Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: IMATION 2094 50PK DVD+R 16X CAKE BOX SUPL LIGHTSCRIBE HP BRANDED
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 13, 2009
Bought this product because my new computer has LightScribe and I just had to try it out.

Burnt a home video to the DVD and it recorded quickly and easily - no data loss.

I then "flipped" it over and used LightScribe on it. Decent quality.

I know some people don't like HP, but I didn't have any problems with this product. I have an HP computer, DVD with LightScribe, Quad-core processor and 6gb of ram and had no issues with this.

Please note: If you don't have LightScribe, don't buy this. There are much cheaper DVD's out there to buy. Only buy this if you have LightScribe and you want to use LightScribe. Don't know if you have it? You probably don't. LightScribe is a way for you to label your DVD's with the laser inside of your DVD writer/player. It works fairly well and is cool, but if you don't have one, you are just wasting money buying these.

Have a LightScribe but not sure if you will use it? I say buy a pack and try it out. Play with it a little. You can always go back to regular DVD's.

By the way, one question people always ask, "Which type of DVD should I buy? +R -R RW??? Which one!?!? If you plan on recording something to play on a regular DVD, it is my opinion that the DVD+R (this product) is the best choice. The RW ones are mainly used for writing more than once on the DVD and you can have some compatibility issues. Normal user? Sending home videos to grandma? Buy the +R (this product.)

Enjoy!
55 comments| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2008
The image was amazing, it took about 30 minutes to burn it but that was filling up the entire label side of the disk with four different pictures and a title. Looks better then having the paper labels as long as a monochromatic image is satisfactory, which I think it is.
on November 21, 2007
This product is great!! The imgages you can create with LightScribe are second only to commercial DVD's. Expect a high quality detailed image to take about 20-25 minutes to burn, but you can do your normal computing or just walk away.
on October 19, 2009
These are very good discs by very good I mean only 3 out 100 failed which is not bad considereing I have had some packs that 10+ out of 100 have failed to record or I could light scribe on.
on November 2, 2010
Item works exactly as described. Had no problems burning & the lightscribe side came out perfectly on every disc so far (I'm over halfway through the stack). Highly recommended for anyone with a lightscribe burner that needs lots of discs. For the price, you can't beat it.

UPDATE EDIT: Just FYI, as of 11/27 I've went through my stack & ordered another. Made it through about half of the second one, so that's around 75 DVD's... Not one problem yet! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
on December 18, 2011
These discs are only okay. I bought two 50 packs because the price is unbeatable. I was using them to copy my wedding video for relatives and wanted to put a nice lightscribe label on them. The discs that work are fine, quality is good and lightscribe labels look great. However, 18% (9 out of 50) of the first pack failed while trying to write. While I know you should expect a few bad discs in a bulk pack I think that many is pretty shameful. Maybe I just got a bad batch but for almost 20% of the discs to be useless and end up thrown out is crazy.
Update 1/7/2013 - I have since began using the 2nd 50 pack that I purchased. So far it's the same story on the 2nd pack. It's very hit or miss whether the disc will work or not.
on October 29, 2013
Maybe I'm another person who received a bad batch, but these just ended up in the trash. Unfortunately, I waited too long to try them to get a refund as I still had a different brand to use first.

I used blank DVD's to record TV programs, and always use the DVD+R. One of these discs wouldn't play after I finalized the disc (of course I erased the programs from my DVR before finding this out). I even tried it on two different players plus my computer, and none would play . All of the discs from this bundle caused a VERY loud humming noise from my DVD recorder/player, whether it was recording or playing back a disc. It didn't matter if the disc was finalized or not. I used about 10 of these discs and all of them caused the humming noise. Discs that I recorded with another brand played fine as well as prerecorded DVD's.

Also, the DVD's I received in this bundle didn't have any graphics on them at all, not even the HP logo, but the picture on the Amazon site seems to have something printed on it at the 11:00 position.

I saw a few other reviews saying basically "maybe I got a bad batch, but ...", so why risk it? Go with another brand.
on July 11, 2010
I read a review here before my purchase and it said one person thought because he had a HP it should work but did not. I am here to say they work better than any other I have used and I have a new HP. Guess it all depends...work great for me!
on March 20, 2011
Realized my computer had Lightscribe so I wanted to try it out. being that HP is a trusted name, I went with them. I have no problems with this product. works great. For recording CD's/MP3's or movies, it works like any blank DVD. Flipping it over and making your own professional looking labels is great!
on June 10, 2009
I have been very happy with these DVD's. They burn very nicely. Haven't had problems with any of them. I have gone through one package of 50 already and am on my second.