. with no fear of an embarrassing accident, and best of all, I can once again hold my head up high and smile at the world! If needed, they can be freshened up with a dental soaking solution made for dentures, but mostly just a good rinsing at night is sufficient to keep the teeth looking good. The Imako teeth aren't a perfect solution for bad teeth, but they are a wonderful cosmetic solution that can restore a person's self esteem until such time as professional dental work can be obtained. I plan to buy another pair as "back up", and now my husband (who also has issues with his teeth) is wanting to order a set for himself, too! For what it is and does...I highly recommend this product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Imako Smile, August 26, 2013
I know there are alot of fake positive as well as negative reviews!! I hope someone will read mine and find it believable and helpful!!

I ordered the Imako with the lowest expectations. .. but I must say I was pleasantly surprised!!

They do look awful funny when you ooen the package but I knew they'd come flat... the fitting is a bit iffy but once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad.

At first I thought "omg, I should'a ordered the smaller size" and thought it wouldn't work, but after wearing them for a while I must say, they do work!! For a cheap temporary fix up I fell in love with them!!

If you are in a pinch and need a quick, temporary fix, these are for you!! if you are looking fir something more permanent, you need to save money and see a professional!!

At first they seem a bit big, but you get used to it. The give you a reaally slight optical overbite (which in my case I think looks kinda cute) and if they should give you a bad lisp (mine was gone after wearing them an hour) you need to remold and push them a bit higher, so they are as good as level with your own teeth.

I got the natural color which is still whiter than my own teeth!! So unless you want them to look totally fake, don't order the bleached!!

SO, I hope I don't sound like a fake sales person or whatever, but I can rrecommend these!

Btw: I only gave a 4 star rating, because they are a bit iffy to work with in the beginning!!

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star Reviews, What's Behind Them?, April 26, 2014
N. Albert (Augusta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
I'm the inventor and manufacturer of the Imako Cosmetic Teeth, and very proud of it. I put one star so people looking at the worst criticism would learn the truth. Each day I get tearful testimonials and blessings from customers . We have a half of a 1% return rate, and often this is because they order two to decide which one to keep. We guarantee our product. We have NEVER harmed anyone's teeth, never had to pay for anyone's dental treatment, never been sued, never had to use our liability insurance and we have an A+ BBB rating. Maybe once a month we have an unhappy caller, but we can walk most of them through the fitting process. If this product were fairly reviewed it would have 5 stars. We are in mail order catalogs, and the competition is not, for good reason. We are selling maybe 25 times as many units. Look at their YouTube fitting instructions where 13,000 people have watched, as opposed to over 312,000 have watched ours. So take these reviews trashing Imako with a grain of salt. The savage criticism is fueled by bitter losers. There's evidence mounting they are so desperate they are packaging and selling fraudulent versions of Imako on Amazon, so let me know if this happens to you, and we will get these sellers banned from Amazon and prosecute them. The frauds will crack in half if you drop them.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are awesome to have until you get your teeth fixed. My hubby loves his. I recommend them :), December 15, 2012
If you smoke put the clear polish on them after you get them fitted for your mouth. My husband did not do this and his are yellow now. We soaked them in peroxide and it did not turn them whiter at all. I ordered a 2nd pair. They are awesome for a quick fix until you get to the dentist. We are awaiting for his job insurance to kick in. You can not eat in them. I had ordered the other "smile false teeth" and they arrived broken up in the mail and i did not like the way they looked at all when they arrived. I need to send them back to Amazon. So i reordered these because my husband did like them.

Happy Holidays

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth It, Appearance Improved 100% - A Great Investment!, July 15, 2011
After having them for a week, I finally put them to the test today. In an hour-long session with my therapist! What better place?

Oh, my doctor, my mom and my nephew ALL thought that I had gone to a dentist to have it fitted! Couldn't believe I did it myself. :)

First note: If you are an impatient person, do not get these! It takes a bit of time and patience to do-it-yourself. :)

I first ordered small but exchanged them for a large. The stock picture they show here is for the size large. The smalls are noticably smaller. What's very important is to measure your teeth exactly as instructed on their site. Like this - "Measure across the width of the four front teeth. If it is closer to 1-1/8th inches (28 mm.), then order small, If closer to 1-1/4th inches (32 mm.) order large."

As I said BE PATIENT, I made sure to follow both the written and video instructions, that's a MUST. I didn't get a perfect fit the first time but the good thing is you can get another chance until it's right! I made mistakes of smooshing the mold compound too high on my front gum, and too low on my back two sides. I dipped either one side or the top part in simmering water to re-loosen it and re-mold it. I gradually tried it on each day and talked in a mirror.

I knew if I rushed it I would get frustrated. I had to determine over a period where the compound was too thick, or where it didn't sit right. They do give you more than needed as it says, so I trimmed a bit off. It's not wax, it's a much sturdier compound.

I was afraid it would be loose and fall out, but once I perfected the fit, just the opposite, it took a little trying to come out! Drinking sips of hot water will help loosen it if need be. Public speaking, family functions, everything will be much improved for this small investement. :)

I have just added my actual before & after picture above the reviews, using the large size I purchased. Go look!

To the people who gave bad reviews, I don't know your exact dental situation of course, but I would urge some of you to give it another try. I'm a theatrical make-up artist and even I had to use patience and keep perfecting it. Things that are worth it are not always quick and easy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Semi Satisfied, February 24, 2012
Given I've had this product no longer than 2 hours I'm going to let it marinate for a few days, but the product is just ok. I got a size small but the teeth are so big for my mouth I cant close it properly (but the creator IS Dr. Bukk.) The shaping process made me realize I need to get real veneers. It does stick after it molds to your arch but the molding process isn't efficient. I would also hate to have a face to face conversation with these on. This also makes me wonder if most of the reviews on this product are fake. I am aware I only spent 40 dollars and I got what I paid for, but overall my money could have gone to a better purpose and this substitute might not work for me. We'll see!

1.0 out of 5 stars Too fake looking, September 11, 2011
I got these teeth not expecting much and I was right. They arrived and immediately I knew I wouldn't be able to wear them because they looked too fake. They fit alright, but the teeth are designed in such a way that they just look like all the teeth are together, there is no separation with gums that normal teeth have. The color is WAY off..no one's teeth are that shade. It's like one big tooth all the way across..you would never be able to fool someone into thinking they are your real teeth. But what do you expect from $40 teeth. My advice: Save your $40 and put it in the bank and add to it until you get enough money to visit a dentist for cosmetic repair. That's what I am going to do.

IMAKO COSMETIC TEETH (Color: Natural)
$22.94 - $39.99