4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not entirely great.
Published 15 months ago by Mr. Rifkin

2.0 out of 5 stars What I was looking for, but poorly shipped
Published 15 months ago by Travis G

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not entirely great., June 3, 2013
This review is from: 18 INCH MOLLE COMPATIBLE MACHETE SHEATH-OD (Misc.)
I got the product. it fits fine in my 18 inch machete. slightly big. can slide out sort of easy. (depending on blade size) but i didnt like how it was packaged. If the people who are packaging this see this comment. id recommend not folding it. it breaks the plastic. and to viewers who are looking to buy this product. be warned it may be folded in the packaging, came on time tho. i like the shipping service. just...not how it was packaged..

2.0 out of 5 stars What I was looking for, but poorly shipped, May 24, 2013
This review is from: 18 INCH MOLLE COMPATIBLE MACHETE SHEATH-OD (Misc.)
This is exactly what I've been looking for. It's hard to find a molle compatible machete sheath. I decided to buy from here instead of directly from Rothco because it was a little cheaper. When it arrived I noticed that it came in a small package. I opened it and found that the sheath had been folded in order to fit in the package. I examined the sheath and immediately discovered that the plastic liner was severely broken because the item had been folded. I am greatly displeased.

I will be returning this and ordering another directly from Rothco.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Yeah!!, June 10, 2013
This review is from: 18 INCH MOLLE COMPATIBLE MACHETE SHEATH-OD (Misc.)
Fast delivery and very nice price. Now some will probably shout it down because of the sleeve insert but don't worry about that.
Now on mine I already had a Gerber machete w/ a sheath (but it only mounted with a belt). I just (with effort & patience) shoved it in there. If you don't have this option then try this out, I did and it worked great, take the sleeve and put anything in the center of the sleeve that approximates its inner dimensions. I cut 3 strips of cardboard, stacked them and slid them inside the sleeve. The cardboard will act as backstop for the next step. Using Gorilla Glue's heavy duty (B/A) duct-tape and gave the sleeve a one coat wrap with the tape. Bingo, fixed it, made it more durable and it took me all of 15 minutes. When you look at the sleeve you will notice that one leading edge side is doubled up for thickness, that's the blade edge side.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sheath is as described., October 17, 2013
This review is from: 18 INCH MOLLE COMPATIBLE MACHETE SHEATH-OD (Misc.)
I did have a problem with the plastic inner lining so I removed it and will make an inner lining out of tougher material. Overall a tough serviceable sheath.

2.0 out of 5 stars The good: the price, July 13, 2014
It's okay.
The good: the price.

The bad: single row stitching is used to assemble it. No double stitching around seams and no box stitching holding mole straps. So it will eventually fail and begin to rip apart under use. The plastic insert that protects the sheath from the blade's edge comes out with my machete. It was also was partially torn (still brand new) along the fold/seam on each side. To fix this I used gorilla tape to wrap the plastic insert and then used gorilla glue to glue it into the sheath.

Overall this is a cheap mass produced imported sheath you would expect to find on the shelf of an army navy surplus store along with all the other crap they sell. But I would not declare this sheath fit for duty.

If your serious about being out doors, like I am, don't expect it to hold up. But that said at this price you can buy several. If you get a year of service out of it then you're not doing bad.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's alright, March 12, 2014
This review is from: 18 INCH MOLLE COMPATIBLE MACHETE SHEATH-OD (Misc.)
I bought as a replacement for the canvas one which didn't support MOLLE. MOLLE features are nice as well as the two pockets to store a sharpening stone. The retaining strap doesn't fit well and the machete can slide right out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Machete sheath, September 21, 2013
Earl Lyon (JOHNSON CITY, TN, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 18 INCH MOLLE COMPATIBLE MACHETE SHEATH-OD (Misc.)
Perfect for an 18" blade. The molle straps make it easy to attach it to a modern pack. The only complaint it color. I wouldve liked something patterned by Crye or in ATACS

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to attach my Ontario 18 in to my B.O.B., August 25, 2014
This review is from: 18 INCH MOLLE COMPATIBLE MACHETE SHEATH-OD (Misc.)
I have an Ontario 18 in. machete. I wanted something to attach it to my bug out bag and came across this. This proved to be perfect. It fits the machete fine and it attaches to my bag fine. I don't know why everyone says they got it shipped folded in half. Mine was folded with the plastic piece straight.

I subtracted a star because the retention strap is really useless. It's too wide and doesn't even touch my machete handle when buttoned. Also the buttons that hold the MOLLE straps clamped seem a little too easy to unbutton. I don't think it's going to be too much of a problem as long as you don't wear out the buttons by using them a lot. I plan on equipping this thing to my bug out bag, putting it in my car, and never touching for years unless a no-joke SHTF situation occurs. For what I bought this sheath for, it's absolutely perfect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't fit 18 inch blades, June 22, 2014
This review is from: 18 INCH MOLLE COMPATIBLE MACHETE SHEATH-OD (Misc.)
I have tried two 18" machetes with this sheath and both are too long.
Kershaw 1074 Camp Knife, 18-Inch
MTECH USA MT-20-08L Machete Knife 25-Inch Overall
The blade tip rests in the sheath rather than at the hilt, therefore the stitching at the end will split open before long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, June 2, 2014
This review is from: 18 INCH MOLLE COMPATIBLE MACHETE SHEATH-OD (Misc.)
This thing is amazing. I read the comments about how the sheath had been folded to fit for packaging. Not even close in my case, whether it was a different dealer, or they changed their shipping methods, mine came 100% in tact, not bent in any way shape or form. Fits perfectly on my Rothco molley medium assault pack.

18 INCH MOLLE COMPATIBLE MACHETE SHEATH-OD